Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
All I can do is thank you all from a grateful user.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for starting with a vision and pointing to path for KK recovery . You Guys are the ones who make that difference in XDA, keeping it alive ! :good:

i apologize for being off topic, please consider this as the last thank you post ! why dont you guys just use the "thanks" button on all major posts ? just do that and thats very much appreciated by the developers.

on another note , i think we should have "developers discussions" section ! the galaxy nexus had it in xda. itll be helpful if we have that too

Reactions: zPacKRat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So with the KK update LG changed the way the G2 is locked down. Been messing around with some stuff and just was able to get around the standard recovery and was able to boot into the more normal Android recovery. I think from here I can build a custom recovery that may work...

Who knows if it will work and not sure when I will be done with it so don't ask for ETA...
    Stock KK and custom recoveries are now alive. :good:

When each variant's kernel source is released, I will build the modified kernel/boot.img required for KK.

Huge thanks to @JackpotClavin for his dts and cmdline finds, we'd still be clueless if you hadn't found that.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    current status:

restored d80010d full image with flash tool.

rooted and added recovery

flashed system/tz/rpm/modem from d80020c

flashed kernel recompiled by @Savoca for this purpose.

System works.

recovery works.
    The post states these steps -

use the LG flash tool to get your d800 back to d80010d. not 10o. not 20c. 10d ONLY.

Then get rooted. Don't ask me how. Search.

Then install recovery. Again, don't ask me how. Search.

Then flash what's linked here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9N...it?usp=sharing

Does this mean I can follow these steps for my D801? But, go back to D80110G for t-mobile instead of D80010D?
    OMG. Do I really have to spell this out AGAIN?

I really try not be be rude, but I swear some people BEG for it...

You are referring to a post that's linked from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50856052&postcount=177. I'm guessing that you are referring to that, as it's the only connection from THIS thread to what you quoted.

What are the first 9 or 10 characters of that post? Go ahead and click the link and take a look. I'll wait....

On the off chance that you didn't read what I just posted, and somehow found that other post (that you quoted)... and for some unknown reason linked it back to this thread... Can you tell me what section of the website the post with the instructions is in? Here - I'll give you another link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671773

Go ahead and take a link. I'll wait... again...

So, what section is it in? AT&T Development? So, if it's in the AT&T specific development section, and NOT in the general G2 dev section, do YOU think it'll work for anything other than the AT&T (d800) phone?

Okay, one more hint. This was is from the actual text you quoted. I'll repeat it: "use the LG flash tool to get your d800 back to..." So, tell me how you'd get your d800 back to anything if you don't have a d800?

If I, and several others, spent DAYS and DAYS putting something together and then more HOURS to CLEARLY post it, why can't YOU spend 5 seconds to READ?!?!?!?!?!

Edit: By the way, THIS is the kind of thing that has caused me to stop releasing things to users. I simply can't handle this level of insult when I (and others) spend so much time preparing something, and someone else can't spend milliseconds to read - but expects everything to be spoon fed to them. Yes, it's an insult. Your post is more insulting to me than any name calling you could possibly do.
    I've uploaded a TEST update image for other devs to validate and roll into something more suitable for people. They will likely have "human usable" update images within 24 hours.