[ROM][WIP] CM9-marvel-UNOFFICIAL [UPDATE: April 25th]

Search This thread

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I've had the phone with radio on the whole night. After 12 hours the battery is at 35%. Which is at least better than before but not perfect yet.

The strange thing is that the Battery stats tell me that 35% was used by the screen.

Not bad for an overnight discharge. Today I'm going to look at deep sleep to see what's causing it not to function and also HQ YouTube

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Porygon!

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
Droste and I did get the camera + preview working.

marvel_camera.jpg

It still leaks a lot of memory, crashes sometimes, but hey it is a fscking binary blob we have to deal with.

Attachments

• marvel_camera.jpg
    marvel_camera.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 269

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Droste and I did get the camera + preview working.

marvel_camera.jpg

It still leaks a lot of memory, crashes sometimes, but hey it is a fscking binary blob we have to deal with.

Nice work I'm compiling your latest commits at the moment and trying to get deep sleep working from the power management

ipodguitar

Sep 4, 2011
Harderwijk
twitter.com
[/COLOR]got it booting had to revert back to cm_marvel_defconfig but on the good side codecs are working i.e youtube ;) but in low quality will work on that more all that needs ajusting is the framerate i think will need to debug more.

This is great, i watch lots of videos on my phone.
Looking forward for the new nightly :)

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
LQ works smoothly, HQ works but lags. Need to find out what's the problem. Maybe we need a lower framerate.

I've played a longer video and some time I run into a file handle leak. This is ab bug in cm9.

that the same stage im at i was thinking it was the framerate because i run logcats etc and even logcat was saying stuff about out of sync etc

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
Oh I know were not supposed to report bugs. But you might not know about this one. Caller ID pictures only come up quarter of the screen instead of full on incoming calls.

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
Oh I know were not supposed to report bugs. But you might not know about this one. Caller ID pictures only come up quarter of the screen instead of full on incoming calls.

One problem is that mdpi devices are not really supported by ICS. So a lot of stuff isn't displayed correctly. This needs tweaks in the java files and should be fixed upstream in CM9.

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
One problem is that mdpi devices are not really supported by ICS. So a lot of stuff isn't displayed correctly. This needs tweaks in the java files and should be fixed upstream in CM9.

Yeahh, i really wish there was more mdpi support.

Can you pm me a screenshot please

Not really I'm on phone and I've have to blur out faces. You can recreate the problem easily though.

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
anyone have a fix for this

Code:
device/htc/marvel/overlay/packages/apps/Camera/res/values/strings.xml:19: error: Resource at pref_camera_force_preview_default appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Camera_intermediates/src/R.stamp] Error 1

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
@Modpunk

did you change anything recently bulls wise? Somethings upset my build PC. I'm resyncing the entire cm report from scratch again to resolve the problem.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda premium

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
@Modpunk

did you change anything recently bulls wise? Somethings upset my build PC. I'm resyncing the entire cm report from scratch again to resolve the problem.

There is no need to. This is not windows, you don't need a restart. You can fix everything without problems and it is hard to fsck up with git.

Reactions: BSOOD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a project trying to get CyanogenMod 9 working on the HTC Wildfire S.

If you are a developer and you're working on a device with msm7x27 hardware, contact me, we have a dev only IRC channel to work together.

People who helped during development, with their input, knowledge and patches:

alquez (CM7 port and kernel fixes)
    Droste (Input, help and patches)
    PabloPL (Thanks for the input)
    WinSuk We worked together on fixes for Marvel and Liberty

There will be an official marvel (unofficial CM9) release next week (week 18). I need to prepare for that.

TODO:
    * Get camera fully working.

The HTC Aria (Liberty) uses the my kernel tree now. Thanks WinSuk for the trust :)

NOTE: Don't send me private messages asking for a HOWTO. Everything is documented in the CyanogenMod Wiki. You can't help if you're not able to set it up on your own.

SOURCES: http://git.cryptomilk.org/
    I've just fixed USB Mass Storage (thanks WinSuk for the hints).

I will do more testing here, polish the build and will release an ALPHA0 next week. I need to prepare uploads and bug reporting and add already known bugs.

This means you will get a real ROM from me.
    ChangeLog

ALHPA0

2012-04-25
    * KERNEL:
    - Fix ICS/HTC ril problems
    * ROM:
    - Fix USB Mass Storage
    - Fix memory leaks and pmem problems with camera (Thanks Droste)

2012-04-24
    * KERNEL:
    * ROM:
    - Fixed camera preview
    - Fixed GPS
    - Fixed YouTube
    - A lot of cleanups

2012-04-22
    * KERNEL:
    - Fixed usb_function_switch
    - Added more cpufreq governors
    - Set interactive governor as default
    * ROM:
    - Added initial camera support (not fully done)
    - Fixed RIL (Radio Interface Layer)

2012-04-20
    * KERNEL:
    - Added support for liberty
    - Added support for marvelc and marvelct
    I've just fixed GPS!!!

I will do some more testing and try with Droste to improve Camera support. After that I will release a ROM and allow bug reporting.
    I can take pictures with the camera, but the camera preview doesn't work right now.