The "all-in-one-location" XDA Skyrocket General Info/Root Method/Kernel/ROM Thread!

Search This thread

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
The "all-in-one-location" XDA Skyrocket General Info/Root Method/Kernel/ROM Thread!

Welcome all SGSII-Skyrocket owners (and anyone else)!

My purpose is to help organize some general info, root methods, kernels, and (constantly updated) ROMs into one thread with links. I do not take credit for ANY work posted in this thread as they should be given to their respective creators (and porters). Also, I am not responsible for any action(s)/damages you take that are from flashing or changing your device from the way you received it when it was purchased. So basically what you do with the information you find here is on YOU!

I hope that ALL questions and requests related to linked content will be posted in the appropriately linked thread(s). Hopefully, we can keep this organized and easy to read and update. Any dates are in a "MM.DD" format and are derived from the most recent date the OP of each thread was updated (in a subtle attempt to continue having devs update their OP any time they update their creations...though our devs seem to be cooler and smarter than the rest IMO :p).

[General Information]
(Here will be info and links to info that can be considered useful to all users of the Skyrocket whether they decide to root/rom their devices or not.)

NEW: AGPS Patch Galaxy S II 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK MORE SATS A few members are reporting great results with this. Please read directions fully on the subject thread!

All in One guide This is a great thread by AppDroid (thanks!) with multiple posts on different subjects (terms, flashing, rooting, etc) if you're new to customizing your phone I suggest you give it a look.
Odin: Return to Stock, fix soft brick ...for those who are in this situation
[Dev]SC-03D_DCM_SC03DOMKK3_SC03DDCMKK3...this is the official stock rom for the Japan NTT DoCoMo Galaxy S II LTE.
"Donation Rotation" Thread Now closed! xboarder56 now has a Skyrocket! Thanks to all who helped!

[Rooting Methods]
(This section will link to known and WORKING ways to root your Skyrocket.)
ROOT | CWM | ODIN | SGH-I727 and SGH-I727R Skyrocket ...This is the method I used to root my Skyrocket.
ROOT [ACS] Skyrocket Easy Root - Windows/Mac/Linux
SuperOneClick v2.3.1 (using zergRush) ...a "SUPER" easy way to root (thanks kornklown69 for bringing this up!)
S2 Root v1.5.1 - One Click Root and UnRoot solution for ALL SAMSUNG Devices Was posted in the SGSII forum but says it's for all Samsung androids...the reason I posted this one is because it's supposed to be able to unroot, please post below if you have successfully got this to work! Thanks!

[Kernels]
(This will link to any kernels that are created/being worked on for the Skyrocket.)
Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/BLN 01.10
AT&T/Rogers dag .42 1.83GHzOC/UV/init.d/BFQ/BLN/FUSE/adb root/optimized 12.23
Cyanogenmod Skyrocket Kernel 0.43pre v4 12.19
AT&T Stock-ish 0.1 BLN/USB-OTG/NFS/FUSE/init.d/adb root/boot animation 12.07
i727 stock kernel odin 11.10

[Radios/baseband]
By a valid request this section includes links to radios for the Skyrocket. Since the homie twopumpchump has made a thread dedicated to this I will link to that thread.
Skyrocket Radio Thread maintained by TwoPumpChump

