Change Apps in Home Screen Bottom Dock

Search This thread

cotr

May 24, 2006
On my captivate there are four apps on the bottom of all home screens: Phone, Email, Browser, and Apps.

Any way I can change it? It doesnt seem to be accessible/customizable.

bern_tm

Mar 10, 2010
I havent found a way yet either....so doesn't seem possible. :(

Sent from my Samsung Captivate(tm) on AT&T

dressanderc

Mar 24, 2009
Nashville, TN
On my captivate there are four apps on the bottom of all home screens: Phone, Email, Browser, and Apps.

Any way I can change it? It doesnt seem to be accessible/customizable.

Yep, I figured it out. Follow this:

1. From the Home screen select "Applications"
2. Menu> View Type> Customizable Grid
3. Menu> Edit

You can now slide any App down to the bottom dock. You can even change it back to "Alphabetical Grid" and it will still save the Apps on the dock.

southsidedan

Jan 7, 2008
dressanderc, i love you for this!!
I spent 2 hours searching for ways to remove the email app and replace it with gmail.
THANK YOU!

dontshakepandas

Aug 22, 2007
I really prefer launcher pro over touchwiz. Are you asking how to change the buttons on the dock in launcher pro? If so, just hold down one of the little +'s until the menu opens up and go from there.

ccorces1

Jul 27, 2010
on a related note, is there a way to remove the different pre-loaded AT&T applications from the phone? there are a number that seem useless given other apps out there that do the same thing but better, but i can´t seem to figure out how to delete them.

hedford

Nov 7, 2010
keep your finger on the icon you want to move a second longer than normal (if you have your phone on vibrate, it will buzz) then you can move them around the screen as many or as much as you like. You can also drag them into a bin which will appear in the bottom of the screen. This action doesn't delete the app or icon, it just reappears in the apps page. Very easy but took me ages to work it out. So simple. Have fun