Android tether 3.1 beta

Search This thread

xAudacityx

Jan 15, 2011
Sylva, NC
Hey guys anyone know some good settings for android Wi-Fi tether 3.1 to work on the charge..

I saw somewhere to use fascinate as the device profile and change to digital for Samsung, but that has never worked for on any 3.1 versions, so Ive used 2.0.7 since I found Wi-Fi tether...

If anybody could help me I would greatly appreciate it thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Reactions: mtmerrick

sasquatch080

Oct 31, 2011
springdale
When does Verizon come into the transaction at all? Play Store is Google.

I understand Play Store is Google. I had the impression that carriers can block certain apps from appearing in the Play Store. When I was on sprint they blocked wireless tether app. I'm probably wrong about Verizon.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I understand Play Store is Google. I had the impression that carriers can block certain apps from appearing in the Play Store. When I was on sprint they blocked wireless tether app. I'm probably wrong about Verizon.

Google had pretty much blocked all tethering apps from the Market for a while, but they've started popping back up again. Not sure why the change in policy, unless they've just decided to stop letting the carriers dictate their internal policies.

sasquatch080

Oct 31, 2011
springdale
Google had pretty much blocked all tethering apps from the Market for a while, but they've started popping back up again. Not sure why the change in policy, unless they've just decided to stop letting the carriers dictate their internal policies.

Never really understood why google would be behind removing certain apps, yet you google the app apk and easily download it.

BleedsOrangeandBlue

Jul 10, 2011
Charleston, SC

xAudacityx

Jan 15, 2011
Sylva, NC
All I can say is I'm glad it's back in the market and I'm glad I finally got a 3.1 version to work on my charge

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
FoxFi works fine for me. Don't have to deal with rebooting on the wifi tether app.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
FoxFi works fine for me. Don't have to deal with rebooting on the wifi tether app.

I use Wifi Tether and I don't have to reboot either. It's as simple as unchecking a box in the config. I don't trust FoxFi. Anything that uses the built in tethering is going to automatically be easier to detect than something like Wifi Tether or Open Garden.

Reactions: cujo6801

millemots

May 21, 2011
I use Wifi Tether and I don't have to reboot either. It's as simple as unchecking a box in the config. I don't trust FoxFi. Anything that uses the built in tethering is going to automatically be easier to detect than something like Wifi Tether or Open Garden.

Which check box? The wi-fi driver reload option? I'd love to be able to skip the reboot (on 3.1-beta11).

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uncheck wifi driver reload and choose the Droid Charge profile. Make sure you uncheck that box though, otherwise you'll have to reboot to get wifi back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys anyone know some good settings for android Wi-Fi tether 3.1 to work on the charge..

I saw somewhere to use fascinate as the device profile and change to digital for Samsung, but that has never worked for on any 3.1 versions, so Ive used 2.0.7 since I found Wi-Fi tether...

If anybody could help me I would greatly appreciate it thanks

Yes uncheck that box and you should be good to go