[ROMs]
(With our Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket gaining more attention and ownership, I expect our current developers...THANK YOU!!!!...to gain some new developers that will add to the growing list of available ROMs. There are other ROMs out there (not many) but I didn't want to post links to other forum sites. So instead, I will say this is not a complete list of available ROMs but it is all of them available on the XDA Developers SGSII Skyrocket Forums. NO links will go directly to the downloads, instead they will link to the threads. This will hopefully force people to see any instructions and warnings that are related to those ROMs directly from their creators.)
dsixda's Android Kitchen - Now supports SGS2 Skyrocket! Thanks to dsixda!!! This is a guide for understanding and assisting building ROMs.
MiUI Rom thread OP clearly states that this is a work in progress...only here for us to keep track of it's development
---
Sky Ice Cream Sandwich (2.3.5-ice-creamsandwich) Multiple Flavors 02.05!!
[ROM]CyanoTouchwiz Rocket --- Cm7base ICS theme 02.03!!
[ROM] DJ ICS V1.0.3 & ICS+ V1.0.3 [Sky Ice + ICS Perfection] 02.02
[ROM]UXKJ7.Cobra-beta 02.02
[ROM][UXKJ2]Buoyancy v1.3.1||Rogers/AT&T| 02.02
[UCKJ2] // NeXusM0D Version 2.0 // [AOSP Like] 01.28
[UXKJ2] // NeXuSM0D UX Version 3.4 // [AOSP Like] 01.28
SKYCoca Cola Classic (The Speedier Freak) 01.26
Alien ★ Build #5.5 ★ 01.24
Venom Stock Rc9.8 01.24
[2.3.6] Super Stock (AT&T Skyrocket) 12.27
{KK1 At&t}Red Sonja|*BETA*| TheCollective Custom Build 12.23
Space Pirate 1.0 RC1 {2.3.5 - KJ7} 12.20
CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Alpha Version 4 12.19
UXKJ7|CWM|AT&T/ROGERS|DEB&DEO|NOCIQ SkyROCKeteer 2.0 Beta 1*ICON FIX 12.08
TPC v3 2.3.5 | Da_G OC Kernel | IMG Flash | ATT | Rogers 12.08
QuikWiz v1.0.3||Overclock||CRT||Xloud||Bravia||2.3.5||Ciq free||Fast||248mb 12.04
Stock 2.3.6 rooted flashable zip 11.30
SGH-I727R_RWC_I727RUXKJ7_I727RRWCKJ7_I727RUXKJ7 11.30 ...official ROGERS stock ROM for SGH-i727R
Rogers/AT&T|CWM|BONESTOCK|DEBLOATED|DEODEXED| BoneSTOCKeteer 11.26
ADT Stock AT&T Rooted Base 11.10
I727UCKJ2 [Android 2.3.5] 10.15 ...this is a stock AT&T ROM

Stock Recovery.tar for I727UCKJ2 11.25 ...found this in the general section

I'm still working on this but will be open to suggestions on how to keep this organized and up-to-date (eventually I'll streamline it down a bit and remove my side comments). PLEASE try and keep comments in this thread related to making it better, helping me/us keep it updated, and also links to any findings that aren't included. Finally, anyone who either wishes to have their content posted here, updated, or removed from here please PM me and I'll do my best to get it sorted out. Thanks!

Last edited:

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
This is a good idea and thanks... but it doesn't belong in the Development section.
Thanks for your input. Where do you think it should be? All the linked threads (besides one) are located within the Development section so imo a compilation (or index if you will) should be in the dev section too and at the top. Also, this isn't the first thread of it's kind. I'm sure you've seen a thread like this in each of the dev forums just to bring some kind of organization to the many roms and dev related convos/discussions.

If there is a better place for it to be then run it by the Moderators and see what they think.
PLEASE try and keep comments in this thread related to making it better, helping me/us keep it updated, and also links to any findings that aren't included
Have a good weekend! :D

skrambled

Mar 2, 2011
New Hampshire
Thank you for starting this. I think this does belong in the Development forum and should be stickied once it gets where it needs to be.

Anywho, my suggestion is to add a section for CWM-flashable modems. There are only a couple of baseband versions out now but I'm sure that as time goes on and more updates/leaks come out that people will want the ability to use the one they want with whatever rom.

Reactions: InSaiyanone

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
Ok I'll take a look for the threads when I get off work and add them ...or you could be a pal and PM me the links so I can add them easily. Thanks for your help and opinion!

Reactions: Bajanman

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
Should we organize the roms by date updated (most recent placed at top of that section) or should we organize it by ciq/no ciq? I'm currently leaning towards by date but it's a valid question.

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
Thanks for your input. Where do you think it should be? All the linked threads (besides one) are located within the Development section so imo a compilation (or index if you will) should be in the dev section too and at the top. Also, this isn't the first thread of it's kind. I'm sure you've seen a thread like this in each of the dev forums just to bring some kind of organization to the many roms and dev related convos/discussions.

If there is a better place for it to be then run it by the Moderators and see what they think.
Have a good weekend! :D

just saying... :)
Seen these threads made before (i.e. GSII i-9100) and the usual rules of [Dev] section is "If you didn't build it yourself, it doesn't belong in the Dev section." Since this is more a [Ref]erence... then....
but its always up to the moderator. :D

Either way, this is a useful thread

Reactions: InSaiyanone

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
Yeah I got u cue, I really wanted to plan ahead for this forum and help out the Mods to keep it structured.

Again, if you see anything I can add to this please post or pm me. Also, maybe a message to some of the devs that haven't posted their roms here might be good idea to encourage them to create a thread here on XDA and show that we're being pretty pro-active on making the most out of our awesome device. Thoughts on that?

Top Liked Posts