Search This thread

tanimn

Oct 17, 2010
ACS Presents:​
One Click Odexer and Restoration Tool​
version 1.0 - by tanimn

*** PLEASE NANDROID BACKUP ***

DETAILS:
OneClickOdexer is an odexing and restoration tool for deodexed roms. It will determine if it has been previously run and automatically odex your rom or restore it to a deodexed state. If a critical error occurs, it will return your phone to it's previous state. Care has been taken to only odex apps that come stock with an odex file.

With one click, it odexes.
With one click, it restores.

Complete details are available in the included README.TXT, including instructions for manual operation and running from the handset instead of through adb.

By changing from a deodexed to an odexed system you are modifying the method in which your dalvik virtual machine works. PLEASE backup your phone before using! I will accept no responsibility for your failure to follow this basic safety tenet.

PROS:
Increases speed by about 15%
Reduces memory usage
More space available on /data
Reduced use of dalvik-cache

CONS:
You might need to re-add some widgets and home screen icons after applying
You will need to restore your deodexed system to make any theme swaps (But that's just one click away...)

Exclusively for Samsung Epic 4g. Tested on DK28 and DI18 roms. Contact tanimn for porting instructions.

Thanks to raiderep for the idea, Paul O'Brien for the commands, and ACS for the help and support.

Downloads: (Please report mirrors)

MultiUpload

Attachments

• OneClickOdexer_v1.0.zip
    827.6 KB · Views: 1,234
Last edited:

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
hi, i am rooted with cwm 3.0.0.5(ext4).... is this program not compatible with that? it is saying it did not find root.... but i am definitely rooted and running cwm 3. thx

Last edited:

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie
As always amazing work. Thank you the hard work long hours and dedication to your project and getting this out to the users benefit. I know everyone will enjoy the performance boost and ease of file conversion on the fly....:) look out for some more great releases from ACS!

Reactions: Jez2cool

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
hi, i am rooted with cwm 3.0.0.5(ext4).... is this program not compatible with that? it is saying it did not find root.... but i am definitely rooted and running cwm 3. thx

When using the one click you neef to have your screen set to always on. Adb ask for su permission. You'll get a su pop up on your phone and you have to hot allow

Sent From Da Hood.

Reactions: yogi2010

tanimn

Oct 17, 2010
thx. got it to run but the phone seems to be not rebooting.... stuck at Samsung screen, then goes off and hangs at Samsung screen, etc etc.

If the script gets interrupted while it is going through the framework, this can happen. THIS is why you have that nandroid backup in cwm, right...?

If the script doesn't cause the phone to reboot on it's own, rerun the script before rebooting by hand, and restore a backup if your handset has stopped responding.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
If the script gets interrupted while it is going through the framework, this can happen. THIS is why you have that nandroid backup in cwm, right...?

If the script doesn't cause the phone to reboot on it's own, rerun the script before rebooting by hand, and restore a backup if your handset has stopped responding.

yep, i have the backup. the script did finish and start the reboot itself... the reboot just keeps getting stuck at Samsung screen, then turning off, and getting stuck again and turning off. no biggie, i can always restore, just lettin ya know what happening.

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Thanx for doing this for us. It will really come in handy for re-odexing after adding mods and/or theming to a deodexed system.

tanimn

Oct 17, 2010
yep, i have the backup. the script did finish and start the reboot itself... the reboot just keeps getting stuck at Samsung screen, then turning off, and getting stuck again and turning off. no biggie, i can always restore, just lettin ya know what happening.

Yeah, what he said... :)
Thanks. What rom is this happening with? I'd like to be able to reproduce it and find out what's going on...

Last edited:
Reactions: XtaC318

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks. What rom is this happening with? I'd like to be able to reproduce it and find out what's going on...

no prob... it's happening with Viper 4.0.3 ext4. i just odined back to stock tho, and flashed Syndicate 1.0.2, because i wanted to check that out for fun anyway, lol. the only thing is i'm having a problem with my touchscreen now.... the physical buttons work, but the touchscreen mostly doesn't work... just sometimes. touchscreen sometimes does work after a reboot, then goes out, etc/

Last edited:

tanimn

Oct 17, 2010
no prob... it's happening with Viper 4.0.3 ext4. i just odined back to stock tho, and flashed Syndicate 1.0.2, because i wanted to check that out for fun anyway, lol. the only thing is i'm having a problem with my touchscreen now.... the physical buttons work, but the touchscreen mostly doesn't work... just sometimes. touchscreen sometimes does work after a reboot, then goes out, etc/

Sounds like it's still settling, TBH. Could you pastebin a logcat?

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
Just installed on Nebula v1.0.6 with EXT4. Seems to be running normally, I'll play with it some more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ACS Presents:​
    One Click Odexer and Restoration Tool​
    version 1.0 - by tanimn

*** PLEASE NANDROID BACKUP ***

DETAILS:
    OneClickOdexer is an odexing and restoration tool for deodexed roms. It will determine if it has been previously run and automatically odex your rom or restore it to a deodexed state. If a critical error occurs, it will return your phone to it's previous state. Care has been taken to only odex apps that come stock with an odex file.

With one click, it odexes.
    With one click, it restores.

Complete details are available in the included README.TXT, including instructions for manual operation and running from the handset instead of through adb.

By changing from a deodexed to an odexed system you are modifying the method in which your dalvik virtual machine works. PLEASE backup your phone before using! I will accept no responsibility for your failure to follow this basic safety tenet.

PROS:
    Increases speed by about 15%
    Reduces memory usage
    More space available on /data
    Reduced use of dalvik-cache

CONS:
    You might need to re-add some widgets and home screen icons after applying
    You will need to restore your deodexed system to make any theme swaps (But that's just one click away...)

Exclusively for Samsung Epic 4g. Tested on DK28 and DI18 roms. Contact tanimn for porting instructions.

Thanks to raiderep for the idea, Paul O'Brien for the commands, and ACS for the help and support.

Downloads: (Please report mirrors)

MultiUpload
    Alot of work went into this and its well worth it.

Sent From Da Hood.
    There have been mixed results. If it worked for you, great!

yes, thanks. i did some more messing around(had too much time on my hands yesterday :eek:), and i was able to successfully odex Baked Snack 1.6 again.... phone froze but once i manually reboot, THEN the script dialogue box says 'wait for phone to reboot', etc etc. could not however, successfully odex Syndicate Shuriken.... hangs at Sammy screen on reboot.

anyway, thx for everything. threw Taninm a donation last nite :)
    Bump for update (IDK why I don't just ask on gtalk...) But tanimn seems really busy, buuuuut this is likely the last update the epic will ever get, so might as well support it...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
    thx. got it to run but the phone seems to be not rebooting.... stuck at Samsung screen, then goes off and hangs at Samsung screen, etc etc.