Android 4.2 Camera

Search This thread

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Damn.....this camera is absolutely amazing for aosp.....finally something that equals to the sense camera. ...wow wow wow :)

My blazingly fast as f*#k One XL

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Been taking pics. Took this up close..not bad...I'm impressed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351704919613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351704919613.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 3,987

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Clicked on the world looking thing with the camera(not sure what that is yet, Haha), got a gallery FC

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

mmapcpro

Jun 13, 2011
DuPont, WA
I can't get the link to respond from my phone. Can someone throw up a dropbox link or something? Thanks.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
Wow... Google is really getting all the little things right... Cool Swype feature. Amazing camera. Users on tablets.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

WarRaven

May 13, 2007
Absolutely amazing difference, the camera rocks now. I like it, thank you.

WR

Sent from my HTC One X

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
Just wandering. When I take the pics they don't appear full screen. Is that a bug or how it will work?

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
The original post on the other forum says

"To fix photosphere edit build.prop:
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=Google "

Has anyone tried that on the HTC One X?

supercluver

Nov 19, 2005
Austin, TX
Reposting this here from the Team Nocturnal forum:

To fix photosphere edit build.prop:
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=Google

This however doesn't seem to fix anything for me. When I choose photosphere, I still get an immediate Gallery force close. After flashing that zip, I still have the old camera and gallery apps on the phone too. So this doesn't replace them?

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
I didn't test yet but I will in the new ROM and it does not replace the old cam because I wasn't sure if anyone would want to go back to old or not.

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE X

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Its photosphere

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Make sure you use the newer 4.2 camera. The old one didn't have the proper lib files http://db.tt/HVbsootU download this and install in recovery, then make the build.prop edits, reboot and it works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to chongo for finding the cam and making the zip.

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1227

This cam is really bad ass, it really makes me want to stick to aosp now.
    So i flashed it yesterday and everything was ok and fine for the first time ever the photoshpere was working i was so amazed and when i was taking a pic today the camera Force closed on me and re opened it and it was working fine but now i cant view photosphere pictures it has the photosphere option but cant view it but yet i can take PS photos i tried wiping the cache/dalvik

That's a really long sentence.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that in this thread. It's in the bug report. There are definitely two different gyroscopes in this phone. It's not really a bad or even uncommon thing. Supply shortages sometimes require them to source parts from multiple places. It just means that when the evita CM device tree was built, it was built based off the other gyroscope and they likely didn't even know there was another. I haven't looked I to it to see of there is source available for the non-working gyro, but it may just need to be added to our code. Worst case, we should be good whenever HTC officially releases JB. I'd like to take a closer look if I can find some time to do so.

The thread for the 4.2 gapps stuff says that there may be two different gyroscopes in the One XL. Mine also doesn't work and when I use the Phone Tester app it doesn't find the gyroscope. HTC is REALLY starting to piss me off with this hit or miss sh*t. I love this phone for the most part but quality control issues suck big time and now this. Every customer should "generally" have the same experience. Not "it works for some but not others". Either you manufacture your device with the same working parts from the same company or don't put that part in at all. I didn't pay for this phone to have it made half assed.
    I can't get the link to respond from my phone. Can someone throw up a dropbox link or something? Thanks.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

http://db.tt/cwftfa97

out rooted jelly bean HOX