[Resolved] TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR in LG Flash Tool

Search This thread

RA017

Jul 28, 2010
I got this TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR when I try to flash back to Stock rom using LG FlashTool. Below is the error log

wParam : 13, lParam = 46
wParam : 13, lParam = 47
wParam : 100, lParam = 3146241
MODEL DLL Event : (100, 3146241)
Step : TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR
CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
_DetachDLL Call
_DetachDLL Call End
Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

After many research in Google and inspiration on XDA, I found some many general suggestion as well as my own root cause.

General suggestion:
Turn off Antivirus
Flash in Windows XP
Check the KDZ file size, for G2 stock rom it should be around 2GB. If you downloaded a 900MB KDZ file you know you're 1G short.
Reinstall LG USB Driver, LG Flash Tool etc
Change the LG device in Device manager to COM port 41 or COM port 4 before connecting to PC.

My own root cause:
Mine is Korean version F320L. I previously rooted and flashed to a custom ROM which is based in D802 using CWM. When I try to flash back to Stock rom using LG Flash Tool, I got the "TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR". In the bootloader screen on my phone it shows rooted. Since I tried all of the F320L/F320K/F320S stock rom and they all failed, I know it is not an corrupt file issue.

So I wonder if I need to unroot my phone in order to get past the error. I started by flashing to another rom which is based on the F320K rom using CWM. Since the F320L rom comes without root, I go back to the bootloader screen and check the status on the phone. Although it still shows rooted, this time the LG Flash Tool can get past the error message and finished flashing the F320K rom.

Conclusion:
The existing Rom installed on the phone can affect LG Flash Tool which seems to compare the version of the Rom you try to flash against the version of the Rom currently installed. I was lucky that I got CWM to flash back to the right type of rom to get the job done.

I do think that the LG Flash Tool really sucks as compared to Samsung Odin (I was a Samsung guy previously owning 3 Galaxy S series phone) which won't even ask what crack you're running on your phone. And from my limited experience flashing Sony Xperia phones it was just a smooth ride without error. LG really need to open up their policy on rooting if they ever want to catch up to their local rival Samsung.

Last edited:

@lbert

Jun 14, 2011
Haarlem
I got this TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR when I try to flash back to Stock rom using LG FlashTool. Below is the error log

_DetachDLL Call
_DetachDLL Call End
Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

After many research in Google and inspiration on XDA, I found some many general suggestion as well as my own root cause.

General suggestion:
Turn off Antivirus
Flash in Windows XP
Check the KDZ file size, for G2 stock rom it should be around 2GB. If you downloaded a 900MB KDZ file you know you're 1G short.
Change the LG device in Device manager to COM port 41 or COM port 4 before connecting to PC.

My own root cause:
Mine is Korean version F320L. I previously rooted and flashed to a custom ROM which is based in D802 using CWM. When I try to flash back to Stock rom using LG Flash Tool, I got the "TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR". In the bootloader screen on my phone it shows rooted. Since I tried all of the F320L/F320K/F320S stock rom and they all failed, I know it is not an corrupt file issue.

So I wonder if I need to unroot my phone in order to get past the error. I started by flashing to another rom which is based on the F320K rom using CWM. Since the F320L rom comes without root, I go back to the bootloader screen and check the status on the phone. Although it still shows rooted, this time the LG Flash Tool can get past the error message and finished flashing the F320K rom.

Conclusion:
The existing Rom installed on the phone can affect LG Flash Tool which seems to compare the version of the Rom you try to flash against the version of the Rom currently installed. I was lucky that I got CWM to flash back to the right type of rom to get the job done.

I do think that the LG Flash Tool really sucks as compared to Samsung Odin (I was a Samsung guy previously owning 3 Galaxy S series phone) which won't even ask what crack you're running on your phone. And from my limited experience flashing Sony Xperia phones it was just a smooth ride without error. LG really need to open up their policy on rooting if they ever want to catch up to their local rival Samsung.

I have the same issue you had. I have a 320L phone and I tried the Korean Custom Rom which was based on the Mexican D805 model. It flashed fine but was an old software image and I decided to go back to Korean Stock. It's no taking any Korean images, in fact I had to recover this through fastboot using the Mexican laf.img file just to get Download mode back working.

I'll try your method, thanks.

Traged

Nov 28, 2010
Prague
Hello i have D802A and same problem , can you help me? i was try everything, don´t found build.prop in phone.

patkitch

Jan 28, 2011
Ugh, It keeps crapping out for me on Win8.1 and Win7 x64 SP1. I'm installing XP on an old laptop now.

patkitch

Jan 28, 2011
Same error on a fresh install of XP. It also seems that I can't get into TWRP now either. Is my phone bricked?

Roars21

Mar 10, 2011
Cape Town
Thank you! I had this same error! Turned out the ROM I had flashed was causing the issues. flashed a rom that wouldn't boot and this allowed me to finish the firmware update. :) Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

_DetachDLL Call
    _DetachDLL Call End
    Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
    ¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

General suggestion:
    Turn off Antivirus
    Flash in Windows XP

My own root cause:

Conclusion: