[Q] Phone possibly bricked, need help

Search This thread

mjogden

Feb 11, 2014
SO using odin on my Samsung Galaxy s2x T989D it failed, and my phone could not do anything but bring me to the download mode screen and told me i had to put it in recovery mode and use kies. but i couldint go into recovery mode. afer using google i found a possible solution. I used odin to try and stock again. and that worked..kinda...now when i try and turn on my phone its a Tmobile loading screen, it used to be koodo, my phone wont go past this screen and still cant go into recovery mode. when i go into download mode it still says odin mode. :eek:

Grichecth

Mar 7, 2008
St. John's, NL
SO using odin on my Samsung Galaxy s2x T989D it failed, and my phone could not do anything but bring me to the download mode screen and told me i had to put it in recovery mode and use kies. but i couldint go into recovery mode. afer using google i found a possible solution. I used odin to try and stock again. and that worked..kinda...now when i try and turn on my phone its a Tmobile loading screen, it used to be koodo, my phone wont go past this screen and still cant go into recovery mode. when i go into download mode it still says odin mode. :eek:

Sounds like a bad flash but if you have download mode, you should be in luck. Using Odin flash the Koodo 4.1.2 stock rom (https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcyk25je4u6j4vt/T989DTLUMC4_T989DOYBMC4_KDO.zip) & you should be in the clear. This would restore the stock recovery & be just as it was the day you got it (Well, day it was upgraded to Jelly bean)

Let me know if I misunderstood something, but this hopefully will help you out.