[Q] M7 AT&T converted to GPE - Wifi Problems

Search This thread

Datlore001

Aug 3, 2014
Hey guys, have an AT&T HTC One M7 that I converted to a GPE (except for changing CID). I am S-OFF and have updated to 4.4.4. I absolutely love the phone and want to stick with GPE but I am having issues with wifi. In my office, I will set my Moto X and my One right next to each other on my desk. The One will randomly drop the wifi connection - sometimes when I go into settings to reset wifi it will appear as if the wifi connection was momentarily turned off. There is no pattern to the dropouts. They appear to be totally random. Occasionally the wifi icon totally disappears, sometimes it drops to one bar but I still lose connection. I have tried factory reset twice (on TWRP with full Dalvik/cache wipe) and in my advanced wifi settings, it is set to always stay on during sleep, avoid poor connections is turned off, and wi-fi optimization is turned off. I set it to 2.4ghz only. I even tried changing the name of the device in Wifi Direct to HTC One, but no luck. Is there something I'm missing here, or is the One's wifi radio poor? Is my device defective? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hey guys, have an AT&T HTC One M7 that I converted to a GPE (except for changing CID). I am S-OFF and have updated to 4.4.4. I absolutely love the phone and want to stick with GPE but I am having issues with wifi. In my office, I will set my Moto X and my One right next to each other on my desk. The One will randomly drop the wifi connection - sometimes when I go into settings to reset wifi it will appear as if the wifi connection was momentarily turned off. There is no pattern to the dropouts. They appear to be totally random. Occasionally the wifi icon totally disappears, sometimes it drops to one bar but I still lose connection. I have tried factory reset twice (on TWRP with full Dalvik/cache wipe) and in my advanced wifi settings, it is set to always stay on during sleep, avoid poor connections is turned off, and wi-fi optimization is turned off. I set it to 2.4ghz only. I even tried changing the name of the device in Wifi Direct to HTC One, but no luck. Is there something I'm missing here, or is the One's wifi radio poor? Is my device defective? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Here's my setting they have always worked flawlessly