OmarBizreh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
Depreciated project, use Syncer instead

ic_launcher-web_zps113667eb.png

DroidSyncManager_zps4878f78c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Articles:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Droid Sync Manager Key Features:
  1. Browse Computer files and folders and download them to your device with a simple click.
  2. Browser and Send phone files and folders to your computer. [Coming soon]
  3. Music & Video Streaming from computer to your Android smartphone
  4. Browse Windows network shared files and folders.
  5. Material UI look and feel.
  6. (S)FTP access [coming soon]
  7. More to come :good:
  8. Available in 13 Languages
    • Arabic
    • English
    • Spanish
    • Serbian
    • Croatian
    • German
    • Dutch
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • French
    • Italian
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Chinese (Traditional)
Requirements:
  • Microsoft Framework 4.0
  • Android 4.0+
  • Java 1.6 (or higher) installed on computer to enable video and music streaming
Information you must know about:
  • This app requires a windows service to be installed on your computer, alone this app does nothing!
  • After you install the service, use Service_Manager to start it or use Windows Service Manager (found in control panel -> Administration tools -> Services)
  • Service name as found in Windows Service Manager is: Droid Sync Manager.
  • Make sure you allow the windows service through your firewall by either:
    • Using "Programs and Features" found in Droid Sync Manager installation folder
    • How to do it?
FAQ
Q: Android app is asking for a password?
A: You need to start the windows client, if there is no password set, it will ask you to enter one. else you will need to click on Security Control tab on top
then click on Set Admin Password button. The password you use here, is the one you will have to use on the Android app.

Q: I cannot set Administrator password, or start the service using Desktop client?
A: Close windows client, and run it again as Administrator (right click on windows client icon, click on Run as Administrator)

Download Links:
Pro Version Features
Quick Install Guide:
Always Remember:
  • Don't mirror my files, I like to keep track of download count.
  • If you find a bug, either send email to: tickets@droidsyncmanager.uservoice.com
  • If you have a feature request let me know here, I will see what I can do about it :)
Screenshots:
Untitled-2_zps26ce8aef.png

Image1_zpsa310dde4.png

Image2_zpsbaed62f2.png

XDA:DevDB Information
Droid Sync Manager, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
OmarBizreh

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-15
Current Beta Version: 0.4.0
Beta Release Date: 2014-03-26

Created 2014-03-11
Last Updated 2016-08-14

Last edited:

OmarBizreh

Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
Reserved

Change log:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13/09/2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Material UI look
  • Music and Video streaming.
  • Access windows network shared files.
  • lots of bug fixes and other major UI changes.
23/05/2014
  • UI Changes
  • Implemented Favorites
  • Bug fixes and performance boosting.
  • New Icon
26/03/2014
  • Added tabs for browsing Android and Computer files.
  • Added ability for background sending & receiving, users can now send and receive multiple files at once.
  • Fixed non-English letters issue.
  • Improved Security:
    • Devices are now asked for administrator (or Regular User) password to be able to connect.
    • Ability to block and unblock devices.
    • Ability to lock app to prevent non authorized access.
    • View all devices that connected to computer in the past.
14/03/2014
  • Transfer files and folders from your android device to your computer
  • Remember computer IP Address to prevent network scanning on each startup
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements.

Last edited:

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Gonna give this a shot. Do the two devices have to be on the same wifi network? If so, is it possible to write the code so the two devices are not on the same wifi network (ie - ability to access computer when not at home sort of thing)?

EDIT:

Ran into an error on the Windows installation. Downloaded .rar, extracted to desktop, ran Install.bat, then attempted to run DroidSyncManager.exe...

Error received:
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: OmarBizreh

Adarzh

Aug 4, 2013
Gonna give this a shot. Do the two devices have to be on the same wifi network? If so, is it possible to write the code so the two devices are not on the same wifi network (ie - ability to access computer when not at home sort of thing)?

EDIT:

Ran into an error on the Windows installation. Downloaded .rar, extracted to desktop, ran Install.bat, then attempted to run DroidSyncManager.exe...

Error received:
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Same problem here also. I've attached the logs if it helps...

sulpher

Aug 2, 2008

EDIT:

Error received:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Got the same exact thing :(

andrbrks

Jan 13, 2014
I'm having trouble installing the actual server. What's the name of the service that needs to be running? It might have installed and I just need to set it to run.

OmarBizreh

Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
@Adarzh thanks for the install log, that gave me a clue on what is the issue, the one attached now should work :highfive:

Thanks everyone for reporting :)

The attached one also includes a fix for issue where the service used to crash because of failure to write in its log file.

Edit:
If anyone is interested in reading the log file manually for the service, it will be created at: C:\ProgramData\Droid Manager\
Although the log file wont be created until you first connect to the service using the android app, otherwise no log will be written.

Last edited:
Reactions: sulpher

OmarBizreh

Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com

EDIT:

Error received:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

A windows service isn't like an application, you put it on your computer (and must keep it in the same directory) and just run the install bat, it will always run in the background and will start automatically on System Startup.

