m8 or z2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
Guys cant decide between the 2 and i am getting one of them tomorrow not sure which
Basically i care more about the camera i know sony has more megapixels but what is htc 4 ultra megapixel?

k.s.deviate

Dec 3, 2010
Calgary
I had an HTC one m7 before I switched to the z1. At first I loved it, very good build quality, water proof and of course the camera is amazing. But I found it to be very slow when taking pictures and the software is full of bloatware most people will never use. The Rom support isn't nearly that of the one (m7 or m8) and I dont really notice that big of a difference between the pictures taken on the z1 and the m8. (I now use the m8) unless your going to be blowing the pictures up the difference is negligible. And the speed in which the m8 takes pictures is probably 3 times faster and I found better low light results. The z2 uses the exact same camera setup as the z1 except for the 4k video. Which is only beneficial if your doing a lot of slow mo shots. Sony has the right idea, their on the right track but their not quite there yet. Maybe on the z3 or even z4 they might get it right. Sony's cybershot division is laughing at what the mobile division is doing with their sensors.. ie not even close to what the potential is. Long story short it's a great piece of hardware but the software has a long way to go. Htc on the other hand has a perfect balance of the two and in my opinion a far superior mobile device. But this is all subjective, my experience may greatly differ from someone else's. If your going into a store, play with them both and find which one caters to your needs the best. All the luck!

On a side note... Not all the z1 or z2 phones are able to have their boot loader unlocked. Some models are impossible to unlocked. If this is important to you, do the research and see which models are sold in your region. And again good luck on your decision.

Edit: I see your in Vancouver, if you get your Sony from a carrier the boot loader will never be able to be unlocked.

And your right wrong section.

Last edited:
Reactions: sofia-captivate

Kmac_thp

Aug 22, 2012
Elkton, MD
I have the Z2 and the M8 right now. Just got the Z2 and its already about to get listed. Had my phone show no signal for the first time in years with the Z2 and tonight I had a conversation with the gf and she said it sounded horrible. She kept asking me to repeat myself and kept saying I cant hear you. I know we talk less and less on our phones but my phone still has to function well as a phone first. Looks like the M8 is going back into my pocket after a fling with the Z2 that has not gone well. My .02

Reactions: sofia-captivate

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
I had an HTC one m7 before I switched to the z1. At first I loved it, very good build quality, water proof and of course the camera is amazing. But I found it to be very slow when taking pictures and the software is full of bloatware most people will never use. The Rom support isn't nearly that of the one (m7 or m8) and I dont really notice that big of a difference between the pictures taken on the z1 and the m8. (I now use the m8) unless your going to be blowing the pictures up the difference is negligible. And the speed in which the m8 takes pictures is probably 3 times faster and I found better low light results. The z2 uses the exact same camera setup as the z1 except for the 4k video. Which is only beneficial if your doing a lot of slow mo shots. Sony has the right idea, their on the right track but their not quite there yet. Maybe on the z3 or even z4 they might get it right. Sony's cybershot division is laughing at what the mobile division is doing with their sensors.. ie not even close to what the potential is. Long story short it's a great piece of hardware but the software has a long way to go. Htc on the other hand has a perfect balance of the two and in my opinion a far superior mobile device. But this is all subjective, my experience may greatly differ from someone else's. If your going into a store, play with them both and find which one caters to your needs the best. All the luck!

On a side note... Not all the z1 or z2 phones are able to have their boot loader unlocked. Some models are impossible to unlocked. If this is important to you, do the research and see which models are sold in your region. And again good luck on your decision.

Edit: I see your in Vancouver, if you get your Sony from a carrier the boot loader will never be able to be unlocked.

i have buyer for both phone right now and no i wont be blowing it up just mainly use the camera on instagram thats it. So if bootloader cant be unlocked means no custom rom? right?

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
I have the Z2 and the M8 right now. Just got the Z2 and its already about to get listed. Had my phone show no signal for the first time in years with the Z2 and tonight I had a conversation with the gf and she said it sounded horrible. She kept asking me to repeat myself and kept saying I cant hear you. I know we talk less and less on our phones but my phone still has to function well as a phone first. Looks like the M8 is going back into my pocket after a fling with the Z2 that has not gone well. My .02

wow that sucks i just sold my s5 today. Reason i never had a htc in past 3 or 4 years cause of the battery life? hows the battery on m8? like screentime?

Kmac_thp

Aug 22, 2012
Elkton, MD
wow that sucks i just sold my s5 today. Reason i never had a htc in past 3 or 4 years cause of the battery life? hows the battery on m8? like screentime?

The M8 actually has pretty decent battery life considering its size. Its not as good as the Z2 but thats to be expected, the Z2 has a huge battery. Mine was getting goofy which led me to doing a factory reset and that seemed to help. Im not sure about my screentime right now as Im using the Z2, for now.

Hawkysoft

Jul 21, 2010
Rotterdam
To be honest if you ask my opinion here's my life story. My first android phone was an Xperia x10 only had issues with this piece of *beep* than went to HTC with the Incredible S never any problem only started to out date and had to replace a speaker once (easy to do) than bought a Xperia z1 crappy build quality spontaneously screen cracked out of the blue... Sound problems decided to get it fixed... Screen got fixed and speakers as well... One week later scratches were all over the screen (yes I don't use a protection for it, but never did on my HTC Inc S and that hasn't a single scratch on it.) And again speakers start to create noise...
Now I got a HTC m8 and I got to tell you never was happier with a phone. Good build quality and still no scratch without glass protection do have prot for the back though. I went to my carrier store earlier in this week and held the x2 in my hand just to see it... I smiled and was happy I didn't took that one. Pretty sure same problems will accure with the screen. Don't like the build quality at all from it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.