Reboots during CWM backup

Search This thread

Zerg The Bear

Oct 19, 2010
I had a similar problem a little while ago. I never was watching the phone during the backup, so I don't know what was happening when it would reboot, but the phone did reboot during the backup process.

The way I fixed it was by mounting /data and /datadata, in addition to /system after CWM started. Once I did that, the backup happened successfully and didn't reboot the phone.

I do have to do this every time I enter CWM to perform a backup or restore.

Hopefully this helps.

lifenexus

Sep 8, 2010
Michigan
Bumping an old thread. I fixed this backup reboot error. I did a fix permissions in CWM and mounted /data /emmc /sdcard etc that was not mounted and it worked. I t happened to me twice and this is how i fixed it

JihadSquad

Oct 5, 2011
Madison, WI
xdaforums.com
Bumping an old thread. I fixed this backup reboot error. I did a fix permissions in CWM and mounted /data /emmc /sdcard etc that was not mounted and it worked. I t happened to me twice and this is how i fixed it

Actually the underlying problem was a bad download. All 3 charges that I flashed this to have this problem, and when I redownloaded it it fixed the problem.

Sent from my handheld Linux computer using electromagnetic radiation.

lifenexus

Sep 8, 2010
Michigan
Interesting note. Thanks. I got report that there is an issue with cyanogen mod 9 and Cwm on the i9100g and it's under consideration for a fix. So that's my story so far :)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2