My Thoughts on XPERIA L updates

Search This thread

XperiaAwesome2000

Mar 8, 2014
Frankfurt
Hello Guys, Many of us complian about we dont know any Informations yet about an Android 4.3 update.
Today i looked on PTCRB (still nothing new) ,but i looked up the PTCRB page about the XPERIA U (predecessor of the XPERIA L). And it got tons of Certified updates (Most of them are Minor Updates but there are two Major Updates listed) , so i think we should get more than these 6 Updates :angel:

I Have attached an Image about the 2 PTCRB Pages

What do you think about my thoughts let me know ! :D

-sorry for my english :D

Last edited:

honglong

Apr 18, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Hello Guys, Many of us complian about we dont know any Informations yet about an Android 4.3 update.
Today i looked on PTCRB (still nothing new) ,but i looked up the PTCRB page about the XPERIA U (predecessor of the XPERIA L). And it got tons of Certified updates (Most of them are Minor Updates but there are two Major Updates listed) , so i think we should get more than these 6 Updates :angel:

I Have attached an Image about the 2 PTCRB Pages

What do you think about my thoughts let me know ! :D

-sorry for my english :D

The updates are pretty poor and communication from Sony is awful. Why they choose to update Xperia M (underspec'd compared to the L) is beyond me. But then again, they released 4.4 ASOP for L. Maybe if they release a fully functional generic 4.4 ASOP that would heal the wound :)

XperiaAwesome2000

Mar 8, 2014
Frankfurt
The updates are pretty poor and communication from Sony is awful. Why they choose to update Xperia M (underspec'd compared to the L) is beyond me. But then again, they released 4.4 ASOP for L. Maybe if they release a fully functional generic 4.4 ASOP that would heal the wound :)

That i dont Understand too, the Xperia M is in every point a much worser Phone than our XPERIA L , why give Sony it an update , we only have an Buggy vesion of 4.2 .B ut your point sounds interresting, Almost all devices from Sony that had become AOSP (except xperia s), became the Update to the Specific
Version from Sony

-Sorry for My English

honglong

Apr 18, 2007
Nottinghamshire
That i dont Understand too, the Xperia M is in every point a much worser Phone than our XPERIA L , why give Sony it an update , we only have an Buggy vesion of 4.2 .B ut your point sounds interresting, Almost all devices from Sony that had become AOSP (except xperia s), became the Update to the Specific
Version from Sony

-Sorry for My English

I would be happy with 4.4 ASOP without any Sony Junk if Sony can't be bothered to release 4.3

It's not great customer service and it means a very good phone won't become updated and I won't buy Sony again. If they plan to update say so, if it's end of life. Say so.

I have a feeling they will do nothing, wait till 18 months support period has expired then drop it.

XperiaAwesome2000

Mar 8, 2014
Frankfurt
I would be happy with 4.4 ASOP without any Sony Junk if Sony can't be bothered to release 4.3

It's not great customer service and it means a very good phone won't become updated and I won't buy Sony again. If they plan to update say so, if it's end of life. Say so.

I have a feeling they will do nothing, wait till 18 months support period has expired then drop it.

Our phone had been added to the AOSP project months ago but only for unlocked bootloaders, and i hope sony will do something and update our because we spent more money on a better phone and we only get 4.2 if we dont get 4.3/4.4 that would be silly

id202

Jun 12, 2008
Ruse
Our phone had been added to the AOSP project months ago but only for unlocked bootloaders, and i hope sony will do something and update our because we spent more money on a better phone and we only get 4.2 if we dont get 4.3/4.4 that would be silly

Actually I am almost sure for two things:

Sorry won't release anything more for that expensive brick, because it looks for me that there is more hardware issues and maybe lack of drivers from Qualcomm. Also keep in mind crappy cameras (both of them are awful), totally bad touchscreen and most awful brand - they became more "stay away brand" than chinese ZTE and Huawei brands, which these days here are considered as OK here ...

Personally my Xperia L would not survive to the end of warranty - either it will be sold on half of it's price or will be killed - today it flied ~6 times to the floor,because 9 times sound got routed to earpiece instead of speaker.

