[Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key ROOT

Search This thread
Jul 22, 2007
[Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key ROOT

First of all thank the machine the front of oopsware Great God, produced below a key forum ZeRospot

1. Preferred adb tool on the computer, and have installed adb driver. Is the driver of the machine, the peas like software is installed on the line.
2.Phone off, press the "volume down" and "power" key to boot, do not release the volume down key until the screen appears with a red triangle robot.
3 Insert the USB connected to the computer, use the "volume" down select "Apply update from ADB, press the power button to determine two lines of yellow text prompts.
4 Double-click ROOT.BAT.
5.Installation is complete, the phone to return to the menu cursor restart items, press the power button to restart the phone.
6. Superuser icon appears on the phone, running "information page, click here to check for updates, connect to the network, mandatory update

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.uploadtak.com/images/j794_root.rar

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2007
just a few minutes ago I flashed back to v10 to get root on v20.... :eek:
aaaah damn :D

yes see this

z285_majid.jpg

skydev

Apr 26, 2010
Kyiv
Interesting... why did i not think about this earlier...
Code:
ui_print("- LG P880 ROOT TOOL");
ui_print("- Mounting system...");
run_program("/system/bin/toolbox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/system/bin/toolbox", "mount", "-o", "rw,remount", "/system", "/system");
ui_print("- Deleting old files...");
delete("/system/bin/su","/system/xbin/su","/system/app/Superuser.apk");
ui_print("- Copying files...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
ui_print("- Fixing permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Superuser.apk");
ui_print("- Symlinking...");
symlink("/system/bin/su", "/system/xbin/su");
ui_print("- Unmounting system...");
run_program("/system/bin/toolbox", "umount", "/system");
ui_print("- Installation complete!");

Personally i did not thought that this will work, because write remount in simple SuperUser update package did not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: peedoff1

jhayton

Jan 20, 2012
Interesting... why did i not think about this earlier...
Code:
ui_print("- LG P880 ROOT TOOL");
ui_print("- Mounting system...");
run_program("/system/bin/toolbox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/system/bin/toolbox", "mount", "-o", "rw,remount", "/system", "/system");
ui_print("- Deleting old files...");
delete("/system/bin/su","/system/xbin/su","/system/app/Superuser.apk");
ui_print("- Copying files...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
ui_print("- Fixing permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Superuser.apk");
ui_print("- Symlinking...");
symlink("/system/bin/su", "/system/xbin/su");
ui_print("- Unmounting system...");
run_program("/system/bin/toolbox", "umount", "/system");
ui_print("- Installation complete!");

Personally i did not thought that this will work, because write remount in simple SuperUser update package did not work.

You were still first brother, this is great too but so is your work!

I also made the downgrade to 10x just a bit ago and now see this. such is life. thanks to all and happy rooting. now lets get the ROMS!

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
Re: [Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key

Was gonna downgrade tonight, now no need, thanks! :D

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy
Re: [Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key

Now we can update the index.
Great tutorial, thx.
For adb i have to download the last adb sdk on android website ?

Envoyé depuis mon LG-P880 avec Tapatalk

Last edited:

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
First of all thank the machine the front of oopsware Great God, produced below a key forum ZeRospot

1. Preferred adb tool on the computer, and have installed adb driver. Is the driver of the machine, the peas like software is installed on the line.
2.Phone off, press the "volume down" and "power" key to boot, do not release the volume down key until the screen appears with a red triangle robot.
3 Insert the USB connected to the computer, use the "volume" down select "Apply update from ADB, press the power button to determine two lines of yellow text prompts.
4 Double-click ROOT.BAT.
5.Installation is complete, the phone to return to the menu cursor restart items, press the power button to restart the phone.
6. Superuser icon appears on the phone, running "information page, click here to check for updates, connect to the network, mandatory update

Thanks a lot, great job :good:

I just want to share that I just downloaded, extract and follow the tutorial without install any adb driver.

After that I install SuperSU (I like it more...) and Busybox.

Superuser is gonne :D ROOT remains :laugh:

:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4 Double-click ROOT.BAT.

With all due respect - the link you provided pushes a piece of adware... Do you have a clean location, or can you attach a zip to the thread? (and the original link from page 1 resolves to a page in Arabic, so I have no idea)

Thank you

Ok, wait... Do you REALLY think, that one could be sooo stupid, to make something endlessly great, something, nobody has done before, and then, instead of releasing it for download, give a virus or something for download!? I checked the link twice, but it's no adware...
    The 'link from page 1 resolves to a page in Arabic', because the page he uploaded it is arabic, but the file isn't up anymore...
    But if u still think, that the folder is adware, u can have this folder I provide and u can download it and check it a hundred times for adware if you want to...(although u won't find any aware or anything...)
    Here you are!:thumbup::thumbup:
    http://db.tt/lsfbhmmo

This is my Tapatalk signature... btw, i sent this message as usual with my awsome LG Optimus 4X HD using XDA app ;)
    Aand check out my new thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176392
    too late

just a few minutes ago I flashed back to v10 to get root on v20.... :eek:
    Easiest method ever...
    Enter recovery by holding VOL Down while turning on the phone.
    Select in recovery menu - Apply update from ADB.
    Double click ROOT.bat from archive.
    Done.
    Thanks a lot! .)