Restoring the Streak 7 using NVFlash

Search This thread

xda751

Jan 26, 2008
Dell Streak 7 stuck on tmobile bootloop

hello all

I have acquired a dell streak7 experiencing bootup but stops at the tmobilbe logo and reboots. i have tried the nvflash method and it flashed the p2-p14 files. now you also supplied the original system files. as i am not very experience with what is next in the procedure. i did fastboot flash recovery.img and also loaded the 15420 pkg thru the sd card. but still stuck on bootloop.
guess my question would be how do i flash the boot,system,animation files? is it the same way as flashing the recovery file? Help

cdzo72

hello all

I have acquired a dell streak7 experiencing bootup but stops at the tmobilbe logo and reboots. i have tried the nvflash method and it flashed the p2-p14 files. now you also supplied the original system files. as i am not very experience with what is next in the procedure. i did fastboot flash recovery.img and also loaded the 15420 pkg thru the sd card. but still stuck on bootloop.
guess my question would be how do i flash the boot,system,animation files? is it the same way as flashing the recovery file? Help

NVFlash flashes everything that you need to get up and running. IF after NVFlash it won't boot then boot into recovery and do a factory reset.

I would recommend that you NVFlash BACK to stock Froyo so that you have something to work with and stay there for a bit until you get the hang of some of the other stuff, if not you'll be right back here whining about boot loops and passwords because you didn't read ENOUGH

xda751

Jan 26, 2008
Dell Streak 7 stuck on tmobile bootloop

hello sir

as i am not aware of what the problem was with this dell streak and actually am not aware what version the nvflash files(p2-p14) flash into device, or what version package 15420 is (froyo,gingerbread) i am asking for assistance and my question was how do i flash the original files to the dell after i use the nvflash files supplied.

cdzo72

hello sir

as i am not aware of what the problem was with this dell streak and actually am not aware what version the nvflash files(p2-p14) flash into device, or what version package 15420 is (froyo,gingerbread) i am asking for assistance and my question was how do i flash the original files to the dell after i use the nvflash files supplied.

Let me say this AGAIN since you didn't read the first time, NVFLash puts everything on the phone needed to boot and run! If it won't boot, something didn't go quite right. NO need to flash ANYTHING else after NVFLash... If it won't boot, boot into recovery and do a factory reset, if it still won't boot, well then you can NVFlash again or you flash a factory recovery and flash a factory update package

xda751

Jan 26, 2008
tmobile streak 7 still stuck on logo

ok people this is what i have... A dell Streak 7 Tablet it powers on, goes pasted the dell logo, then continues to the t-mobile banner and it stops.. right after it recycles it self like three time.. and the it finally stops.. I have used nvflash and flashed p2 - p14 -I have done a factory default reset but no luck. I have also flashed the 3 original files(system,recovery, and boot files) i haved tryed to do the restoration via adb, fastboot, and apx i have access to then all and able to use them all.. with no success.. i always get the same results.. mr CDZO72 I have read ur tutorial over and over but I have had no luck. I did not post so that u may belittle me with ur comments. I posted because I got this ds7 already with this problem and was hoping the community(forum) could help without the comments.

Last edited:

xdausermike

Mar 24, 2012
Bricked

Just Picked up a Bricked S7, could someone repost p2-p22, p2 isn't working, and neither is the AIO link.

Thanks

javilindj

Oct 23, 2010
DS7 OUT

***Moderators, please delete previous relative threads at your discretion***

***Update*** Img 14 is now available. It is not required for a successful restore, But if you are having trouble without it, why not give it a try if you can wait for 560 megs to download.

(Windows Only Instructions) If you’re a Linux user, you should be able to 'translate' this yourself.

This is for those who cannot use fastboot or adb. If you can successfully use these tools, DO NOT use NVFlash. You will lose all your data on your device. Do not proceed with these instructions if you are not expecting to lose all personal data on the device.

Step 1) APX Drivers – To work in NVFlash mode you need to install the drivers for the nvidia boot-recovery device. Power off your device and disconnect it from the computer. Hold down the Volume up & down buttons while plugging in the USB cable. (Or leave the USB cable attached and hold the pinhole ‘power off’, hold down the volume Up & Down and release the pinhole ‘power off’.) (The volume button seems like a rocker switch, but you can hold down both sides at once)

Your computer should now recognize the Streak 7 as an APX device. Manually install it using the nvidia boot-recovery drivers.

NVFlash

Step 2) Install NVFlash. For ease of function simply create a folder on your C:\ drive called ‘nvflash’. Download the nvflash zip and extract it to the nvflash folder.

Step 3) Download the 13 img files that make up the original partitions of the device. Files p2.img through p14.img. Put these files in the C:\nvflash folder.

Step 4) Launch (double-click) the Restore.bat file from the C:\nvflash folder. This batch command will begin copying the partitions to the device. Wait patiently as your device is being restored.

