Youtube app screen dimming???

Search This thread

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
Im having an annoying issue with my Vivid where when im trying to play a video in the youtube app, and in landscape mode (full screen) my screen ALWAYS dims and its annoying since the video sometimes cant be seen clearly because of it. I flip it back to portrait and it goes full brightness.again. Anyone else have this issue? Or is there some fix?

Btw, i dont have auto brightness on, full brightness on my end. I also tried to uninstall updates and no luck. Im on stock 4.0.3 unrooted

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

L

lmftmf

Im having an annoying issue with my Vivid where when im trying to play a video in the youtube app, and in landscape mode (full screen) my screen ALWAYS dims and its annoying since the video sometimes cant be seen clearly because of it. I flip it back to portrait and it goes full brightness.again. Anyone else have this issue? Or is there some fix?

Btw, i dont have auto brightness on, full brightness on my end. I also tried to uninstall updates and no luck. Im on stock 4.0.3 unrooted

I haven't experienced this problem. Have you cleared the app cache and data? Im on deodexed stock ics rooted.

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
I haven't experienced this problem. Have you cleared the app cache and data? Im on deodexed stock ics rooted.

Just did. No luck. I updated OTA from stock GB. Did not want to go this far, but im gonna try a factory reset to see if starting clean helps since i kept my GB data when I updated

L

lmftmf

Just did. No luck. I updated OTA from stock GB. Did not want to go this far, but im gonna try a factory reset to see if starting clean helps since i kept my GB data when I updated

Sometimes thats the only option i would run the RUU to be completely certain something didnt get borked during the OTA upgrade.

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
Just finished setting everything up again. Factory reset seems to have done the trick. Ill update if it happens again

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
It friggin did it again!!!! Im outta ideas....

Edit: I think I figured it out... Sensor still working even if auto brightness is off, I have a pen with an integrated flashlight, and after pointing the light to the sensor in the phone while playing the video, sure enough brightness went back up. Same issue (or feature) that the capacitive buttons have, annoying nevertheless

Last edited:
L

lmftmf

It friggin did it again!!!! Im outta ideas....

Edit: I think I figured it out... Sensor still working even if auto brightness is off, I have a pen with an integrated flashlight, and after pointing the light to the sensor in the phone while playing the video, sure enough brightness went back up. Same issue (or feature) that the capacitive buttons have, annoying nevertheless

Could be an issue with your ambient light sensor?

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
Could be an issue with your ambient light sensor?

Maybe... Because I noticed that the same time the issue is ocurring, when I switch with auto brightness from full brightness, the screen stays the same till after i shut off the screen and wake it back up which is where the sensor kicks in

tattycakes

Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue as you. It happens regardless of how high the screen brightness is, and whether autobrightness is on or off.

It's nice and bright on vertical view, then as soon as you rotate it to fullscreen, the screen dims and it's almost impossible to see the video.

I'm running stock 4.0.3 on a Sensation XE, and I've done multiple full factory resets on my device, no joy.

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have this problem too! I'm running stock ICS

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA