HTC One X or HTC Vivid?

Search This thread

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
Google Pixel 3a
OnePlus 8T
Well, I have a deadline of the 25th to choose and considering the One X is held up at customs without a specific way they have to do the investigation.... I'm doubting that will be over with by then. Considering that, is the Vivid a good option from my infuse?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
One X unless you have a pressing need for microSD. It is worth waiting for a boot loader unlock.

Why do you have a deadline, might I ask?

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

ronnie498

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2010
Vivid would be my choice

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
One X is essentially just another Vivid. You're not going to get much dev out of it since HTC said they're not going to unlock the BL. Sense 4 will come to the Vivid, one day.

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
Google Pixel 3a
OnePlus 8T
I am on AT&T and decently experienced with technology, just not with programming. I just don't want to risk breaking a brand new device just to switch kernels. With unlocked boot loader, you just do it through hboot and adb correct?

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am on AT&T and decently experienced with technology, just not with programming. I just don't want to risk breaking a brand new device just to switch kernels. With unlocked boot loader, you just do it through hboot and adb correct?

Yep just use fastboot commands I am on my phone so I could not see your carrier I am s-on with att and running dark raider and have had no problem flashing kernel with fastboot then flashing rom

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

jigajay

Feb 28, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y

I have rooted and ran a custom rom with just about every android phone I owned cause stock was terrible but honestly the at&t vivid has a great stock ics rom with no issues at all I rooted this just to delete all that bloatware and battery life has been great since then I never had such a great battery life with custom roms all I did was download set cpu and was good to go.

kozmikkick

Nov 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Unless youre thinking about getting the euro quad core one x I would get the vivid. The one XL and the vivid are fairly comperable.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using xda premium