i have a question for you smart devs

Search This thread

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

okay sooooo.....my big bro age 21 got the Verizon S3 which came with 4.4.2. He got the Verizon one, cause he said "I'm gonna be smarter then you and get the best coverage with 4GLTE".....so long story short he wants me to root it and to give him Philz recovery cause that's what im using on my Boost S3. He also wants me to make him a custom splash screen; so basically i got him root with TowelRoot and "disabled" Knox with SuperSU. Now I tried to flash the D2LTE Philz through Odin and it failed, so i did some research and apparently the bootloader is locked.....so i saw there was EZ-unlock but it would Hard Brick if you use it on 4.3 or 4.4.2. Some people on the Verizon S3 Forum Have said to use SafeStrap on the locked bootloader, but idk since he wants all of his memory and stuff and SafeStrap creates partitions and doesn't really let you install over the stock rom slot. I have no idea if it will flash the custom splash screen i made for his Verizon S3. So my question I guess is will SafeStrap work for the custom things he wants me to do to it???

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
okay sooooo.....my big bro age 21 got the Verizon S3 which came with 4.4.2. He got the Verizon one, cause he said "I'm gonna be smarter then you and get the best coverage with 4GLTE".....so long story short he wants me to root it and to give him Philz recovery cause that's what im using on my Boost S3. He also wants me to make him a custom splash screen; so basically i got him root with TowelRoot and "disabled" Knox with SuperSU. Now I tried to flash the D2LTE Philz through Odin and it failed, so i did some research and apparently the bootloader is locked.....so i saw there was EZ-unlock but it would Hard Brick if you use it on 4.3 or 4.4.2. Some people on the Verizon S3 Forum Have said to use SafeStrap on the locked bootloader, but idk since he wants all of his memory and stuff and SafeStrap creates partitions and doesn't really let you install over the stock rom slot. I have no idea if it will flash the custom splash screen i made for his Verizon S3. So my question I guess is will SafeStrap work for the custom things he wants me to do to it???
It won't work the same way, all your information is absolutely correct though. Good thing you read everything before you started flashing things.

You only have access to 2 locked bootloader roms. You can flash them right over your stock rom in Safestrap. Safestrap won't partition your SD card unless you tell it to so just don't create a rom slot. You can't run any other rom on the phone. Unfortunately, you definitely can't flash philz recovery because it requires an unlocked bootloader.

I'd say just root, install xposed, and see what you can do to debloat and customize the stock rom. That's all you can really do at this point.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

It won't work the same way, all your information is absolutely correct though. Good thing you read everything before you started flashing things.

You only have access to 2 locked bootloader roms. You can flash them right over your stock rom in Safestrap. Safestrap won't partition your SD card unless you tell it to so just don't create a rom slot. You can't run any other rom on the phone. Unfortunately, you definitely can't flash philz recovery because it requires an unlocked bootloader.

I'd say just root, install xposed, and see what you can do to debloat and customize the stock rom. That's all you can really do at this point.

thank you good sir/madam but will i be able to flash the Custom Splash screen with SafeStrap??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you good sir/madam but will i be able to flash the Custom Splash screen with SafeStrap??
    Yes, make a nandroid first. It won't do anything worse than soft brick if it doesn't work.

@BadUsername thanks again :) i will try this soon and report back so i can make a splash screen thread here for Verizon S3 your welcome to check out my Boost S3 Splash screen thread to see how the ones i make look :) link in my signature :)