Can't update to new 4.4 OTA.. Goes to Odin mode?

Search This thread

BruteSource

Oct 4, 2008
I had safestrap on my mk2 I saw the update today so I Uninstalled safe strap after the OTA failed the first time and went into the screen that says DOWNLOAD and on the top says Odon mode and normal boot failed or something similar. Only way to get it to boot is to hold vol down and power then cancel to let it boot? I'm really excited to try the kk update but have no idea how to fix this problem? Thanks a million for any help!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I had safestrap on my mk2 I saw the update today so I Uninstalled safe strap after the OTA failed the first time and went into the screen that says DOWNLOAD and on the top says Odon mode and normal boot failed or something similar. Only way to get it to boot is to hold vol down and power then cancel to let it boot? I'm really excited to try the kk update but have no idea how to fix this problem? Thanks a million for any help!

Flash a no-wipe MK2 ROM, then you'll be able to take the OTA.
You've got to return the phone to factory stock, which means no xposed framework, no safestrap, nothing frozen, no "bloat" removed.
It's easier to just flash a factory stock ROM.

You MUST understand that you won't be able to root it once you take the Kit Kat OTA.
That is, you're potentially kissing root goodbye forever.

Reactions: decaturbob

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
You've got to return the phone to factory stock, which means no xposed framework, no safestrap, nothing frozen, no "bloat" removed.

You MUST understand that you won't be able to root it once you take the Kit Kat OTA.

How many times you think we will have to say this?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
How many times you think we will have to say this?

Hey come on you two guys have a couple more in ya I know you do!!

Hey .. How about Survival Mode?!?!? Lol I'm going you stay away from Q&A and let you guys clean up the mess.

You're doing a great job by the way though!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hey come on you two guys have a couple more in ya I know you do!!

Hey .. How about Survival Mode?!?!? Lol I'm going you stay away from Q&A and let you guys clean up the mess.

You're doing a great job by the way though!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I read the posts and do some chuckling...hey I took the update. ..can I root? ....like...did you think to check before you proceeded with ota. ...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.