[SOLVED]How to add a city in the TF3D weather tab ?

Search This thread

Lorien25

Jul 13, 2008
Hi, I am facing a problem here. I can't see any list of countries or cities after I launch WDE. It's just blank. I am using TLR 3 ROM.
fxs8lc.jpg

I tried installing it after disabling TFLO3D and resetting. Still no luck :(

I do have the same problem, i hope there is a solution somewhere.

dajudge01

Jun 14, 2008
Hi, I am facing a problem here. I can't see any list of countries or cities after I launch WDE. It's just blank. I am using TLR 3 ROM.
fxs8lc.jpg

I tried installing it after disabling TFLO3D and resetting. Still no luck :(

I am having the same problem on an O2 Germany ROM 1.37.207.2 GER. WeatherDBEditor only displays a empty drop down box and a empty list.

Softreset wouldn't help.

Any ideas?

bionx

Jul 12, 2008
Hi, I've the same problem too.

I can't set back the writeprotect of the _2330fc3c_manila?!
I would change it with the totalcommander but die setting can not be changed. The writeprotect ist ever active.
The way to use the firefox with sq_lite-addon is also impossible - the file on the diamond is writeprotect and so i cant copy the new file over the old file.

Any Idea?

Sorry for may bad english ;-)

daboutz

Jun 21, 2008
hi

im on TLR 3, and im using my modified database which i can actually choose my city from...everything s fine until i try to update, i get the message "there was a connection error while attempting to download weather data".

dunno how to fix this....

thanks

bluewarp

Feb 22, 2007
After a few struggles I got the weather working on the stock ROM and updated the database, but when I went to TLR 3 I can no longer add cities (like a few others I see). I am going to guess that it has something to do with the repackaged manilla from the new ROM. Can anyone confirm this is what is causing the blank screen on the database editor?

Akezzon

Jul 15, 2008
Found this on HTCClub.net.

http://www.htcclub.net

How to manually add cities. I havn't tested this yet since I don't have a Diamond yet. I will in a few days ( hopefully ) so I am reading, reading and reading about WM. Never had it before. :)

Hope the link helps you guys who havn't got it to work.

dajudge01

Jun 14, 2008
Excellent find :D
It worked on TLR3 and bElite rom without any problem while the other version didn't. I'll upload it here for convenience.

I second that. The repackaged version works nicely on my O2 Germany ROM while the original cab suffered from the blank country list problem.

Nice work on the application anyway! The diamond is really starting to shine with all these homegrown features :)

schmeichler

Jun 26, 2006
Have been watching these threads and finally tested this app - I'm on T-MOB Germany MDA Compact IV and it is not working.

Although my problem seems a bit different - I can add cities without problems but they dont update - always says 'IDS_STATS_0' below city name

Tried both versions - same result. Also I have deleted all cities and they are back ... again.

Any ideas? Am I missing something basic?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! you program ain't working anymore. please help me! i have touch pro! I've tried to add my city [LocId="EUR;RO;RO023;ORASTIE] . and then... the weather tab stoped working!.
    please help me to get it work!
    when i give command to update it returns me with the mesage: there was a connection error while attemting to download weather data. retry?

p.s: the internet is present on the phone. tested with youtube

Are you using a stock or standard ROM?

Try uninstalling the program and restartying your device. You should still have the custom cities that you added.

The reason it is not working is that it tells it to use the weather server not2advanced.com. This server went down sometime after August 2011, but probably closer to the beginning of 2012.

In the past custom weather cities required this server.

So, if that does not work, try applying this registry setting

[HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila]
    Weather.ServerURLOverride="http:// htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=%25ls&version=1&device=innovation"

(remove the space after // before htc.)