[Q] Noob mistake....computer wont detect phone

Search This thread

jcampos719

Sep 5, 2010
I accidentally reformatted my droid incredible 2 /system while in clockwork recovery now no computer will detect the phone
tried restoring from backups, but still same problem

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
Did you wipe before restoring backups? Did you reflash the ROM? The /system folder is replaced every time you put a new ROM on.

jcampos719

Sep 5, 2010
yes ive rewiped every single time, and ive installed 3 different roms, cyanogenmod nightly 56 , rmk 2.3.3 and virtuous unity 2.37.0, all with same results, phone charges but i can not mount the sd.
ive even restored from back ups and nothing
ive tried connecting with windows 7, and while its trying to read the hardware
"android driver 1.0" fails (if that helps)

oxlong27

Feb 16, 2011
Beaver Springs Pa
have you tried formatting the sd card itself? If not try that, format as fat32. I've had this issue before and it turned out my sdcard was corrupted. Did you try another card?

Reactions: jcampos719

jcampos719

Sep 5, 2010
Yes, my phone does recognize my SD card, I've tried a different card and same result, I tried to format the second card to test out, and nothing. I then, for the hell of it, installed another ROM (incredible sensation) but this time through ROM manager, and I updated my recovery to 5.0.2.0. and now it works again, so thanks guys, maybe it was a combination of all these tips.

loonatik78

Feb 20, 2011
Yes, my phone does recognize my SD card, I've tried a different card and same result, I tried to format the second card to test out, and nothing. I then, for the hell of it, installed another ROM (incredible sensation) but this time through ROM manager, and I updated my recovery to 5.0.2.0. and now it works again, so thanks guys, maybe it was a combination of all these tips.

Is debugging checked? Are you selecting charge mode or disk drive mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does your phone recognize the sd card?
    have you tried formatting the sd card itself? If not try that, format as fat32. I've had this issue before and it turned out my sdcard was corrupted. Did you try another card?