[Q] HTC Desire sceen busted :(

Search This thread

SamzWorldOfMusic

Sep 16, 2012
Gosport
So 2 days ago i got a htc desire to play around with. today it falls screen first from my hand onto some stones, pick it up and the digitalizer is destroyed. Luckily the screen is perfectly fine. Do you think its worth replacing and how much would it cost. Screenshots are attached. Thanks...Sam

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_20140128_212541.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_20140128_212541.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Optimized-IMG_20140128_212627.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_20140128_212627.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 323

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
So 2 days ago i got a htc desire to play around with. today it falls screen first from my hand onto some stones, pick it up and the digitalizer is destroyed. Luckily the screen is perfectly fine. Do you think its worth replacing and how much would it cost. Screenshots are attached. Thanks...Sam

Why not? u can get a digitizer off ebay for not even a tener

SamzWorldOfMusic

Sep 16, 2012
Gosport
Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Was just looking on ebay and i found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-H...K_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item1e8543a2e4 Should be easy to do myself as it looks like it replaces the front of the phone. Will order this next week and see if i can save this phone :)

yep thats perfect, nice and easy to change aswell coz ul have the whole front housing. just be carefull when u take out the lcd coz it takes a wee bit of force to pop out, but the whole job is fairly simple, just take ur time.

SamzWorldOfMusic

Sep 16, 2012
Gosport
yep thats perfect, nice and easy to change aswell coz ul have the whole front housing. just be carefull when u take out the lcd coz it takes a wee bit of force to pop out, but the whole job is fairly simple, just take ur time.

well i managed to replace the digitiser with a new one. but the top half of the touch wouldent work, then the next morning theres a crack in the NEW digitiser. im sorry to say im giving up on this phone. but it was worth a try.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
well i managed to replace the digitiser with a new one. but the top half of the touch wouldent work, then the next morning theres a crack in the NEW digitiser. im sorry to say im giving up on this phone. but it was worth a try.

Gutted. Was the new digitizer cracked when it arrived? Id send it back to the seller n just say it has a crack on it