CycloneSkins--Putting a 'Twist' into Your HomeScreens [H-Beta 1] [Production Stalled]

Search This thread

jdshifflett

Apr 8, 2009
salem, oregon
Great job on this theme. When you first announced it I was wondering if you could pull it off. I've read a lot of stuff in hack/dev by drklrd about making pure .cpr themes and I figured that would be the route you took. Talk to ookba and see if you can put these on the dash3g and maple. Almost everything visually is the small as far as resolution and pixel sizes. The folks over there are dying for something grand for their phones. Keep up the good work and if you ever want to come visit the dream forum I'm thinking of a theme release over there advice would be appreciated

Cyclonezephyrxz7

Dec 19, 2008
another suggestion. on the clock panel. you should put the weather icon like the titanium panel does

Where should I put it...can you photoshop an image for me, ill see if i fit it in

for some reason i'm only getting misaligned text and broken icons? installing to device with everything but 96dpi.. i must be missing something.

Yeah, sorry for now it is 96 DPI only I suppose (I will add that to requirements). After i finish a 96 DPI version, I can commence work on a non-96DPI version (even though I do love 96 DPI so much)!

this is pretty nice my friend. i think it will be even better when you get the button swap figured out.

Yeah, I am really hoping that the button swap turns out well. The way I see it though, unless I can get someone to code up a program for me, I am going to be spending a good deal of time on my computer this weekend haha.

Great job on this theme. When you first announced it I was wondering if you could pull it off. I've read a lot of stuff in hack/dev by drklrd about making pure .cpr themes and I figured that would be the route you took. Talk to ookba and see if you can put these on the dash3g and maple. Almost everything visually is the small as far as resolution and pixel sizes. The folks over there are dying for something grand for their phones. Keep up the good work and if you ever want to come visit the dream forum I'm thinking of a theme release over there advice would be appreciated

Hey, if you ever need help with anything, just ask :D I'd love to lend you a hand when you need one!

Cyclonezephyrxz7

Dec 19, 2008
does anyone have any screenshots of it actually working?

Screenshots I posted on Post #2 are from my phone. It does work. My disclaimer on the first post is only because I didn't put in a way to revert to normal (which i have figured out and will implement in the next release). As long as you backup the files I said to, you will be fine (assuming you are running 3VO, + 96 DPI + Topbar icons). Enjoy!

(I hope to release an update tomorrow...we'll see)

iamanalog

Jan 1, 2007
Is anyone else getting this? the weather panel seems to be messed up on my end...
only thing im not running is the topbar...which i dont like.

Attachments

• Captured-3.jpg
    Captured-3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 86

Cyclonezephyrxz7

Dec 19, 2008
Is anyone else getting this? the weather panel seems to be messed up on my end...
only thing im not running is the topbar...which i dont like.

I got that same issue the other day. Will look into it.

What fixed it for me is clikc the MENU key (for that panel) and do a FULL UPDATE. That fixed that issue for me. Haven't had a problem since.

Cyclonezephyrxz7

Dec 19, 2008
Hey, sorry for lack of update like I had hoped...anyways this is what I am up to

1)School work (priorities, priorities, priorities! :p)

2)Horizon: fixing a little issue with registry (when updating from the Horizon B1 i uploaded to the Horizon B2 i have not uploaded yet. Expect next release to be Beta3)

2)Simple Fun: Hmm thats new! I have posted a Proof Of Concept of the first of a couple VERTICAL themes. These themes will hopefully take less time (as i wont have to deal with a swapper, which I am currently 'working' on!)

3)Boredom: yeah, sorta bored (because I can't work on these themes for hours on end...it becomes tedious) , so if anyone has any cool ideas for skins that they would love to see become a reality, PM me, and I will see what I can do :p

117micc

Hey, sorry for lack of update like I had hoped...anyways this is what I am up to

1)School work (priorities, priorities, priorities! :p)

2)Horizon: fixing a little issue with registry (when updating from the Horizon B1 i uploaded to the Horizon B2 i have not uploaded yet. Expect next release to be Beta3)

2)Simple Fun: Hmm thats new! I have posted a Proof Of Concept of the first of a couple VERTICAL themes. These themes will hopefully take less time (as i wont have to deal with a swapper, which I am currently 'working' on!)

3)Boredom: yeah, sorta bored (because I can't work on these themes for hours on end...it becomes tedious) , so if anyone has any cool ideas for skins that they would love to see become a reality, PM me, and I will see what I can do :p

still waiting..... :rolleyes:
love ur work n ready to see what more u can come up wit.. i got a couple works in the process too. will message if i get stuck ;)

Cyclonezephyrxz7

Dec 19, 2008
Hey All,

This is disappointing as much on my end as it may be on the end of people who used the Beta 1 of my Horizon Skin, but I must put it out there...

The horrible truth is that, as it probably already seems, I am stopping my work on these themes temporarily. I do hope to rejuvenate the lives of the Excalibur through a new look , but to attempt to create a 'revolutionary' CPR with the lack of decent documentation is too time consuming. In trying to make a horizontal theme, I was trying to do what Drkfngthdrgnlrd (a much more knowledgable person on the CPR file) was unable to do as of yet. I am taking on a different project that will hopefully replace this thread upon completion.

I don't want to let anyone down, so I am making a new project idea that may just simplify everything!

Thank You all for understanding.

Sincerely,

Max B.
Cyclonezephyrxz7

PS: For those who want to assist in this new project, help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me via PM and I will give you news through there. I need people with some skill in the .NET CF 3.5 (C#).

Noob-xda

Feb 14, 2010
Orlando
I cant find these
* /Windows/Titanium_320x240.cpr
* (In the Registry) HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome
* (In the Registry) HKLM/nls/overrides
* /Windows/Startup/Checkstatus.mscr

Cyclonezephyrxz7

Dec 19, 2008
thought that this would help you... that is if you can get it to work to begin with.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5354707&postcount=2427

Thanks for the link.

I have to admit that I was quite surprised to see this up after so long...

I am in the process of learning C++ (and expanding my knowledge of C#), so i SUPPOSE that maybe, one day, when I can do C++ well enough, I can revisit this and make something out of it...

no assurances tho!

(If someone can get me some of the files involved in that OmniaPro layout, that could help me out a lot!)

bgtvfr

Aug 22, 2008
Santa Fe NM
nice home screen and icons... i use those icons for my delicay theme...and for those file i think i got um gotta check

EDIT: scrap that no files

Last edited: