[Q] Whatsapp for free?

Search This thread

Android_Asim

Apr 11, 2011
Kuwait
so what if i have already installed on my android? can i put my SIM card on the iPhone, then re-register and get a new expiration date????? thanks

alwaseem

Nov 9, 2011
Jeddah
i purchased the iphone version for $0.99 when i was using iphone 4 then switched to sgs2 and mine shows expiration of oct 2020, didnt pay for android one

yeah, that is because you don't buy the app on android, you pay for your Account.
so when you bought it on iPhone, you registered with your phone number, which is your account.

FelipeRRM

Aug 10, 2010
Strange, it should be a one-time-only purchase, like on the iPhone. Hate when this happens!

signedin

Oct 18, 2011
When did you get it? Like just? Or was there like a promotion sometime ago?

How you guys do the 2021 hack?

eSche

Oct 23, 2011
I never paid for it and have a license till 2020... and I reinstalled it a few times by now. I hope it will work for you guys too. I activated mine the first time in january 2011 I think (maybe was a promotion?)...

666fff

Nov 30, 2009
Hehe, mine expires on 7th of September 2021. No idea why, could be because I downloaded it when it was a beta.

adit07

Jul 18, 2011
Hehe, mine expires on 7th of September 2021. No idea why, could be because I downloaded it when it was a beta.

did you shift to android from IOS? if you did, that could be the reason.. I have friends who migrated from iphone to galaxy s2 and their whatsapp expires in 2021.

666fff

Nov 30, 2009
Nope. Just got it when it first came out. I think its because I got it when it was a beta, from outside the Market, so they gave the beta testers longer subscription.

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009
Is there a way to get whatapp for free after the free trial?
on iPhones it's 1 dollar to purchase it and you only pay one time.
in Android phones it's 1 year free trial and then 2$ per year...

Why do they even take money for it?
I mean, Kakaotalk is free anyway, and it's as good as whatsapp...

Please tell me if there's a way, even contact me in private messages if this is illeagal to talk about such things on here.

2$ for a years use of an app that you like :eek:..... its not that bad really is it???

snigapoe

Aug 15, 2011
i got my first android device and register for it already showing expired in 2012?
never pay at all

Gizmotech

Jan 19, 2011
2$ for a years use of an app that you like :eek:..... its not that bad really is it???

Well I think it is a rip off considering that apple users have to pay only £0.70GBP and we Android users have to pay $2 every year. It is unfair on the android users. I would not be complaining if they also had to pay $2 every year. It is just a matter of principles
Anyways, to get the same value for money as iphone users, disconnect the wifi/packet data (internet) on your android, get a friend who has an iphone to uninstall his app. Reinstall WhatsApp on the iphone using your phone number (Android). You will recieve an SMS on your Android phone. Input the 3 digit code in the iphone to verify the number. Once done, the friend can uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall again using his number. You just need to uninstall WhatsApp on your Androud phone, reconnect to the internet, download WhatsApp from the Market or their website and thats it. 10 years subscription for just £0.70. (free on downloaded jailbroken iphone).

There is absolutely no need to swap sim cards from one phone to the other. There problem solved. Now lets stop complaining. ;)

Robert333

Apr 15, 2011
Acctually WhatsApp is free, once your license expires, they will renew it for half a year. And they do this enless

jhigh

Nov 14, 2010
They have to do this endlessly, because only a few will pay for it. Whatsapp is nice to have but not necessary, there is viber, skype, gtalk and a lot other free IM services.

They have to change their buisness model, pay once on iOS while all other plattforms have to pay annually is simply not fair.

ImpheOtus

Apr 22, 2011
Puebla
nextiaanimaciones.com
Uninstall and re-download it from Market..

Simple :D

License time isn't related to the time the app has been on your phone, it is related to your phone Number. So no matter what you do you still have the same license time as the first time you set up your number. The only way to get more time is to switch to another phone number.

Also License could renew "automatically" as has been stated above but I haven't been able to check if it's true because my license expires on april. Guess we'll just have to wait.

ata1918

Jan 7, 2010
considering i can use up to 5000 messages a through whatsapp
2$ a year is nothing
I just paid for it via paypal.

Using an alternative is a no-go for me, since all my friends and family use whatsapp

asp2010

Oct 9, 2010
A lot of my friends use Whatsapp, but, honestly, out of all the alternatives I find it to be the worst choice. GTalk is very easy to use, but can be unreliable sometimes. I'd say go for Viber, but it happens to be being blocked by my carrier, so it's not an option for me.

I have yet to try GroupMe (by Skype) and I've also seen Beep (by IM+). Has anybody got experiences with these that they could share?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whatsapp is the best way to go.

Just pay the very reasonable and minimal fee and stop being a friggin' cheapskate then.
    If you buy it on the iPhone for $0.99 and then put your SIM in an Android phone you will get a free lifetime subscription on Android.

Well I think it is a rip off considering that apple users have to pay only £0.70GBP and we Android users have to pay $2 every year. It is unfair on the android users. I would not be complaining if they also had to pay $2 every year. It is just a matter of principles
    Anyways, to get the same value for money as iphone users, disconnect the wifi/packet data (internet) on your android, get a friend who has an iphone to uninstall his app. Reinstall WhatsApp on the iphone using your phone number (Android). You will recieve an SMS on your Android phone. Input the 3 digit code in the iphone to verify the number. Once done, the friend can uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall again using his number. You just need to uninstall WhatsApp on your Androud phone, reconnect to the internet, download WhatsApp from the Market or their website and thats it. 10 years subscription for just £0.70. (free on downloaded jailbroken iphone).

There is absolutely no need to swap sim cards from one phone to the other. There problem solved. Now lets stop complaining. ;)
    mine says

Account type

Paid

Service Expiration

Jun 26 2022

I have NOT paid for it either... bonus...

I just registred my number on friends iPhone whatssapp and now I have 10 years paid app on android, but didnt paid anything. Tnx
    i think just pay them they deserve it