[Q] Can't boot into download mode/recovery mode

Search This thread

Ninetailz

Apr 13, 2014
Hello,

For some reason, After unrooting my Galaxy S4 i9505 by supersu and resetting the brinary counter i can't seem to get to the download mode or the recovery mode. I tried holding Vol down + Home + Power button to go into download mode but instead it boots into OS, and same for the recovery. i also tried factory reset but the same result (btw in the factory reset my twrp recovery showed up to create partition etc.)

Can someone help me with this, Appreciate any help :) also i am new here :D

--------------------------------------------------------
Extra info
Andriod version: 4.3
Model Number: GT-i9505
Build number: JSS15J.I9505XXUENA8
---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Try this!

Hello,

For some reason, After unrooting my Galaxy S4 i9505 by supersu and resetting the brinary counter i can't seem to get to the download mode or the recovery mode. I tried holding Vol down + Home + Power button to go into download mode but instead it boots into OS, and same for the recovery. i also tried factory reset but the same result (btw in the factory reset my twrp recovery showed up to create partition etc.)

Extra info

Try to reboot into download mode or recovery with ADB:
adb reboot download
adb reboot recovery

Info &download on ADB:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Before you do don't forget to enable USB debugging under Developer options.

Last edited:

Ninetailz

Apr 13, 2014
adb reboot download
adb reboot recovery

Info &download on ADB:

Thanks, its worked by adb but I can't go into the download mode or recovery mode by tapping those home+volup+power button.
Is there a way to fix that or i have to every time go to the download mode by adb :( ?

Last edited:
Thanks, its worked by adb but I can't go into the download mode or recovery mode by tapping those home+volup+power button.
Is there a way to fix that or i have to every time go to the download mode by adb :( ?

Download your stock firmware from http://www.sammobile.com and flash it with odin,
after that flash philz touch recovery with odin too.

Ninetailz

Apr 13, 2014
Try this:

Hold VOL + Home + Power buttons until it vibrates
then let the power button go
and wait untill the android logo shows up.

Thank you it worked After holding those button and keep holding them until the mode shows up :)

I don't have a direct solution but you don't need to press the Home button. Just holding Power and vol + or - also should do the trick.

it still worked, without the home button it showing the download mode :)

And i have two another questions is there any way to Fix the KNOX warrenty void and kernel lock? and how to get the stock recovery?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you it worked After holding those button and keep holding them until the mode shows up :)

it still worked, without the home button it showing the download mode :)

And i have two another questions is there any way to Fix the KNOX warrenty void and kernel lock? and how to get the stock recovery?
1. No.
2. You will have to flash the STOCK ROM for recover the STOCK Recovery

Last edited:

hazian75

Apr 17, 2008
help....gti9500 octa-core

somehow i try upgrade firmware and encounter error...i cannot go into recovery mode....just downloading mode...but try flash again firmware with odin its stop at initialization...dosen time try....use another cable....ori cable...try to plug at another usb socket also not working same happen...try using kies but come memo say "gt-i9500 not support initialization" plz someone who can help give me an idea...for info this is original s4 i bought at samsung centre....i'm from malaysia..in odin mode show:
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9500
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLED
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
AP SWREV: A3

Miavea

Mar 1, 2017
Im using twrp 2.8.5 and when i want to boot into recovery boot, it suddenly boot into odin mode. And when i want to power on my phone, it goes into odin mode again. I must flash md5 file using odin to reboot/power on my phone again. Can you tell me why this happen.

Im using galaxy note 3 sc01f
Custom rom. Norma rom

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Are you flashing there correct version of twrp for the phone? Tried newer versions of twrp?

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
I instal rom i dont read thread correctly the rom was only for e300s and i got i9500 ,only solution to put the phone in to download or recovery is via adb reboot comands .

Aloysmet

Aug 3, 2016
Help please my S6810p

Hello guys after flashing Cynogene Mode 12 into my Galaxy Fame GT-S6810p it When I try to reboot it into Downlaoding Mode It shows 2 options that6 says Press vol + or Vol up to continue or Press Vol down to Restart but when I try pressing Vol Up Or Vol down it Jam and stop Responding directly after boot into downloading mode so Plaese I need Help please. anyone to Help please.:confused:

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
Thanks again i was able to go back to the stock recovery

man try install root+stock recovery via odin
root+stock recovery in this link
https://download.chainfire.eu/326/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

somehow i try upgrade firmware and encounter error...i cannot go into recovery mode....just downloading mode...but try flash again firmware with odin its stop at initialization...dosen time try....use another cable....ori cable...try to plug at another usb socket also not working same happen...try using kies but come memo say "gt-i9500 not support initialization" plz someone who can help give me an idea...for info this is original s4 i bought at samsung centre....i'm from malaysia..in odin mode show:
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9500
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLED
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
AP SWREV: A3

try flash via odin
stock recovery from that link
https://download.chainfire.eu/326/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this!

Hello,

Extra info

adb reboot download
    adb reboot recovery

Info &download on ADB:

I flashed my firmware but philz touch recovery needs root which my phone doesn't have also the download mode by button still doesn't work

I don't have a direct solution but you don't need to press the Home button. Just holding Power and vol + or - also should do the trick.
    Try this:

Hold VOL + Home + Power buttons until it vibrates
    then let the power button go
    and wait untill the android logo shows up.
    Can you tell me how to do that, i am new at android.
    Thanks in advance :)
    Follow this thread: HERE