Enable/Disable JIT on Senseless ROMS

Search This thread

scuccia

May 23, 2008
I have made a couple of zips that allow you to enable or disable JIT on Senseless ROMS. Apply these in ClockworkMod Recovery to enable/disable JIT.

The enable_jit.zip contains the files from the Desire Thread/Unrevoked JIT Wiki and the disable_jit.zip contains the files from the Stock rom.

BE SURE TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!!

Tested and working on:
Jager Senseless v1.7
Yeti ROM
PMF v1.1
Unrevoled ROM

Tested and NOT working on:
Stock (Random reboots)
CM5 Test 3 (Everything FCs on boot)
Most likely any other ROM with Sense

To see if JIT is enabled, while booted do the following:
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/bin/
getprop dalvik.vm.execution-mode
If JIT is enabled it should return:
Code:
int:jit

You can also compare Linpack and/or Quadrant scores from before you enabled JIT.

All credit goes to gr0gmint who got it working it on the Desire.

Again, do a NANDROID backup before you load these and please post your results with what ROM you are running.

Attachments

• enable_jit.zip
    794.8 KB · Views: 673
  • disable_jit.zip
    751.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

maly01801

Oct 27, 2009
Boston
stuck in boot loop

Not working for me. I'm running Jager Senseless 1.7.3. It loads the droid eye boot animation and then restarts the animation. Every 4th or 5th time it will get through to the lock screen but before I can interact with it it will loop back to the animation again.

scuccia

May 23, 2008
Not working for me. I'm running Jager Senseless 1.7.3. It loads the droid eye boot animation and then restarts the animation. Every 4th or 5th time it will get through to the lock screen but before I can interact with it it will loop back to the animation again.

What lockscreen does that have? You should be able to load the disable to get it booting again.

chapsizzle71

May 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
ROM: Jager 1.7 + Hydra UVOC (1.15Ghz)

Linpack: 11.003 MFLOPS (26% Battery) // 11.300 (Charging)

Quadrant: 641 (26% Battery) // 704 (Charging)

Runs great. Haven't had any issues as of yet.

Good job to all.

Last edited:

maly01801

Oct 27, 2009
Boston
looks like the stock lock screen to me. I went back and wiped data, wiped cache, wiped delvik etc... then reinstalled jager 1.7.3 senseless and then before rebooting I loaded the .zip to enable JIT.

This time I got all the way through to the welcome screens and even got through the sign-in process to google. I hit finish setup... saw the desktop for half a second and then the boot animation started all over again.

I'm curious... jager 1.7.3 installs the OCUV kernel along with it right? would flashing a different kernel solve this do you think?

scuccia

May 23, 2008
looks like the stock lock screen to me. I went back and wiped data, wiped cache, wiped delvik etc... then reinstalled jager 1.7.3 senseless and then before rebooting I loaded the .zip to enable JIT.

This time I got all the way through to the welcome screens and even got through the sign-in process to google. I hit finish setup... saw the desktop for half a second and then the boot animation started all over again.

I'm curious... jager 1.7.3 installs the OCUV kernel along with it right? would flashing a different kernel solve this do you think?

I'm not sure, worth a shot I guess. The poster above yours was using Jager with an OC kernel...

emplox

Jun 7, 2010
using pmf v1.1 w/ hydras 1.13 undervolted w/ N kernel

lindpack = 11.025 (around 7 before)
quadrant = 707 (around 540 before)

Last edited:

jbyky

Jun 25, 2010

i also got a boot loop using jager 1.7.3 with hydra OCUV 1.15. hmmm..weird..giving it a few more shots when i get back

emplox

Jun 7, 2010
i got tons of random reboots and unstability with hydras 1.15 OCUV kernal (before JIT). I had to step down to 1.13 which has been perfect for me.

scuccia

May 23, 2008
i got tons of random reboots and unstability with hydras 1.15 OCUV kernal (before JIT). I had to step down to 1.13 which has been perfect for me.

I believe a good way to tell if JIT is the problem is the type of reboot. If it reboots to the boot animation JIT is the problem, if it does a full reboot it most likely something else.

emplox

Jun 7, 2010
I believe a good way to tell if JIT is the problem is the type of reboot. If it reboots to the boot animation JIT is the problem, if it does a full reboot it most likely something else.

I actually had the issue before even trying JIT. Just in general i couldn't keep the 1.15 kernel stable.

Reactions: Misoginul

rynosaur

Nov 29, 2008
Dekalb
Tested and NOT working on:
Stock (Random reboots)
CM5 Test 3 (Everything FCs on boot)
Most likely any other ROM with Sense

Running JIT with SENSE Red&Blue (Red) v3, Hydra v7 oc/uv/_n 245 >1152 mhz

Linpack score before: 6-8
Linpack score now: 8.1-10.5

UI is VERY snappy, no reboots of any kind YET (although I was getting reboots without JIT!)

BOOYA!

maly01801

Oct 27, 2009
Boston
Ok so I've tried every hydra kernel from the web page and I still have the same problem. I'm going to revert back to stock and try it one more time.

ncwildcat

Feb 2, 2009
Working great now on jager 1.73.. Didn't even remove htc lockscrean. Getting linpack of 10.5-11.7

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
works on Red sense rom somehow great?

edit: maybe not just rebooted.. will see if it gets better

edit 2: working fine after reboot i think it was caused by something else

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I actually had the issue before even trying JIT. Just in general i couldn't keep the 1.15 kernel stable.