Generally this Sony are scammers these days and should not be trusted for anything. Btw this was my last product from Sony - they are gone in my blacklist like HP and Nokia.... got very bad experience with these brands and will never come back to them.

XperiaAwesome2000

Mar 8, 2014
Frankfurt
Actually I am almost sure for two things:

Sorry won't release anything more for that expensive brick, because it looks for me that there is more hardware issues and maybe lack of drivers from Qualcomm. Also keep in mind crappy cameras (both of them are awful), totally bad touchscreen and most awful brand - they became more "stay away brand" than chinese ZTE and Huawei brands, which these days here are considered as OK here ...

Personally my Xperia L would not survive to the end of warranty - either it will be sold on half of it's price or will be killed - today it flied ~6 times to the floor,because 9 times sound got routed to earpiece instead of speaker.

Generally this Sony are scammers these days and should not be trusted for anything. Btw this was my last product from Sony - they are gone in my blacklist like HP and Nokia.... got very bad experience with these brands and will never come back to them.

Okay at the Moment i have no issues with the camera and the Touchscreen maybe i have chosen a good modell of the L, but you are right if Sony wouldnt make updates fort this phone they would become a stay away brand and at the moment Sony must work harder on Updates because they have not much money at the time and that is the Problem of Sony they release too much phones and gave no Updates other brands like Samsung gave the S2 4.1 and at this time the s2 was 2 years old and the arc s Sonys Flagship at the Time never saw 4.1

PS I really like Sony they made good and Products but Support on the Phones they make is really bad

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
I'll explain you some facts!

If you look at xperia U and Xperia L, they both were updated for about a year. The number of updates for xperia U only means, developers were lazy to fix bugs so they had to push more small patches to fix the bugs!

If you still want to question, xperia L has a month left in comparison to xperia U, I'll like you not to overlook x.x.x.17 update which isn't mentioned in the image!

About xperia M got 4.3 and not xperia L, the reason is that xperia M was released few months after xperia L; thus the support for one year meant, it had to be updated till 4.3 but xperia L had completed its one year when the time to update lower end devices came!

If you are wondering, if we would get 4.4 or 4.3 , it is highly UNLIKELY! Don't put your hopes too high!

The reason why source for 4.4 was released, it was only to shut mouth of xperia L owners so it could seem, Sony is working on 4.4 for xperia L and in the mean time, the time frame of one year of update could pass! 4.4 was supposingly in works for xperia L until, Sony decided to ditch it and released buggy 4.4 so it could work on new devices which were released by Sony like M2, T3 etc.

I hope this enlightenment would be enough for you all!

Lazynestor

Apr 6, 2014
Mars
Its hopeless waiting for 4.3......i think sony wont even update xperia L...... The best way is to unlock bootloader, root and install a new rom....
M done waiting!!!!!!

Please do hit the 10xxx button!!!

RabbiShe

Jun 30, 2014
Its hopeless waiting for 4.3......i think sony wont even update xperia L...... The best way is to unlock bootloader, root and install a new rom....
M done waiting!!!!!!

Will there be unofficial android L for experia L? I am afraid of losing my warranty however.

Emannxx

Sep 10, 2013
M done waiting!!!!!!

The problem, in my opinion, is that there are tons of people which cannot unlock their bootloader (like me) due to carrier restrictions. We are stuck with stock pretty much forever. And it sucks.

Mystery000777

Jan 22, 2014
True Story

The problem, in my opinion, is that there are tons of people which cannot unlock their bootloader (like me) due to carrier restrictions. We are stuck with stock pretty much forever. And it sucks.

True ****in story. I spent a ****load of money on this rock and now i cant even flash a custom decent rom, not to talk about the ****tiest stock kernel i've seen in a phone. **** you Sony, **** you carriers and **** you overpriced phones. I bough this for 200 euros and my carrier is asking me 50 more to unlock the carrier status so that i could be able to go to sony and unlock the bootloader. Tell me if this isnt a joke! And remember, its not 250 bucks, its 250 euros, about 340 bucks! WTF???

