[Q] Help! After using Cyanogenmod Installer it's asking for SIM Network unlock code

Search This thread

scope213

May 28, 2013
Los Angeles
In an attempt to use my locked AT&T HTC One phone on my T-mobile service I used the Cyanogenmod Installer to root my HTC one and hope to use it on the T-mobile network; I also unlocked the bootloader via HTC website. The newest Cyanogenmod is installed (11-20140417-NIGHTLY-m7) and wifi is working, etc. Unfortunately, no phone calls since it keeps asking for SIM Network unlock code (I bought an unlock code...not working). Any suggestions? What should I do? I did some research and I read something about using an RUU...is this a good solution? Thank you all!

Status of phone on bootloader screen is:

S-ON "TAMPERED" :(

In an attempt to use my locked AT&T HTC One phone on my T-mobile service I used the Cyanogenmod Installer to root my HTC one and hope to use it on the T-mobile network; I also unlocked the bootloader via HTC website. The newest Cyanogenmod is installed (11-20140417-NIGHTLY-m7) and wifi is working, etc. Unfortunately, no phone calls since it keeps asking for SIM Network unlock code (I bought an unlock code...not working). Any suggestions? What should I do? I did some research and I read something about using an RUU...is this a good solution? Thank you all!

Status of phone on bootloader screen is:

S-ON "TAMPERED" :(

You might find some help here regarding sim unlocking your device http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314824&page=60

sergiogv

Aug 14, 2014
Hello,

I (still) have the same problem here. I have a DHD that was locked and branded. I followed HTCDev's procedure to unlock the bootloader and installed a Cyanogenmod ROM (unofficial 10.1) two weeks ago that works great. I've been trying to get my phone unlocked for days with no luck ever since.

I've tried using the HTC unlock tool v. 0.9.5/4 and rooting the phone too. Nothing. Drivers are working fine; program executes as expected, but I still have a locked phone after it finishes. I got an unlock code that I enter after booting and I get a "successful network unlock" message, but the radio seems to remain off. I cannot place calls. Attempting to choose a network operator manually from the settings menu fails; I get a "mobile network unavailable" message when doing so (service providers list does not even appear). I've read threads saying that the only way to get around this is by reverting the phone to its original ROM and HBoot, but I've read elsewhere that workarounds on branded phones shipped with Gingerbread or Froyo (like mine used to run) fail and/or screw up the phone, so I have not tried that. Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks!