[Q] Silly question about folders

Search This thread

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
I'll make this quick because it really doesn't warrant much more than a line or two. Recently I have been noticing that when I select an app from a folder then later quit that app the folder remains open. I have a lot of items in some of my folders so it effectively blocks the rest of my home screen. I feel like in the past these folders were closed when I returned to my home screen. Am I wrong or did I unwittingly change some setting?

Thanks!

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
You're not wrong that is exactly how it works on my phone.

Hmmm ... well I am going to keep snooping around the settings and see if I can find something I may have tripped or changed. Oddly enough this phone is one that I have made very little alterations to in terms of customization. I have rooted it and added some root-authorized apps (TBU, Wirelss Tether etc) but nothing really fancy. I was an idiot and took the knox-riddled 4.3 OTA so that sort of stopped my mods in their tracks.

This thing with the folders is so annoying! Though thanks for the info.

joekiv

Mar 19, 2013
Yonkers, NY
Hmmm ... well I am going to keep snooping around the settings and see if I can find something I may have tripped or changed. Oddly enough this phone is one that I have made very little alterations to in terms of customization. I have rooted it and added some root-authorized apps (TBU, Wirelss Tether etc) but nothing really fancy. I was an idiot and took the knox-riddled 4.3 OTA so that sort of stopped my mods in their tracks.

This thing with the folders is so annoying! Though thanks for the info.

We have similar setups. I'm rooted with custom recovery, but with stock 4.1.2 Rom. I didn't take 4.3 OTA. I don't think there is a setting for your folder problem. I think it is a 4.3 OTA bug. I have seen other posts with the same folder complaint by people on the 4.3 OTA

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
We have similar setups. I'm rooted with custom recovery, but with stock 4.1.2 Rom. I didn't take 4.3 OTA. I don't think there is a setting for your folder problem. I think it is a 4.3 OTA bug. I have seen other posts with the same folder complaint by people on the 4.3 OTA

Can we swear in these threads? Probably not. I think this bug is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I am so bummed that this knox deal has basically ended my customizing fun on the S3, I am going to leave this phone. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus on ebay that I have been playing around with. I thing it is finally time to officially jump ship. FU to the 4.3 OTA!

joekiv

Mar 19, 2013
Yonkers, NY
Can we swear in these threads? Probably not. I think this bug is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I am so bummed that this knox deal has basically ended my customizing fun on the S3, I am going to leave this phone. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus on ebay that I have been playing around with. I thing it is finally time to officially jump ship. FU to the 4.3 OTA!

Knox isn't blocking you from customizing. The locked boot loader is - and that's Verizon. Some recent good news however, is that Samsung just announced that they will be releasing the Kit Kat (4.4.2) update for the S3 to all carriers.

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
Well, a small silver lining. Thanks for the news. I'll have to try the upgrade and go from the any time line?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app