Although please note use Service manager after you install the service so that you start the service, it doesn't automatically start after installation.

COLOR]Android version needed ??

Yup the android version is the one that will let you access your files, without it there is no other way to access them :good:

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Thanks for the update. Still getting the same error message when trying to run DroidSyncManager.exe file, and when I run Service_Manager.exe I try to start service and nothing happens.

Also tried to load a log file but the message I got was:
Failed to read log file: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Droid manager\ServiceLog.txt'.

OmarBizreh

Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
Thanks for the update. Still getting the same error message when trying to run DroidSyncManager.exe file, and when I run Service_Manager.exe I try to start service and nothing happens.

Also tried to load a log file but the message I got was:
Failed to read log file: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Droid manager\ServiceLog.txt'.

When you run the service from Service_Manager does it show you that Service Status is "Running"

If not can I please open a teamviewer session with you, I need to take a look at "Event Log" and "Services" in control panel administration tools :)

Hiraethic

Aug 9, 2013
dafaq -.-
I was asking which android version is needed to run that apk,cuuz it is showing parsing error when I m trying to install it

Last edited:

Adarzh

Aug 4, 2013
Did you try running "Install.bat" as administrator?

Also I didn't mention that the service requires Framework 4.0 installed, my mistake :angel:

Is it require exact 4.0. I just installed 4.5.1, i believe its the latest. I'm still getting the same error.. I ran the script as administrator too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depreciated project, use Syncer instead

ic_launcher-web_zps113667eb.png

DroidSyncManager_zps4878f78c.jpg

Articles:

Droid Sync Manager Key Features:
    1. Browse Computer files and folders and download them to your device with a simple click.
    2. Browser and Send phone files and folders to your computer. [Coming soon]
    3. Music & Video Streaming from computer to your Android smartphone
    4. Browse Windows network shared files and folders.
    5. Material UI look and feel.
    6. (S)FTP access [coming soon]
    7. More to come :good:
    8. Available in 13 Languages
      • Arabic
      • English
      • Spanish
      • Serbian
      • Croatian
      • German
      • Dutch
      • Polish
      • Russian
      • French
      • Italian
      • Chinese (Simplified)
      • Chinese (Traditional)
    Requirements:
    • Microsoft Framework 4.0
    • Android 4.0+
    • Java 1.6 (or higher) installed on computer to enable video and music streaming
    Information you must know about:
    • This app requires a windows service to be installed on your computer, alone this app does nothing!
    • After you install the service, use Service_Manager to start it or use Windows Service Manager (found in control panel -> Administration tools -> Services)
    • Service name as found in Windows Service Manager is: Droid Sync Manager.
    • Make sure you allow the windows service through your firewall by either:
      • Using "Programs and Features" found in Droid Sync Manager installation folder
      • How to do it?
    FAQ
    Q: Android app is asking for a password?
    A: You need to start the windows client, if there is no password set, it will ask you to enter one. else you will need to click on Security Control tab on top
    then click on Set Admin Password button. The password you use here, is the one you will have to use on the Android app.

Q: I cannot set Administrator password, or start the service using Desktop client?
    A: Close windows client, and run it again as Administrator (right click on windows client icon, click on Run as Administrator)

Download Links:
    Pro Version Features
    Quick Install Guide:
    Always Remember:
    • Don't mirror my files, I like to keep track of download count.
    • If you find a bug, either send email to: tickets@droidsyncmanager.uservoice.com
    • If you have a feature request let me know here, I will see what I can do about it :)
    Screenshots:
    Untitled-2_zps26ce8aef.png

Image1_zpsa310dde4.png

Image2_zpsbaed62f2.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Droid Sync Manager, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    OmarBizreh

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-15
    Current Beta Version: 0.4.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-26

Created 2014-03-11
    Last Updated 2016-08-14
    Reserved

Change log:

13/09/2014
    • Material UI look
    • Music and Video streaming.
    • Access windows network shared files.
    • lots of bug fixes and other major UI changes.
    23/05/2014
    • UI Changes
    • Implemented Favorites
    • Bug fixes and performance boosting.
    • New Icon
    26/03/2014
    • Added tabs for browsing Android and Computer files.
    • Added ability for background sending & receiving, users can now send and receive multiple files at once.
    • Fixed non-English letters issue.
    • Improved Security:
      • Devices are now asked for administrator (or Regular User) password to be able to connect.
      • Ability to block and unblock devices.
      • Ability to lock app to prevent non authorized access.
      • View all devices that connected to computer in the past.
    14/03/2014
    • Transfer files and folders from your android device to your computer
    • Remember computer IP Address to prevent network scanning on each startup
    • Bug fixes and performance improvements.
    @ItalianWolf
    I have updated the app, please check if you still have issues :)

Update should be available in few hours on Google Play.
    IF you are facing app crash and service is stopping, I have detected the issue and I'm working on fixing it.

Thanks for everyone who reported about any issue happened :)
    This looks perfect, thanks for that :)