With this ammount of money i should have bought a nexus 5 and i wouldnt have to care about this problems. never buying a phone in my country again.

Good luck for you guys and i wish the best to all unlocked bootloader. Im seriously thinking about selling my phone if i dont get a proper update.
If sony can afford making phones, they should also be able to give them proper technical support...

Reactions: adil089

honglong

Apr 18, 2007
Nottinghamshire
True ****in story. I spent a ****load of money on this rock and now i cant even flash a custom decent rom, not to talk about the ****tiest stock kernel i've seen in a phone. **** you Sony, **** you carriers and **** you overpriced phones. I bough this for 200 euros and my carrier is asking me 50 more to unlock the carrier status so that i could be able to go to sony and unlock the bootloader. Tell me if this isnt a joke! And remember, its not 250 bucks, its 250 euros, about 340 bucks! WTF???

With this ammount of money i should have bought a nexus 5 and i wouldnt have to care about this problems. never buying a phone in my country again.

Good luck for you guys and i wish the best to all unlocked bootloader. Im seriously thinking about selling my phone if i dont get a proper update.
If sony can afford making phones, they should also be able to give them proper technical support...

Have you contacted Sony and signed the petition?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Will there be unofficial android L for experia L? I am afraid of losing my warranty however.

Hell no. We haven't even got 4.3 yet!

id202

Jun 12, 2008
Ruse
Today's answer from Sorry mobile Bulgaria

Boys and girls (of course!)
Today I have contacted Sorry mobile Bulgaria regarding bug fixing update (I did not pretend for 4.3 or 4.4 - just a bug fixing update, whatever version of Android they want to release) and there was short answer - There is no known date from Sony mobile for update of Xperia L, and there is no known update to come. Rest of message was their usual "Sorry for you troubles, please repair via SUS" and other blah-blah stuff.

Whole Question and answer is in txt file in attachment. If you want to know whole question and answer - feel free to use Google/Bing translate services from Bulgarian....

Attachments

• Q_A.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 20

id202

Jun 12, 2008
Ruse
Okay at the Moment i have no issues with the camera and the Touchscreen maybe i have chosen a good modell of the L, but you are right if Sony wouldnt make updates fort this phone they would become a stay away brand and at the moment Sony must work harder on Updates because they have not much money at the time and that is the Problem of Sony they release too much phones and gave no Updates other brands like Samsung gave the S2 4.1 and at this time the s2 was 2 years old and the arc s Sonys Flagship at the Time never saw 4.1

PS I really like Sony they made good and Products but Support on the Phones they make is really bad

If they produce 3 phones in year and focus on their support for a longer time than release date + 3 months, probably they would get more users, respect from them and of course - more profit. With their policy to release bunch of garbage every month, they won't get any new customers and they are already on path to lose their old customers. I am personally one of big count of users which will never come back to SoRRy - there is simple explanation: New Xperia L on store are sold for 345BGN without contract, Xperia L sold on second hand sites with ~1 year and more warranty left is sold at 180-200BGN. My 4 years old HTC Desire on same second hand sites costs 100-180BGN depending on how it looks. BGN - stands fro New Bulgarian Leva (I am Bulgarian).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    True Story

BDW there roms for looked bootloader!!

Yeha but they all are based on Stock and Stock is not that good ;)

I dont say the roms based on Stock are bad but the Stock 4.2.2 is too buggy
    Ur buying mid/low end Phone and u expect 5years support. On what world are u living. And yet u cry u will never buy sony Phone... Go buy Z and then u will have updates

Wysłane z mojego C2105 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Actually if phone is working fine, there will be no cries. I am sure that Z won't be better built than L, M, T and so on. If you take a look over forums here and Xperia (don't) Care - you will see that on Z's have very serious bugs too. It is a problem of a brand - when it is a Sony-Something - product is well looking because of Sony and well working because of Something. When Something is gone - there are left one well looking crap. For example - look what happened with Sony-Ericsson, Sony-NEC DVD Drives .... Just they are missing care for customers which slowly will force them to get in same corner as Nokia, RIM, HP's iPAQ subsidiary and maybe more ...