{X10} [Discussion Room] CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia

Search This thread

zhalim

Nov 6, 2010
I'm using fxp117 but get error message trying to search for networks but gsm and data work. Also mobile standby eats >30% of batt. Anybody experience the same?

Sent from my X10i using XDA

ve6ay

Nov 20, 2010
Alberta
Unfortunately, I have come across a snag. My phone went kershnicket, and I need to reflash from stock. However, 117 comes with no kernel. 115 kernel (which is what everyone says to use) is no longer available.

Anyone willing to help a guy out who's looking for JUST the kernel (not the whole ROM - I have 117 downloaded already). I just need the kernel to get back into FXP CM9. Probably best to PM me the link in private out of respect to the dev's.

piotrtekien

Sep 18, 2011
Installation Problem

So heres the thing, I'm not a Developer but I have installed cyanogenmod 7 before without any problems. When I root my xperia x10 baseband 71 and then flash that fxp 115 kernel, wipe dalvik cache and full wipe and wipe battery stats, then i install the custom zip but it gives me an error. I looked it up and said that it might not be compatible with my phone, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version for my xperia. any help here?

(PS: the error is an assert failed error.)

Last edited:

ve6ay

Nov 20, 2010
Alberta
There's a quick fix, and a slightly messier fix.

Quick fix is in the Install Custom Zip menu, there's "Select ZIP file" menu option, then below that, there's a Toggle Script Assert's option. Toggle it, and you can try again.

If that doesn't work, try this:
  • Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Copy updater-script file to desktop
  • Open updater-script file from desktop with your favourite text editor (I use Notepad++).
  • Remove the top couple of lines where it says assert(getprop... yadda yadda)
  • Save the file
  • Copy newly-changed updater-script file BACK into the zip in the folder you took it from.
  • Close the ZIP
  • Copy it back to your phone
  • Try installing again.

That should fix your problem and allow you to install it. I had to do that when I originally came from MiUI to CM7. Took a while to finally figure it out, but once I did, it made life SO much easier.

Hope that helps, mate !

piotrtekien

Sep 18, 2011
it still gives an error (status 6) and yes it removed those lines but didn't fix the install, maybe I haven't removed enough sentances.

Quick fix is in the Install Custom Zip menu, there's "Select ZIP file" menu option, then below that, there's a Toggle Script Assert's option. Toggle it, and you can try again.

• Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Open updater-script file from desktop with your favourite text editor (I use Notepad++).
  • Save the file
  • Copy newly-changed updater-script file BACK into the zip in the folder you took it from.
  • Close the ZIP
  • Try installing again.

That should fix your problem and allow you to install it. I had to do that when I originally came from MiUI to CM7. Took a while to finally figure it out, but once I did, it made life SO much easier.

Hope that helps, mate !

Last edited:

pcmender2005

Dec 13, 2008
Sheldon Birmingham
Unfortunately, I have come across a snag. My phone went kershnicket, and I need to reflash from stock. However, 117 comes with no kernel. 115 kernel (which is what everyone says to use) is no longer available.

Anyone willing to help a guy out who's looking for JUST the kernel (not the whole ROM - I have 117 downloaded already). I just need the kernel to get back into FXP CM9. Probably best to PM me the link in private out of respect to the dev's.

FXP 115
http://www.mediafire.com/?odc6xu2sbk67q6s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Reactions: ve6ay

ve6ay

Nov 20, 2010
Alberta
@piotrtekien

You want to remove the first section where it talks about assert - should be three lines, the last one ending with a ); First line should be:
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
If you have anything else in the updater-script file above that line, remove it. That should solve your problem.

@pcmender2005
Thanks, you rock !

Reactions: pcmender2005

mikewinfoo

Apr 25, 2012
Help Dear Friends

Hello friends, I am having difficulty installing CM7 down because when the file relating to my device I can not find the folder that contains the kernel fxp not find the kernel inside the file "FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra signed.zip-"help me please.

rojamama

Apr 16, 2011
Auckalnd
One stop solution for all your problems

Hello friends, I am having difficulty installing CM7 down because when the file relating to my device I can not find the folder that contains the kernel fxp not find the kernel inside the file "FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra signed.zip-"help me please.

