[Q] Samsung Remote apk (TV remote)

Search This thread

the_endjinn

Jun 24, 2010
whenitsajar.blogspot.com
Does anyone have the apk for the latest, v2.2.5, Samsung Remote app? I know it's not officially supported by the gnex but I've just got my first LCD TV (UE40D6530 even though you didn't ask) after having an SD CRT for donkeys and I heard it may work.

By the looks of it it's out there on various random sites but I really don't trust them.

Herman76

May 19, 2010
Trondheim
Does anyone have the apk for the latest, v2.2.5, Samsung Remote app? I know it's not officially supported by the gnex but I've just got my first LCD TV (UE40D6530 even though you didn't ask) after having an SD CRT for donkeys and I heard it may work.

By the looks of it it's out there on various random sites but I really don't trust them.

SamyGo Remote works with samsung tv's (UE55 even though you didn't ask :p ).

the_endjinn

Jun 24, 2010
whenitsajar.blogspot.com
Cheers, saw SamyGo but wasn't sure if it was for the newer ones and wanted to compare it to the real deal. Guess I'll just have to use that, my TV doesn't support twin view or dual view or whatever it's called anyway.

the_endjinn

Jun 24, 2010
whenitsajar.blogspot.com
Bump as I've got SamyGo which does work but doesn't allow for easy text input, say for searching iPlayer or using the built in web browser.

I've emailed Samsung to request an update to the app so it supports ICS but no idea how long that could take.

blacknsb

Dec 25, 2010
Does anyone have a copy they can post? The official Samsung app is the only one that allows you to turn your TV on with Bluetooth and I have heard that the apk works with the galaxy nexus.

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
Also interested. I have a le40652 possibley meant to have a B in there not sure. I don't think the official Samsung one supports my TV its one year too old, I never got on very well with this whole sammygo swapping TV firmwares I couldnt get it to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Beamer9408

Jul 17, 2011
Yeah I haven't tried it yet also not sure why that link isn't able to be clicked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Herman76

May 19, 2010
Trondheim
I tried the app (not connected to the TV), and it seems it's locked to a lower resolution so it won't go fullscreen. I still hope it works with my TV, since even with smaller graphics it is still better then sammygo :)

/edit: The app works, I've not tried it with Bluetooth only wifi.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts