Search This thread

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
Just re lock the bootloader

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DrPlumEU

Nov 13, 2010
London
Looking for HOX OTA update now. Unfortunately folks T-mobile UK update is build 1.28

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The update name apparently is
OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_TMO_UK_1.28.110.7-1.26.110.5_RELEASE_2565271CANYMTS5IPSX0DV.ZIP

however, I can't find it anywhere.
Someone needs to upload it for us if possible...

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
The update I got here is from 1.26.401.2 and it won't flash. I can't upload it here as crap internet won't let me. How ever the baseband is .13 so may be worth downloading the eu 1.26.401.2 ruu strip out system image and fastboot it on unlocked bootloader than re lock and try update again as that is all that is different between my and demo device.

Paulst30

Nov 7, 2011
Glasgow
Just updated to 1.28 on tmobile UK and the YouTube app has stopped working and forces a restart.

Custom Rom here I come.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I'm giving up for now..
going back to ARHD 5.1
Can't get it to flash, not with locked bootloader and stock recovery or with CWM recovery..
If anyone has any luck with this, please let me know..

Guess we'll have to wait till either RUU from t-mobile (110.5) or s-off...

TheDgem

Apr 5, 2012
i got 1.28.110.7 on a stock T mobile device

BY THE WAY - if while you are updating it it gets stuck on the black screen with the three green arrows (for more than 5 mins), its because the charger is plugged in, remove the charger, hold the power button for a bit, it will restart and continue the update.
(or basically make sure you have well over 35% battery when you start)

Urgh

should have read this before attempting to update

Left it plugged in whilst updating and left the phone whilst i cooked dinner

My battery died before the update had finished and now the majority of my applications force close. I have to run the update again but I have no idea where to begin

Can someone point me in the right direction please

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Just updated to 1.28 on tmobile UK and the YouTube app has stopped working and forces a restart.

Custom Rom here I come.

hmmm maybe its not my update after all

my music and movies apps are not working either

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The update I got here is from 1.26.401.2 and it won't flash. I can't upload it here as crap internet won't let me. How ever the baseband is .13 so may be worth downloading the eu 1.26.401.2 ruu strip out system image and fastboot it on unlocked bootloader than re lock and try update again as that is all that is different between my and demo device.

Sounds interesting..
Let me know how you get on and I'll try the same if you succeed.
For now I have tried all I can (with my knowledge, which isn't great I confess) with the official update.
I think it won't work with our devices because it is based on the 110.5 ruu, not the 110.2 which we are running.
I reflashed ARHD for the time being as I need a working phone tomorrow and the t-mob is just plain...well, we all know what I was going to say there :)

Last edited:

dj_destruction

Jul 7, 2010

#
1.26.401.2 is the stock unbranded htc software so wont work on a t-mobile device unless you have s-off, which isnt possible yet. Out of interest do you work in a 3rd party phone shop? if so it is likely that all the devices in store are unbranded and unlocked. Or if you work for T-Mobile i am guessing the demo phone is an unbranded device, but all the ones in stock will be T-mobile branded and locked.

p.s stripping down the ruu and trying to fastboot it wont work you will most likely brick your device, i would not recommend!!!

Last edited:

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
#
1.26.401.2 is the stock unbranded htc software so wont work on a t-mobile device unless you have s-off, which isnt possible yet. Out of interest do you work in a 3rd party phone shop? if so it is likely that all the devices in store are unbranded and unlocked. Or if you work for T-Mobile i am guessing the demo phone is an unbranded device, but all the ones in stock will be T-mobile branded and locked.

p.s stripping down the ruu and trying to fastboot it wont work you will most likely brick your device, i would not recommend!!!

I found this on another thread:

"PREPARE OTA TO INSTALL
As my One X is rooted any OTA updates failed on "check_cid" so if this is the case with you guys, download the OTA to your phone, connect to your PC, open the OTA file then navigate to META-INF\com\google\android\ THEN open updater-script in notepad and remove the following script

assert(check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" , "22222222" , "33333333" , "44444444" , "55555555" , "66666666" , "77777777" , "88888888" , "99999999" , "HTC_……);

Save it, then reboot to RECOVERY mode (hold power + volume down then select FASTBOOT then RECOVERY Select the update from SD Card and there you go, worked perfectly on my Orange Rooted One X."

