[Q] Q before I upgrade to KK

Search This thread

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
Dear All
I have N9005 still on JB MJ7, root, Knox 1
downloaded latest region KK :
N9005XXUENC2_N9005OJVENB2_KSA
usually i flash all my roms from mobile by mobile Odin pro, would it be the same with KK? would upgrade will keep root? would upgrade will wipe system?
Any advices about best advanced recovery to use after upgrading? iam using PhilZ, which version is for N9005 kk NC2?

Last edited:

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Dear All
usually i flash all my roms from mobile by mobile Odin pro, would it be the same with KK? would upgrade will keep root? would upgrade will wipe system?
Any advices?

If you flash a new rom it wont keep the root you will have to root again. It wont wipe any data.

To be safe backup all your data first.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
Ya backup is my 1st thing to do before any flash
Mobile Odin Pro has an option to keep the root, always works with me, but this is my 1st upgrade to KK with all what around it from closed bootloader and can not downgrade to Jb, etc etc...
Is there any root for the new build NC2?
I think it is better to wipe system after major upgrade

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
If you flash a new rom it wont keep the root you will have to root again. It wont wipe any data.

To be safe backup all your data first.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

Stop saying stupid stuff, if he flashes with Mobile Odin Pro (and the right settings) it WILL keep root.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Dear All
Any advices?

MOP (Mobile Odin Pro) WILL keep root if you set the correct options. HOWEVER you also MUST do a final step with normal Odin with the bootloader files alone. See the MOP thread the part on KK.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
As an aside, the JB backup you make will be completely useless once the bootloader is changed to the KK bootloader... If you need to do a system wipe then make sure anything you wish to keep is backed up to PC...

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
ya, backup will be used just in case something leds to faild upgrade, once iam on kk, the jb backup will be useless
i will backup my data and apps by Titanium Backup Pro for restore after successful upgrade
any advice about best touch support advanced recovery? iam using now on jb PhilZ cwm