new backcover

Search This thread

Silverstreet

Apr 10, 2011
Hey everyone.
I have the Mobii Tegra, the vega with the horrible backcover. Now want a new one, a matt one like one on the Vega.
Do you know where and how to get ist?
Bye, Silverstreet

rozza21

Jan 12, 2011
The Netherlands
Hi, il be working at carbon wrapping a back cover of a vega, il get the materials in a few days. I could take some pics if interested...?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rozza21

Jan 12, 2011
The Netherlands
The carbon finally arrived, here it is finished:
d97ac2e1-a6fa-f2e1.jpg

Reactions: richardmlea

richardmlea

Jul 13, 2011
I love it. It looks like the Vega2/shuttle. Is it just a skin or have you completely replaced the cover? It looks like a very tidy job. I woud like to do this to mine, where did you get the carbon and was it hard to make it fit as well as yours?
Cheers
Richard

rozza21

Jan 12, 2011
The Netherlands
I love it. It looks like the Vega2/shuttle. Is it just a skin or have you completely replaced the cover? It looks like a very tidy job. I woud like to do this to mine, where did you get the carbon and was it hard to make it fit as well as yours?
Cheers
Richard

Lol, it was quite a job. Because the vinyl is so thick, its quite hard to get it into place. This is how i did it:

I ordered a sheet of a4 self adhensive carbon style vinyl of ebey for about 3€.

Once it arived i removed half of it from its paper and positoned it above the vega. Then i put just a small bit of it on the vega, and made shure there were no bubbles by going over it with my fingers. Then i slowly put some more on and kept rubbing it on with my fingers. As soon as you get any bubbles, peel it back again, or youl f it up...

When you come to the middle of the sheet, remove al of the paper an rub it on.

When its tight and nice, get an knife, go along the bezel of the back, so there is a visable line.

Now remove the vinyl again, and paste it back on the paper it came on. Now cut along the line with a pair of scissors.

Now past the vinyl back on the vega like above with the rubbing style.

rozza21

Jan 12, 2011
The Netherlands
Oh yeah, when it finally on, you can stick all the overhanging bits between the bezel with the knife used to make the line, it has the be quite thin tho.

richardmlea

Jul 13, 2011
cheers rozza I will have a go at it myself.
Once again it looks great. The back of mine is a bit marked as I don't really like to use it in its case. With this mod I can use it out of the case without marking the back.:)

richardmlea

Jul 13, 2011
hi rozza,
Are you cutting holes for the screws? In the picture it dosen't look like you have cut any. How are you holding the back on?
Cheers,
Richard

richardmlea

Jul 13, 2011
ahh, I see. I need to be able to get my back off. I will still has a go and carefully cut the holes for the screws and speakers grills.

Bayton

Jul 10, 2009
Faringdon
As per the original question, I would also like to know if the backs are easily replaced or whether you'd struggle to find them.

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The carbon finally arrived, here it is finished:
    d97ac2e1-a6fa-f2e1.jpg

Cheers
    Richard

Lol, it was quite a job. Because the vinyl is so thick, its quite hard to get it into place. This is how i did it:

I ordered a sheet of a4 self adhensive carbon style vinyl of ebey for about 3€.

Once it arived i removed half of it from its paper and positoned it above the vega. Then i put just a small bit of it on the vega, and made shure there were no bubbles by going over it with my fingers. Then i slowly put some more on and kept rubbing it on with my fingers. As soon as you get any bubbles, peel it back again, or youl f it up...

When you come to the middle of the sheet, remove al of the paper an rub it on.

When its tight and nice, get an knife, go along the bezel of the back, so there is a visable line.

Now remove the vinyl again, and paste it back on the paper it came on. Now cut along the line with a pair of scissors.

Now past the vinyl back on the vega like above with the rubbing style.

Oh yeah, when it finally on, you can stick all the overhanging bits between the bezel with the knife used to make the line, it has the be quite thin tho.