So heres the thing, I'm not a Developer but I have installed cyanogenmod 7 before without any problems. When I root my xperia x10 baseband 71 and then flash that fxp 115 kernel, wipe dalvik cache and full wipe and wipe battery stats, then i install the custom zip but it gives me an error. I looked it up and said that it might not be compatible with my phone, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version for my xperia. any help here?

(PS: the error is an assert failed error.)

• Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Save the file
  • Close the ZIP
  • Try installing again.

Hope that helps, mate !

Hi All,

Please see my thread for all your problems... (One stop solution for all your problems)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607452

Don't make the things complicated...

It is very simple to install the ROM (My thread gives step by step procedure for rooting, unlocking custom bootloader and installing custom ROMS).....

zhalim

Nov 6, 2010
Anyone got error message when using this :

Settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > network operators

Should be able to list and choose network operators. Tried searching on forum but found none.

sinatra_shinoda

Apr 21, 2011
Kota Kinabalu
Network Operators

Anyone got error message when using this :

Settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > network operators

Should be able to list and choose network operators. Tried searching on forum but found none.

Haven't encountered with such problem yet. :D:D:D

EDITED: Sorry, you must be talking about the CM9, right? As @colossus said, it's a known bug. :D

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2011
Pune
when i try to flash the FXP 117 CM9 rom, i get an error saying
"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10a" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "es209ra" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "es209ra"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip"

what am i doing wrong? i flashed the FXP 115 kernel using the flashtool and tried to flash the rom when i got this error.

Edit: Got the fix after searching.

Last edited:

kalack93

Mar 11, 2011
Bavaria
SIM Card problem

Hi all
I flashed cm9 fxp117 and everything works quite well.. but I have a quite big proble!
The phone doesn't recognize my sim card so there's no gsm working fo me.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

piotrtekien

Sep 18, 2011
Camera Problem

ok so I got CM9 working with gapps and installed all my apps and everything. I checked every setting from the CM9 and it's GODLY, I LOVE IT.

Is there perhaps a way to fix the camera? for example using the CM7 camera, I tried that SEMC thingy but it froze my phone making me reinstall my cm9 again. Any ideas to let the camera work in any way? or is it just waiting untill it gets fixed? if so, why is it so hard to make the camera work for the developers?

nanodroid

Nov 18, 2010
Fife,UK
I cannot install gapps right after rom, it tells me to switch to edify. I think there is only one recovery which is the cwm5. What am I doing wrong? I flashed the kernel 115

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"The only rule of CyanogenMod: You dont ask for ETAs."

Dear All,

This thread is created to separate non development post inside CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia Development thread and to keep it clean.

What can you post here?
    -Anything related to FXP & CyanogenMod
    -Installation problem
    -Non-FXP kernels for FreeXperia CM
    -possibly bug? (before forwarded to FXP, which its might not from the ROM)
    -problem with installation
    -previous version of FXP release.
    -All noob questions

What you should NOT post in development thread?
    -Thanks, Thank you or +1 (just hit button THANKS if someone else helped you)
    -Reporting the same bug that already been raised (please use/view BUGTRAKER before posting/reply)
    -Reporting bug on previous version (J & Team are development for latest version, not old )(you can post it here)
    -If you plan on downloading new release/the ROM (no need to mention, just download and report the bug)

I hope J / FXP and Team FreeXperia don't mind if i made this thread.

CyanogenMod Development Thread:
    {X10}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM7.2.0 - FreeXperia Project
    CyanogenMod 7.2 Installation Guide by colossus

{X10}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.0 - FreeXperia Project
    CyanogenMod 9.0 Installation Guide by colossus

Official CyanogenMod Website:
    CyanogenMod

If you like to donate:
    FXP paypal

and always hit THANKS to FXP and Team FreeXperia for a great ROM.

