[MOD][GT-S7562] StatusBar Notification Background Mod For Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Search This thread

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
StatusBar Notification Background Mod For Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna make statusbar notification background your own choice beautiful image/wallpapers? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Screenshots:

Screenshot_2013_07_17_18_41_01_Copy.png
Screenshot_2013_07_17_23_46_28.png
Screenshot_2013_07_18_01_44_56_Copy_2.png

Screenshot_2013_07_18_00_23_13.png
Screenshot_2013_07_18_00_52_15.png

How To:

Requirements:
1. 7zip
2. Some Patience and Mind :D

STEP 1:
Download this Background Mod and flash via CWM Recovery

STOCK ROM/THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

PMP ROM/CYAN THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

RED THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

BLUE THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

ORANGE THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

STEP 2:
Download this Wallpaper Changing Mod - HERE
Dont Flash It Now

STEP 3:
Choose any wallpaper you want as your notification background.

STEP 4:
Our device have display 480x800 px. So, wallpaper will be automatically resized to this to fit in. But some wallpapers not looks good by this resizing. So, first you have to check/see it.
For that open your wallpaper in paint and click on 'resize

image.jpg

STEP 5:
Now click on 'pixels', uncheck 'Maintain aspect ratio' and resize it to 480x800 as shown in image below and click ok.

image.jpg

STEP 6:
Now you can see your resized wallpaper. If you dont like it choose/try another wallpaper and if you like it or its fine for you then Go to- File>Save As- PNG as shown in image below

image.jpg

STEP 7:
Save it wherever you want by giving this name- 'statusbar_bg' (without colons) as shown in image below

image.jpg

STEP 8:
Now open BGChangingMOD.zip that you downloaded in Step 2

STEP 9:
Now open 'vrtheme' folder

image.jpg

STEP 10:
Go To- 'vrtheme/system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/' you can see a file 'statusbar_bg.png' as shown in image below

77_Copy_4.jpg

STEP 11:
Now replace it with your saved 'statusbar_bg.png' in Step 7 by dragging.

STEP 12:
Now close it, save it to your sd card, flash in cwm recovery, reboot and enjoy :)

For the first time you can see these steps as lengthy but second time, it will be your 'a minute work' :)
You can do this (changing wallpapers) by this method unlimited times using steps 3 to 9... :p

For transparency with background mod Go HERE

To revert back, check post 2

Dont Forget To PRESS THANKS Button :good:

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, PLEASE CONSIDER ANY DONATION FOR CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT

Last edited:

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Remove MOD (Revert Back)

To Revert Back...

Download this and flash in CWM Recovery

For Stock ROM/THEME - HERE

For PMP ROM/Cyan Theme - HERE

For Red Theme - HERE

For Blue Theme - HERE

For Orange Theme - HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

einst31n

Feb 5, 2013
gurgaon
Whats the difference between this and simply changing the statusbar_bg.png or stat_bar_bg.png in systemui.apk directly from either an app like ninjamorph or by simply using apk tool?

Hit thanks if I helped :)
sent from GT-S7562 with a better,faster and stronger stock ROM

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Whats the difference between this and simply changing the statusbar_bg.png or stat_bar_bg.png in systemui.apk directly from either an app like ninjamorph or by simply using apk tool?

dude there is no statusbar_bg.png or stat_bar_bg.png or anything like that in systemui,apk for background..lol
i decompiled systemui.apk and made a mode and capability for it by editing some smali and xml files

Last edited:

einst31n

Feb 5, 2013
gurgaon
dude there is no statusbar_bg.png or stat_bar_bg.png or anything like that in systemui,apk for background..lol
i decompiled systemui.apk and made a mode and capability for it by editing some smali and xml files

That was my bad coz thats in framework-res.apk , but instead of talking like that you couldve simply answered my question. I know a lot about theming and have made themes for myself and since ive been out ofall of this work so i forgot. Using the vrtheme template is making a mod is easy but you can change the bg by editing the tw_status_bar_expanded.xml in the layout folder. Its good that you are making such mods available to everyone. But anyways , i still didnt get the answer i was looking for.

