[KERNEL] [03.14.14] Beastmode DLXPUL | GCC Linaro -Ofast compiled s2w/dt2w bbm mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Matri}{

Jun 6, 2007
Kyiv
Kernel installed on MaximusHD 12.0.1 + Xposed + Sense 5 Toolbox.
s2w, s2s, dt2s - disabled

microSD card is visible, no problem with turn off/on

Thanks!

Reactions: Zarboz

pkalltheway2000

Mar 28, 2012
Hi OP, don't mean to rush you or anything but will we expect your updated kernel soon? i'd really like the function DT2W on my BS...thank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

banner4o.png
    The Beastmode-DLXPUL kernel Project

This is a Kernel for the hTC butterfly s the source is from HTC with mods by myself. You can find my modified source code at https://github.com/zarboz/Monarudo_M7_port/tree/dlxp_ul

What is Sweep2wake?

It Allows you to make a Sweeping action along the bottom of your screen to sleep the screen (mimics action of the power button)* and swip left to right anywhere on the screen to wake

What is msm_mpdecision?

100% kernel based multi core decision! (should cpu1 be online or not?)
    This replaces your /system/bin/mpdecision binary which is ignored in init.rc now.

Check /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/ for the configuration.
    Check /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/ for the configuration.

startdelay = time until mpdecision starts doing it's magic (20000)
    delay = time between checks (70)
    pause = if something else plugs in the cpu, fall asleep for 10000ms (10 secs)
    scroff_single_core = if the screen is off, don't plug in cpu1/2/3. Additionally: Unplug all cpus except cpu0 when screen is turned off (1)
    enabled = enable(1) or disable(0) mpdecision. This does not affect scroff_single_core!
    min_cpus = min cpus to be online, cannot be < 1. Default: 1
    max_cpus = max cpus to be online, cannot be > 4. (if you set it to 2 and min_cpus to 1 you will basically have a dualcore) Default: 4
    idle_freq = a value against that will be checked if a core +/- is requested. (486000)
    If cpu0 is below that value and a core up of another cpu is requested, nothing will happen.
    If any other cpu is above that value and a core down of that cpu is requested, nothing will happen. (otherwise it would now put down that cpu even though it is still working, which isn't what we want)

Hot plug thresholds (aka now it gets 'complicated')
    This small formula calculates which value will be used: (number_of_cpus_online - 1) * 2
    The result of this formula will be the nwns_threshold where a new cpu is hotplugged.
    The result of this formula + 1 will be the nwns_threshold where a cpu is unplugged.

nwns_threshold_x = runqueue threshold, if this is reached cpuX will be hot/unplugged
    twts_threshold_x = time threshold, this amount of time must have passed for the related action to be taken (hot/unplug)

Example:
    One cpu is online.
    (1 - 1) * 2 = 0 ergo:
    nwns_threshold_0 = cpu1 will be hotplugged at this value
    ((1 - 1) * 2) + 1 = 1
    nwns_threshold_1 = cpu0 will be unplugged at this value
    Since we can't unplug cpu0 this is '0'.

Two cpus are online.
    (2 - 1) * 2 = 2 ergo:
    nwns_threshold_2 = cpu2 will be hotplugged at this value
    ((2 - 1) * 2) + 1 = 3
    nwns_threshold_3 = cpu1 will be unplugged at this value

etc...

The default values are:
    NwNs_Threshold: 12, 0, 25, 20, 32, 28, 0, 35
    TwTs_Threshold: 140, 0, 140, 190, 140, 190, 0, 190
    Where the position and function of the number equals the result of the above explained formula

What is msm_thermal?

Kernel based 3-phase thermal control!
    This replaces your /system/bin/thermald binary which is renamed by the installer to thermald_backup.

Check /sys/kernel/msm_thermal/conf/ for the thermal configuration

• allowed_max_high = highest threshold (phase 3)
    • allowed_max_low = remove the throttling if we cooled down to this (clr_thrshold)
    • allowed_max_freq = max frequency if throttled (limit)
    [...]mid[...] = same as above, just for phase 2
    [...]low[...] = Lowest threshold (phase 1)

check_interval_ms = how often shall we check? (sampling rate)
    Default: 1000ms (=1sec)

What is ARM Topology:
    ARM Topology allows individual queue'ing of tasks to cores by the scheduler, For intelligent load balancing and more data crunching power. This has come from the Linaro Team you can view the most recent patch at from http://patches.linaro.org/9894/ all patches at http://patches.linaro.org/project/linux-arm-kernel/

If you dont see something on future plans that you would like. Please shoot me a message

would like to extend thanks to:
    Show-p1984 For the creation of sweep2wake and the endless hours of help he lent to get it going on all my devices
    please visit him at Bricked.de For his latest updates
    Sbryan12144,Crpalmer,DSB9938,Elkay, Ca1ne, Mdeejay, Faux123, DooMLorD , TwistedUmbrella, Imoseyon. ThickLizard, ToastCFH, Rydah805, The people who donated and continue to donate, and all the great people on XDA

all upstream patches came from kernel.org and were applied using the standard patch command and then cleaning up .rej files as they come
    some upstream patches were cherry-picked from github and are noted as such

Thanks So much to my Team for pushing me to do things i never would have thought i could do or be a part of

DISCLAIMER: We, Team Blackout, Nor myself are responsible for bricks broken devices
    lost souls zombie attacks sudden death missing alarms for work and or shorter lifespan of your device
    should you choose to overclock it does break manufacturer specs. By downloading and using this kernel you agree
    that You, the end user, are 100% responsible for any and everything that may happen after use
    that being said.. Have fun :D
    first return:
    installed width dt2w on MaximusHD 12 and Sense 5 Toolbox
    Randomly impossible to wake up with power button or dt2w
    non-recognized μSD

I have verified finding and am working to resolve

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Downloads 4.4.2 ROMS only
    REMOVED
    Kernel flashed via CWM on maximusHD 12.1
    Sweep to wake doesn't work
    Sweep to sleep works
    DT2W works
    SD card can't be detected
    And yes phone died on me once had to restart holding the power button

Otherwise it's blazing fast and smooth. All using normal settings not custom.

If you chose sweep 2 sleep the sweep to wake is automatically turned off

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thread closed due to OP's grossly unethical conduct unbecoming of an XDA Developer.