Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
CF-AUTO Root
By Chainfire
Ported To the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Warranty Counter Built into the Bootloader of the Note 10.1.

How To Enter Download Mode
Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
2.Flash autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
4.Reboot into download mode again and flash the stock mj4 recovery provided
That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
FILENAME: p600Autoroot.7z(mega)

Disclaimer: when using root apps the system will try to stop you so its recommended to freeze the knox apps with titanium backup or rom toolbox!

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it so any donations would be more than appreciated!
if you can Donate: Here it would be preffered and leave your xda username as a comment if not here works as well

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49!

Bizack

May 1, 2013
Las Vegas
www.vaporbeast.com
got it

Thank you for the hook up..

Classic, It took 2 seconds at 4mb/s from mega...

I couldn't wait.

edit... Confirmed it works easy as hell. It took 30 seconds...

Houston... We have liftoff!

Loving it...

Last edited:
Reactions: BeansTown106

codyvance

Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
either of the 2 links on bottom of thread 1st is preffered tho, and anytime

Duh, should of seen that.. Tried gofundme, not working for some reason, cant get past sign in.. I will wait and try again later, if not I will send to 2nd link.

Thanks again! Hopefully we can get you one of these and have some beanstown rom :good:

Edit: Sent the $40 via paypal..

Last edited:
Reactions: Geordie Affy

Stocklone

Aug 18, 2010
I applied the root and froze the Knox 1.0 apps (both of them) and the KLMS Agent 1.0 app but I'm still getting security warnings anytime I start up SuperSU. Is there another step I am missing here to stop Knox?

tonytownsend

Aug 23, 2010
So help me understand the last android I had was the GS3. So from what I under stand now all the samsung models have a thing called knox. I remember on the gs3 that there was counter reset on the app store, are they working on something like this for knox or is that not possible. I will root no matter what as soon as there is a de bloated rom no matter what Im just interest to understand.

Stocklone

Aug 18, 2010
There is 5 Knox apps u have to freeze or delete them.. after doing that u won't get any security warnings

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Works perfect! You are my most favorite person in the whole world right now! I finally have my virtual buttons. No more stupid reaching in the middle of the tablet to do anything.

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
KNOX Apps

View attachment 2337285These are the KNOX related Apps that I "Nuked". So far everything is running just fine.
**Also found and nuked the following: com.samsung.klmsagent
Thanks Beanstown, PayPal Confirmation number: 0VA33847B9166261T.

Anyone else noticing that screen captures on this device are a lot more blurry than with other Samsung tablets and phones? My Note II and Note 8.0 seem to do a better job. Oh well.

Attachments

• KNOX.JPG
    KNOX.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 10,970
Last edited:
Reactions: saxophone101

Driftwood01

Oct 6, 2013
First I would like to say thank you very much for doing this. I appreciate all of the hard work and time that went into giving us the ability to root. I have 3 questions I was hoping you guys could answer.

1. Does anyone know if rooting this way will cause any Samsung apps to stop working correctly?

2. What is the best method? Disable the knox apps or is it safe to delete them? (Will I break something if I delete them. Are they important to keep?)

3. Can someone tell me if there is a way to reinstall a stock factory rom that will make the tablet go back to the way I bought it, if I am not happy after rooting.

Thank you!

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
First I would like to say thank you very much for doing this. I appreciate all of the hard work and time that went into giving us the ability to root. I have 3 questions I was hoping you guys could answer.

1. Does anyone know if rooting this way will cause any Samsung apps to stop working correctly?
2. What is the best method? Disable the knox apps or is it safe to delete them? (Will I break something if I delete them. Are they important to keep?)
3. Can someone tell me if there is a way to reinstall a stock factory rom that will make the tablet go back to the way I bought it, if I am not happy after rooting.

Thank you!

1. Shouldn't have any effect on Samsung Apps, except KNOX related ones, which will keep bugging you until you disable them.
  2. Best to "Freeze" them using Titanium Backup. I also removed them, but you don't have to go that far if you don't want to.
  3. To go back to stock, download the Stock Firmware from here or here, boot into Download Mode, flash with Odin.

ckelly33

Dec 25, 2008
MartinTN
Does it matter if we took the second ota?

And does the old 10.1's multiwindow mod work with this tab after root?

BTW, thanks beans! Was gonna return this tomorrow to help pay for the primo grill I bought today. I guess I will be keeping then both!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ddavtian

Apr 17, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire
    Ported To the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Warranty Counter Built into the Bootloader of the Note 10.1.

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
    2.Flash autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
    4.Reboot into download mode again and flash the stock mj4 recovery provided
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
    FILENAME: p600Autoroot.7z(mega)

Disclaimer: when using root apps the system will try to stop you so its recommended to freeze the knox apps with titanium backup or rom toolbox!

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it so any donations would be more than appreciated!
    if you can Donate: Here it would be preffered and leave your xda username as a comment if not here works as well

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49!
    Hi,
    If I root my tablet will I still be able to do the sistem updates that samsung sends?? If so, will I lose the root ?
    thanks!

Cody forgets that we all learn somehow. Hopefully someone will repay his answer with the same (no offense Cody)

Typically updates still come if you only root, but don't take them until you've seen the effects of others doing it. You may lose root and never get it back.

Custom Roms will almost always block updates.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    rooted my tab a few days ago now, just do the folowing :

1) use ODIN 3.09 to flash CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5 (link here : http://download.chainfire.eu/378/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11938873/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip and MD5 is d7cbf6de350a5a15dc6e9ac22042cf95)
    2) use TB to remove unwanted apps (like knox)

I also flashed TWRP but it's not mandatory (just easier to manage roms or backups).
    I just D/L thru mega link in beans original message. Unzipped file & ran through ODIN AP slot. On reboot, it showed the script verbiage running through the root steps, but tablet DID NOT ROOT. Further weird is that SuperSU icon was installed, but somehow it has since vanished. Immediately after reboot I ran my licensed (legit purchase!) copy of TiBu and it said root wasn't active. The procedure did trip Knox, which is no big deal since this thing is a few months out of warranty anyway. Just trying to figure out why the CF file didn't work. Wonder if it has anything to do with versions? I started with 4.4.4 and now the tablet's "About" screen shows 4.4.2. Good news is that everything on the tablet appears to still be working fine.

Any ideas??

EDIT: One more item of note. When ODIN finishes its thing, the PC software interface status shows RESET on a blue background, and the instructions say that should show PASS on green. Tablet auto-reboots from there without me having to do anything.
    The file in the OP of this thread works on 4.3, but not 4.4.x

Use this instead:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-10-2014/development/root-cf-auto-root-t2905495
    Stock MK1 recovery

I zipped up the MK1 recovery md5 so you can flash this with odin after rooting. Just unzip and put the recovery.tar.md5 file in the AP slot after rooting.