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
That was my bad coz thats in framework-res.apk , but instead of talking like that you couldve simply answered my question. I know a lot about theming and have made themes for myself and since ive been out ofall of this work so i forgot. Using the vrtheme template is making a mod is easy but you can change the bg by editing the tw_status_bar_expanded.xml in the layout folder. Its good that you are making such mods available to everyone. But anyways , i still didnt get the answer i was looking for.

Well, sorry coz i was bad in explaining. I just replied in hurry and if you know all theming and all for our s duos then this question for "simply changing the statusbar_bg.png or stat_bar_bg.png in systemui.apk or framework-res.apk" whatever has no mean at all from you.

Well my friend, i was meant that there is no such file in any of apk file having such image file for background of notification panel.
And mate only systemui can have such files for status bar and its panels. Neither in framework-res.apk or not any other. :)

Explanation in short :D
What i did is:
As you have seen my this thread
Enabling/modding Transparency

Then in this part 'Now for making StatusBar Expanded/Notification Background transparent.'

I just changed the value "#xxxxxxxx" to "@drawable/statusbar_bg".
In files 'tw_status_bar_tracking.xml' and 'tw_status_bar_tracking_dual.xml

but not 'tw_status_bar_expanded.xml'

:D :p ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: einst31n

einst31n

Feb 5, 2013
gurgaon
So you changed it from id/#### to @drawable right ? Wow ill check those xmls out. Thanks ;)

einst31n

Feb 5, 2013
gurgaon
Ok so instead of using the color value u redirected it to the png ? Great, ill have a try with that transparency mod of yours as this mod is based on that i guess. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

And btw, can this background be transparent as well ?

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ok so instead of using the color value u redirected it to the png ? Great, ill have a try with that transparency mod of yours as this mod is based on that i guess. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

And btw, can this background be transparent as well ?

For transparency with background mod needs this:

Use any image editing software like Gimp (I always use this only :) )
Open that image in it and change the opacity as per your need, save it as 'statusbar_bg.png' only and then continue with step 9.

Here are some screenshots for gimp:

tgvxa.png

8p77h.png

1xr7x.png

Last edited:

einst31n

Feb 5, 2013
gurgaon
Yes i figured dat out , used an image with some transparency already in it. Thanks for the mod :)
Just a suggestion- this mod replaces the existing systemui.apk so it actually removes the theme which is already present. So it would be great if you can make a mod which actually just changes the current systemui.apk instead of replacing it. You can easily do this by using the vrtheme template u used in this thread. :thumbup:

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yes i figured dat out , used an image with some transparency already in it. Thanks for the mod :)
Just a suggestion- this mod replaces the existing systemui.apk so it actually removes the theme which is already present. So it would be great if you can make a mod which actually just changes the current systemui.apk instead of replacing it. You can easily do this by using the vrtheme template u used in this thread. :thumbup:

My friend, if you are using any one of my themes or stock theme, see all the first post again clearly. You will get all your answers for that. :)

But if you are talking about this:
If you or anyone did something himself/herself for theming without my themes by replacing pngs or by using any other app . Then there is no solution just now because values has to be changed in values folder only so it cant be done by vrtheme patcher and if vrtheme patcher will not do this then obviously previous theming will be lost.

So for them and for you too, its better to make backup of systemui before flashing this mod.

cheers
:)

Last edited:

einst31n

Feb 5, 2013
gurgaon
Yes i was using my own theme so i themed your apk given in the mod. So do you have to change a value in one of the files in the values folder? Cant you replace the whole file in the folder with a modified one ? Vr theme template can be used to replace a particular file just like u replaced the statusbar_bg.png in drawable-hdpi.

