[Q] ODin is ALWAYS stuck in 'SetupConnection' no matter what.

Search This thread

leijonasisu

Oct 2, 2011
I have tried everything on my wife's I9001 but I cannot get Odin to get past SetupConnection.

Here is a picture:

34squ74.png

I have tried:

Redownloading Odin 1.3 and 1.85 and also tried using Multi Downloader 4. (Which says that the .md5 file isn't supported).
Changing USB ports.
Using a Jig to boot Download mode.
Booting into Download mode normally.
Installing MobileODin except that I9001 is not supported.
Trying to flash a different rom other than 'I9001XXKQ1_I9001XXKPI_I9001DBTKP1_HOME.tar.md5'
Rebooting the computer over 9000 times.
Rebooting the phone over 9000 times.
Pulling the battery over 9000 times.
Reinstalling the drivers from Kies.
Turning USB Debugging mode off (was worth a try)
Using a different computer.
Reinstalling my OS (seriously, I had to do that anyway)
Leaving the phone plugged in for 30 minutes anyway just to see if it was working but not updating.

I am unable to boot into 'Recovery Mode' also the phone sh!ts itself and boots into 'RAM Dump' instead... where it requires a battery pull to reboot. So I can't even put the rom file on the internal memory and use recovery mode to flash it from there...

Basically nothing works at all. Odin 1.35 fails, Odin 1.85 fails, Multidownloader fails. I have tried rebooting, restart, and re-bloody everything I can. I have no idea why it won't get past setup connection. I've even tried using my second USB cable. It used to work fine, I used to be able to flash the phone fine.

Kies is NOT running in the background... there are no processes open or anything. I have googled and yahooed and everything to find a solution to this. NOTHING works..

Please help. I need to flash this dhfshfgdshgfshs phone as soon as possible. It's not working properly and it's really unstable..
If someone has any suggestions I am so willing to hear them..

Thanks a lot. - From a really frustrated dude

Last edited:

Romino_

May 2, 2010
I have tried everything on my wife's I9001 but I cannot get Odin to get past SetupConnection.

When you booted your phone, are you REALLY sure that you go into Download-mode?

When i was doing the same thing as you, i just enter Android Recovery (pressed Home+Vol Up+Power instead of pressing Home-Vol DOWN+Power)

Im not sure what buttons on your phone because im having a Note.

If you find this helpful, you could click Thanks :)

leijonasisu

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks mate but I worked it all out. For some reason my I9001 wasn't being flashed in Odin properly like I explained. I accidentally screwed up my download mode. Sometimes I could get into Download mode by holding the corresponding keys. Volume Down + Home + Power. Sometimes the phone would just go black with a white dot at the top left corner.

Using a Jig I was able to boot into download mode without hassle. I then used Multi Flasher 4 to flash my phone seeing as no matter what Odin 1.85 and 1.3 would not work.

After that I did a factory reset so the phone was basically flashed twice. Everything seems to work well now. Before the factory reset the phone would just get into a boot loop.

Thanks anything. FeMod or whatever the clockworkmod for the I9001 is, wasn't working either. It would just go blank when I chose an option.

It's ok now. Thanks anyway but this can be closed.

spaesani

Jan 4, 2011
Odin and xdadevelopers suck

Odin is buggy. Works on and off.
xda sucks because the owners of the site will have a single applicatoins dependencies spread across as many pages as possible in order to increase views and click through rates and sell ads to say, Bell Telecom perhaps?
F*n dicks at xda far as I'm concerned.
Wasting everyone's time and polluting the search results space.
Amen.

CRzz

Sep 26, 2010
I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy s2 (GT-i9100).

- Yes, Its really in download mode
- Have tried alot of diffrent versions of odin

My phone suddenly stopped working, can't start recovery and it doesnt boot at all.
The only thing I can do with it now is to enter download mode.
I might have flash something bad... dont really remember at all. ;)
Had kies installed both the first version and klies3, all uninstalled now without any change...

Sarfjoo

Mar 23, 2019
Tehran
Hi i have n915f samsonge note edge after last update very restart or frizz when i work whit and go on downloading mode with out i press any key.i go recovery mode and wipes cach drive and restart on factory but Dissolving problem.when i want flash whit odin and turn on debugging mode not turn on my phone but when put cabe onit and hold power+Home +and volum key go on downloading mode.and detects with odin but when start stuck on setup connection.
Please help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure Kies is not running. That was preventing me from connecting. :good:

When you booted your phone, are you REALLY sure that you go into Download-mode?

When i was doing the same thing as you, i just enter Android Recovery (pressed Home+Vol Up+Power instead of pressing Home-Vol DOWN+Power)

Im not sure what buttons on your phone because im having a Note.

If you find this helpful, you could click Thanks :)
    just do that

just enable usb debbuging :p