Step 5) Once all of the partitions have been written, use the pinhole ‘power off’ button next to the SD card to power off the device. Now power it back on normally to enjoy your restored Streak 7.

If you have trouble with any of the links or corrupted files, please pm me or reply to this thread.

That's all I can do folks. Ran out of free space on my free storage site. :(

*** Update *** If you are still stuck at boot logo, check to see if you can get into fastboot mode, if so,
finish restoring with the fastboot method.

************* Also, I recently used this method to restore from Honeycomb. I too was again stuck at the Dell logo. However, I was able to use the recovery menu (Vol Up + Power) and do a factory reset and was fine from there.

Original System Files

Hi mate, I've followed your tutorial, I installed the drivers, it is detected as APX, I downloaded the p2 to p14, I have copied to the folder NVFLASH and I have given to Restore.bat and when I turn ends Restore.bat DS7 of the button attached to the SD slot and when I turn on only 3 LEDs are lit on the right side of the screen.
The Boot, System, Recovery and Animation I have to put in NVFLASH or only I have to put the img of p2 to p14.

I await your reply mate, I am somewhat novate this.
Thanks in advance

javilindj

Oct 23, 2010
video

QUOTE=illdill;12590019]***Moderators, please delete previous relative threads at your discretion***

***Update*** Img 14 is now available. It is not required for a successful restore, But if you are having trouble without it, why not give it a try if you can wait for 560 megs to download.

(Windows Only Instructions) If you’re a Linux user, you should be able to 'translate' this yourself.

This is for those who cannot use fastboot or adb. If you can successfully use these tools, DO NOT use NVFlash. You will lose all your data on your device. Do not proceed with these instructions if you are not expecting to lose all personal data on the device.

Step 1) APX Drivers – To work in NVFlash mode you need to install the drivers for the nvidia boot-recovery device. Power off your device and disconnect it from the computer. Hold down the Volume up & down buttons while plugging in the USB cable. (Or leave the USB cable attached and hold the pinhole ‘power off’, hold down the volume Up & Down and release the pinhole ‘power off’.) (The volume button seems like a rocker switch, but you can hold down both sides at once)

Your computer should now recognize the Streak 7 as an APX device. Manually install it using the nvidia boot-recovery drivers.

NVFlash

Step 2) Install NVFlash. For ease of function simply create a folder on your C:\ drive called ‘nvflash’. Download the nvflash zip and extract it to the nvflash folder.

Step 3) Download the 13 img files that make up the original partitions of the device. Files p2.img through p14.img. Put these files in the C:\nvflash folder.

Step 4) Launch (double-click) the Restore.bat file from the C:\nvflash folder. This batch command will begin copying the partitions to the device. Wait patiently as your device is being restored.

Step 5) Once all of the partitions have been written, use the pinhole ‘power off’ button next to the SD card to power off the device. Now power it back on normally to enjoy your restored Streak 7.

If you have trouble with any of the links or corrupted files, please pm me or reply to this thread.

That's all I can do folks. Ran out of free space on my free storage site. :(

*** Update *** If you are still stuck at boot logo, check to see if you can get into fastboot mode, if so,
finish restoring with the fastboot method.

************* Also, I recently used this method to restore from Honeycomb. I too was again stuck at the Dell logo. However, I was able to use the recovery menu (Vol Up + Power) and do a factory reset and was fine from there.

Original System Files[/QUOTE]

Hi mate, I've followed your tutorial, I installed the drivers, it is detected as APX, I downloaded the p2 to p14, I have copied to the folder NVFLASH and I have given to Restore.bat and when I turn ends Restore.bat DS7 of the button attached to the SD slot and when I turn on only 3 LEDs are lit on the right side of the screen.
The Boot, System, Recovery and Animation I have to put in NVFLASH or only I have to put the img of p2 to p14.

I await your reply mate, I am somewhat novate this.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

stormtrroper6

Mar 26, 2012
So I've got a streak 7 that won't boot up at all. It is getting recognized by the computer through USB, I already installed the nvidia drivers, did nvflash (both with p2-p14, and p2-22) that successfully put the files on their but with no success booting. The screen remains black the whole time. Any suggestions? also, what are we supposed to do with the original system, boot, and recovery files.

Thanks

xda751

Jan 26, 2008
ds 7 boot problem

ok have nvflash p2-p14 reset data but still get stuck on tmobile logo. have fastboot recovery to orig. recovery img and attempt to load orignal update file but get a "install modem error" "system will reboot" any ideas. it seems several people are experiencing the boot hang even with a successful nvflash of p2-p14.

ripalsanghani

May 9, 2010
Bartlett
Anyone have another mirror for p2? The 4shared link says its unavailable. And is there no p15?

edit: got it sorry guys forgot to search..and scroll up haha

Last edited:

ulo2k

Apr 2, 2012
restoring dell streak to stock

link p2 is not available can some one post it for me please

Top Liked Posts