Fix for:
    {CM9.0} Unofficial Camera hack/fix. thanks to zdzihu

getprop" error... HERE , THANKS TO Hzu

DATA BUG FIX CM9 Thanks to G-par

uploaded.to working in U.S. Solution. Thanks to TAL333

Now let the discussion begin ;)

Cheers
    3g working on CM9.0 - FXP107 FreeXperia Project rom

Hello guys, i just succeded mobile data to work on CM9.0 - FXP107 FreeXperia Project rom. Here is how:
    Just download from the market HiAPN Global "https://market.android.com/details?id=net.hidroid.hiapn.ml&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5oaWRyb2lkLmhpYXBuLm1sIl0".
    Open the app.
    Click on DNS Check, read the prompt and then press ok.
    Go to bottom of the page and press change dns to write allowed.
    After that deactivate transmitter ( it is the second button from the top of the same page, after the ping test ) and then again activate transmitter. After a few seconds you sould see the 3G icon over the signal bars.
    Thats it, mobile data is on and running.
    You may need to activate/deactivate transmitter on every restart.
    Hope i helped you, and by the way, excellent work FXP, love my new phone.:D
    Thanks, I've tried it last night with changing ro.product.mode. via PC, then adb push while I was in recovery..I succeeded, but I couldn't find zip on SDCard, so I flashed doomkernel, and now I'm back on Feralab's ROM, but when I have time, I will copy two ROM files on SDcard, one with ro.product.model = x10i and es209ra (but I think it's x10i)..anyway..Thank you ;)..

Cheers :D

Just remove the getprop lines from the updater-script in the .zip.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Hey developers and all others :D.. I'm using Xperia x10i (there is description in my signature - including that I'm on Unlocked Bootloader)

I have a problem..Well, it's about installation of CM9 update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed.zip and I have problem with getprop("ro.product.device"==x10i" || getprope("ro.build.product")=="x10i") ||| getprop("ro.build.product")=="x10a" || getprop("ro.product.device"=="es209ra" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="es209ra"
    E:Error in /sdcard/cm9/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed.zip
    (Status 7)
    and I know I have to change those values in /system/build.prop on my phone or in same file in updatexxx.zip file..

I'm asking you and I know someone can help..

So, below are lines from update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed.zip

ro.product.model=Xperia X10
    ro.product.brand=SEMC
    ro.product.name=X10i
    ro.product.device=es209ra
    ro.product.board=es209ra

So, Which lines I have to change, so I can install and try this CM9?

Again, remove the first 3 lines from the updater-script in the zip. It's the getprop lines.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

HOW TO FIX ASSERT FAIL (AKA GETPROP ERROR)

Alright, since there are so many people asking the same questions over and over without even trying to do some research (seriously, it took a very few mouse clicks and keyboard typing, because it has been answer thousands of times, or you're just trying to increase your posts count).

Anyways, to fix that "getprop" error, open the zip, and extract the update-script from /META-INF/com/google/android/. Open it with notepad or any other text editors you prefer. And remove the following lines:
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "X10i" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10a" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "X10a" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "es209ra" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "es209ra" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "es209ra");

And replace the existing updater-script from the zip with the one you just edited.

Yes, you can do this on your phone. I recommend ZArchiver to extract and archive the files(I am not sure if you can extract only one file and replace only one file). Oh, you can also try X-plore File Manager since it opens archives like folders, so you can just navigate to the folder, extract the file, edit it and copy it back into the archive. It should work that way.

Now, don't be lazy and do some research before you keep asking the same thing over and over. Yes, the community serves to help the people but it is very annoying to tell the same thing over and over again.

P.s. @OP, please include this message into the first post, or any other FAQ or Q&A thread for FXP ROMs. Thank you.
    Can any one upload 127 kernel please.:)

Here you go. Unzip it.
    Autorotate 113 7.2 fix

After instaling Cm7.2 113 autorotate did not work..
    113 rom is missing /system/lib/hw/sensors.es209ra.so
    after copying this file from 112 rom into the 113 zip file and reinstalling the rom autorotate works perfectly!! :D