Chromecast suddenly stopped playing Showbox links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

birkholze

Jan 14, 2009
Clyde
www.centsports.com
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if there's a known reason for it or solution to fix it.

A couple of days ago, my Chromecast quit playing links from Showbox and I can't figure out why. I used to get a show or movie here or there that Avia would say isn't compatible but now it's suddenly showing the error for literally everything I click, even episodes I successfully played a couple of days ago. It's not a shoebox issue because Avia will play the video until I hit the cast button.

Thinking it was my phone or Avia, I tried my wife's phone and Allcast with no success. I also thought maybe a Chromecast OTA broke compatibility, but I'm still on 15250. I even tried a factory rest on the Chromecast and wiping data on the apps involved.

I'm just out of ideas at this point. Anyone know what could be going on?

My wife and I both have Nexus 5's. She's stock and I'm on Paranoid Android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if there's a known reason for it or solution to fix it.

A couple of days ago, my Chromecast quit playing links from Showbox and I can't figure out why. I used to get a show or movie here or there that Avia would say isn't compatible but now it's suddenly showing the error for literally everything I click, even episodes I successfully played a couple of days ago. It's not a shoebox issue because Avia will play the video until I hit the cast button.

Thinking it was my phone or Avia, I tried my wife's phone and Allcast with no success. I also thought maybe a Chromecast OTA broke compatibility, but I'm still on 15250. I even tried a factory rest on the Chromecast and wiping data on the apps involved.

That app isn't talked about here and a Mod will lock or delete this thread.

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Sorry but showbox isn't allowed on xda because it violates copyrights and posting about it may get you and xda in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That app isn't talked about here and a Mod will lock or delete this thread.