R

riseupmartian

@Mohitash

i want to edit my systemUI. i want to remove the sim icon right beside the signal bar. what should i do? can i edit it through 7zip?

immabudz

Aug 14, 2014
sir, why i can't revert it back? everytime I flash it with revert files, nothing happens ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    StatusBar Notification Background Mod For Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562)

Wanna make statusbar notification background your own choice beautiful image/wallpapers? :)

Sample Screenshots:

Screenshot_2013_07_17_18_41_01_Copy.png
    Screenshot_2013_07_17_23_46_28.png
    Screenshot_2013_07_18_01_44_56_Copy_2.png

Screenshot_2013_07_18_00_23_13.png
    Screenshot_2013_07_18_00_52_15.png

How To:

Requirements:
    1. 7zip
    2. Some Patience and Mind :D

STEP 1:
    Download this Background Mod and flash via CWM Recovery

STOCK ROM/THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

PMP ROM/CYAN THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

RED THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

BLUE THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

ORANGE THEME USERS DOWNLOAD THIS - HERE

STEP 2:
    Download this Wallpaper Changing Mod - HERE
    Dont Flash It Now

STEP 3:
    Choose any wallpaper you want as your notification background.

STEP 4:
    Our device have display 480x800 px. So, wallpaper will be automatically resized to this to fit in. But some wallpapers not looks good by this resizing. So, first you have to check/see it.
    For that open your wallpaper in paint and click on 'resize

image.jpg

STEP 5:
    Now click on 'pixels', uncheck 'Maintain aspect ratio' and resize it to 480x800 as shown in image below and click ok.

image.jpg

STEP 6:
    Now you can see your resized wallpaper. If you dont like it choose/try another wallpaper and if you like it or its fine for you then Go to- File>Save As- PNG as shown in image below

image.jpg

STEP 7:
    Save it wherever you want by giving this name- 'statusbar_bg' (without colons) as shown in image below

image.jpg

STEP 8:
    Now open BGChangingMOD.zip that you downloaded in Step 2

STEP 9:
    Now open 'vrtheme' folder

image.jpg

STEP 10:
    Go To- 'vrtheme/system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/' you can see a file 'statusbar_bg.png' as shown in image below

77_Copy_4.jpg

STEP 11:
    Now replace it with your saved 'statusbar_bg.png' in Step 7 by dragging.

STEP 12:
    Now close it, save it to your sd card, flash in cwm recovery, reboot and enjoy :)

For the first time you can see these steps as lengthy but second time, it will be your 'a minute work' :)
    You can do this (changing wallpapers) by this method unlimited times using steps 3 to 9... :p

For transparency with background mod Go HERE

To revert back, check post 2

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, PLEASE CONSIDER ANY DONATION FOR CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT
    Remove MOD (Revert Back)

To Revert Back...

Download this and flash in CWM Recovery

For Stock ROM/THEME - HERE

For PMP ROM/Cyan Theme - HERE

For Red Theme - HERE

For Blue Theme - HERE

For Orange Theme - HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Awesome !
    Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2

Well, sorry coz i was bad in explaining. I just replied in hurry and if you know all theming and all for our s duos then this question for "simply changing the statusbar_bg.png or stat_bar_bg.png in systemui.apk or framework-res.apk" whatever has no mean at all from you.

Well my friend, i was meant that there is no such file in any of apk file having such image file for background of notification panel.
    And mate only systemui can have such files for status bar and its panels. Neither in framework-res.apk or not any other. :)

Explanation in short :D
    What i did is:
    As you have seen my this thread
    Enabling/modding Transparency

Then in this part 'Now for making StatusBar Expanded/Notification Background transparent.'

I just changed the value "#xxxxxxxx" to "@drawable/statusbar_bg".
    In files 'tw_status_bar_tracking.xml' and 'tw_status_bar_tracking_dual.xml

but not 'tw_status_bar_expanded.xml'

:D :p ;)