Maybe if we strip this out of the original uploaded OTA it will work on our 110.2.
We might have strip some more out of that file.
I haven't got the tmob rom on my device anymore, but if anyone could give it a go and tell us what we need to strip out of the file to make the update work via Clockwork recovery (flash zip from sd card)?

It seems viable....

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
#

Our demo unit is a customized unit for demo purposes so I got the update form a stock unit. No I work for T-Mobile. I stripped down the update and there are a few ways it checks compatibility. There's a file that checks the releases keys and a file as far as I can see that checks the build info in the build prop.

flashing the 1.26.110.2 ruu and rooting to edit the values that the update checks may work but I can't be bothered to do it right now. Plus I want to keep my .43 hboot for now. I could just remove it from update but I'm sure the update will fail if something is missing it expects to update.

Edit: oh and correct me if I'm wrong but if you can get into hboot you can't brick. So as long a you don't mess with that all is fine.

Last edited:

kebsood

Jul 29, 2007
T-mobile UK 1.28*

I got my T-mobile uk 1.28 update yesterday. was running rooted stock 1.26 with latest cwm recovery. just flashed stock recovery, updated the phone from in the settings/about menu and then reflashed the latest cwm recovery and the latest permroot zip. took about 10 minutes in total, although the actual update file was deleted on completion, sorry guys. but everything works fine, tested all the apps that people are saying they have issue with and im getting no problems. slight changes to text input i have noticed but thats it so far.

edit: noticed slight change in boot animation aswell

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Our demo unit is a customized unit for demo purposes so I got the update form a stock unit. No I work for T-Mobile. I stripped down the update and there are a few ways it checks compatibility. There's a file that checks the releases keys and a file as far as I can see that checks the build info in the build prop.

flashing the 1.26.110.2 ruu and rooting to edit the values that the update checks may work but I can't be bothered to do it right now. Plus I want to keep my .43 hboot for now. I could just remove it from update but I'm sure the update will fail if something is missing it expects to update.

Edit: oh and correct me if I'm wrong but if you can get into hboot you can't brick. So as long a you don't mess with that all is fine.

The problem is I wouldn't know how to change those values on the 110.2 so I'm stuffed basically.
Ah well, fingers crossed they'll s-off soon.
My knowledge of android is just too limited.

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
Anyone got any closer to solving this puzzle?
I really just want the OTA for the new radio...

I'm trying to get the ruu from work. Back in the day HTC used to but them up for download as t-mobile used to point to them under software updates on their site but there not there anymore so I have fed back that we need access to these in store for reducing repairs that our sent so let's hope they give them out again.

Reactions: r0cafella

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
you are a trooper..
Good to have a guy "on the inside" :)
As long as we can get the 110.5 RUU, we're sorted..
After that we can update all we like via OTA.
Hope you'll manage to get it...

r0cafella

Apr 15, 2011
I'm trying to get the ruu from work. Back in the day HTC used to but them up for download as t-mobile used to point to them under software updates on their site but there not there anymore so I have fed back that we need access to these in store for reducing repairs that our sent so let's hope they give them out again.

Keep us posted mate

JamDonot

Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, I've found 1.28 has screen flicker and a constantly drops data Signal casing me to have to reboot to get it to work. Not happy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O2 just rumoured to be releasing update in about a week. so that will just leave orange and t-mobile customers with bug ridden handsets....

Think there is a lesson here...I hope you still have some customers when you get round to releasing 4G (capped speeds anybody)...

Looks like rooting the way to go...

Hope this rumour is true, I would of thought that they will just update straight to 1.29

Just search the threads, it can be done yes

Firmware update T Mobile HOX

What a surprise. I just received an update. Still downloading though.28.98mb
    If you go to the brightness setting and change it to the highest, does it flicker? while on that menu? You can see it flicker if you look closely on the black lines.

No I could not see the screen flickering at all, but mine never has. Will keep you posted if it starts to.
    Anyone got any closer to solving this puzzle?
    I really just want the OTA for the new radio...