Please help, deleted wall paper picker and program monitor from Galaxy Grand

Search This thread

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Hello to members here.

Would be really grateful for any help with info' regarding my Galaxy Grand Dous GT-19082 running on 4.1.2. I like the phone a lot, and don't like the fact I accidentally deleted the wall paper picker and also the program monitor from the system with root delete app. So I can not use live wall paper now, or the program monitor

As said before, phone rooted, think using/has CWM. Apart from that it's standard.I didn't back up my phone with Titanium back up etc unfortunately. I have tried to see which ROM I am using, but can't find out, even under settings/about device. It must be a stock ROM I guess, as I only rooted it, didn't change ROM.

I have spent/wasted a day and a half so far trying to find info' on the web looking how I can re install these to the phone. Potentially frustrating. I have looked for the apk files but could not locate.

I am fairly basic with my knowledge on this techie stuff, so if anyone can explain as simply as possible and step by step. I would be most thankful. If I could pay somebody to do it, then I would probably be keen, just want my phone as it was again...

Thanks again, and respect in advance for any helps/info' and advise.

Sincere regards, Alex

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
Recklessly deleting a few, seemingly unimportant system files could have as destructive consequence as having to reflash your whole firmware via Odin. ;) That means you have to backup all your apps and datas. What firmware version are you on currently? Maybe some guys here can help extracting the files from the firmware package you mentioned, or else you might have to download the whole firmware (mind you, it's huge) and flash it via Odin.

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Hey Naufalhadyan, Thanks for the reply. Yes, was reckless and kind'a stupid deleting the files:eek::(.
My firmware is I believe 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
Hello to members here.

Would be really grateful for any help with info' regarding my Galaxy Grand Dous GT-19082 running on 4.1.2. I like the phone a lot, and don't like the fact I accidentally deleted the wall paper picker and also the program monitor from the system with root delete app. So I can not use live wall paper now, or the program monitor

As said before, phone rooted, think using/has CWM. Apart from that it's standard.I didn't back up my phone with Titanium back up etc unfortunately. I have tried to see which ROM I am using, but can't find out, even under settings/about device. It must be a stock ROM I guess, as I only rooted it, didn't change ROM.

I have spent/wasted a day and a half so far trying to find info' on the web looking how I can re install these to the phone. Potentially frustrating. I have looked for the apk files but could not locate.

I am fairly basic with my knowledge on this techie stuff, so if anyone can explain as simply as possible and step by step. I would be most thankful. If I could pay somebody to do it, then I would probably be keen, just want my phone as it was again...

Sincere regards, Alex

1. Boot into recovery, Volume UP + Home + Power
2. Select Install zip and choose this zip file - View attachment apps-update.zip
3. Let it install
4. Go back, select Wipe Cache
5. Go to advanced, select Wipe Dalvik-cache

Alternatively, extract the zip, mount your /system and copy the apks included and set their permissions to rw-r--r--

I couldn't find an exact apk that says Program Provider, so I'm included both possible ones.
Apks included:
- ApplicationsProvider
- SecLiveWallpapersPicker
- SecWallpaperChooser
- TaskProvider

All above apps are extracted from 4.1.2 XXAMF7 firmware directly.

The zip file will copy and replace the above system apps. Clearing cache and dalvik-cache will let your phone upgrade apps but no data will be lost, without it you might get Force Closes.
NOTE: Please make sure you back up your data before-hand, just in case

Last edited:
Reactions: SagarRox

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Hi Iceyhotguy,:)

Much thanks to you for the zip link and what seems like straight forward instructions.

I have spent a while trying to add the zip. When I go into recovery mode, it says it can not mound sd card. I have even payed for the premium version of CWM now, thinking I could add the zip this way, which I think I can, but again in recovery mode, it can not :(mount the sd card, which is where the file is download to. (I think)
Have downloaded the file straight to the phone aswell, but no luck yet.

I guess I have to install manually some how, you said ''Alternatively, extract the zip, mount your /system and copy the apks included and set their permissions to rw-r--r--'' . If you could be so kind to talk me through in baby steps (as I don't really understand this way) how I can do it this way, seeing the recovery mode way is not working for some reason.

Close,but not quite there yet.

Really hoping to fix my mistakes of accidentally deleting file soon, guess it's a good lesson, and I am learning more about this kind of thing, so not all bad.

Hope to hear back from you, and/or other members soon.

Thankyou,

Alex

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Spent ages trying to fix my phone, and research online how I ''copy the apks included and set their permissions to rw-r--r--'' can't do it, getting frustrating..
Also I read online that using CWM as a recovery is not needed on a stock ROM and the error message in recovery 'can't not mount sd card'' can happen with stock rom and CWM....
Would really appreciate some help to fix this. Thanks:good:

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Managed to try change permission with a root explorer program, though it says some files do not allow permission change, so seems I can not so this either

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
Spent ages trying to fix my phone, and research online how I ''copy the apks included and set their permissions to rw-r--r--'' can't do it, getting frustrating..
Also I read online that using CWM as a recovery is not needed on a stock ROM and the error message in recovery 'can't not mount sd card'' can happen with stock rom and CWM....

Reflash the CWM for 4.1.2 with Odin from here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42349036&postcount=1
That'll fix the sdcard issue. If it doesn't try putting the zip file in internal memory.

I explained how to copy bootanimation file here in steps and paste it back in /system/media with setting permissions : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46010766&postcount=2
The same principle will apply when copying apks from the above zip file, take all 4 apks, and paste them in /system/app folder then follow my post above to set permission.

Reactions: mr_b_alex

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Reflash the CWM for 4.1.2 with Odin from here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42349036&postcount=1
That'll fix the sdcard issue. If it doesn't try putting the zip file in internal memory.

I explained how to copy bootanimation file here in steps and paste it back in /system/media with setting permissions : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46010766&postcount=2
The same principle will apply when copying apks from the above zip file, take all 4 apks, and paste them in /system/app folder then follow my post above to set permission.

Thanks for the info' s. Have tried, done what was well explained, but still no luck..

Think I try to reflash the stock rom via odin, if you have any links /info' on this, that would be great, thanks

SagarRox

Oct 31, 2013
Bangalore
www.dedirdp.com
2. Select Install zip and choose this zip file - View attachment 2581684
3. Let it install

Alternatively, extract the zip, mount your /system and copy the apks included and set their permissions to rw-r--r--

I couldn't find an exact apk that says Program Provider, so I'm included both possible ones.
Apks included:
- ApplicationsProvider
- SecWallpaperChooser
- TaskProvider

The zip file will copy and replace the above system apps. Clearing cache and dalvik-cache will let your phone upgrade apps but no data will be lost, without it you might get Force Closes.

Thanks a ton man, this worked for me and now I re-installed Live Wallpaper APK. Could not install via any root perm enabled file manager. Sumit pointed me here, thanks to him too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to members here.

Sincere regards, Alex

2. Select Install zip and choose this zip file - View attachment apps-update.zip
    3. Let it install

Apks included:
    - ApplicationsProvider
    - SecWallpaperChooser
    - TaskProvider