[Q] UCLD2 leak email.apk without Exchange security features?

Search This thread

algorhythm

Dec 19, 2007
Long Island, NY
I know with Gingerbread there were some email.apk files floating around (not gmail) that removed the security enforcement on Exchange servers, such as requiring a PIN or password to lock the phone, remote wipe, etc. Has anyone done this on the latest leak? I ran the first leak we got, and the email.apk app interface was different than the one in UCLD2. I can make the edits myself but I cannot get the .apk to compile, so I come to you guys for assistance.

algorhythm

Dec 19, 2007
Long Island, NY
From what I can read, that app just allows the policies (from Google Apps, it seems).

Basically the process for GB (and ICS I'm pretty sure) is to pull the email.apk from /system/app/ folder, unpack it with apk tool, modify a SMALI file (which I can do just fine), recompile the .apk and push to phone. The modification to the SMALI file is to always return "policy enabled" when asking for certain permissions, such as remote wipe enabled, PIN lock enabled, etc.

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
Somebody had mentioned to me once to try that for Exchange. In any case the APKs I have work flawlessly. Email.apk and Exchange.apk. Theyre on my dev machine so when I get there ill send them to you :)

Sent from my SGH-T989-IcyS-RC1 using xda premium

algorhythm

Dec 19, 2007
Long Island, NY
Somebody had mentioned to me once to try that for Exchange. In any case the APKs I have work flawlessly. Email.apk and Exchange.apk. Theyre on my dev machine so when I get there ill send them to you :)

Hmm, the apk files you have, are they modified or simply pulled from UCLD2? I can pull just fine, I just cannot compile.

The edit I am making is similar to this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=775007

But obviously on the latest leak's email.apk. It looks different than any other ICS email.apk.

When I try to compile on my own, I get an error similar to:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23909183&postcount=5

I will try one of the thread's suggestions in using the latest aapt.exe file, but I haven't made any progress on it :( I'd like to contribute to the forum by providing this fixed apk file though lol

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
Theyre pulled from GT I9100 build XWLP4. Exchange policy support out of the box

Ill upload in 10 minutes.

EDIT : i think i misread your post in a rush. Are you looking for APKs that dont require device admin priveleges? Trying to bypass allowing the exchange server control?

Last edited:

algorhythm

Dec 19, 2007
Long Island, NY
Theyre pulled from GT I9100 build XWLP4. Exchange policy support out of the box

Ill upload in 10 minutes.

Oh, no... all of the existing email.apk files do have exchange policy support... the issue is preventing the policies. I don't want to have to use a PIN to unlock my phone, but my exchange admin requires it, and it forces my phone to use it. Same with remote wiping.

The hack I am trying to do (or find if someone already did) would be to always say the phone is utilizing these features, when in reality it is not.

EDIT: Caught your edit. Yes, exactly.

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
Aha. Sorry about that. Misread it in class. Ill play around with it if i can.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: algorhythm

krackers

Oct 20, 2010
If you want, you can PM me the file along with the necessary edits; I will edit/recompile/resign it for you.

marcyspark

Apr 11, 2005
London
Hi all - any progress on the email.apk and exchange.apk files from ICS being altered and shared, without exchange policies governing?

Many thanks.

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
Hi all - any progress on the email.apk and exchange.apk files from ICS being altered and shared, without exchange policies governing?

Many thanks.

Yes. I I fixed my fix and will be in the next update of my rom DIGITAL EVOLUTION 2.

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Aha. Sorry about that. Misread it in class. Ill play around with it if i can.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium