[ROM] JBSourcery Encore-Toroplus ~6/7~The final call

Search This thread

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
With all these positive reviews this sounds amazing :eek: downloading to flash in the morning. How's battery life?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
She got to test it.

Still, that's 3 hours. It takes at least 3 days for your ROM and kernel to settle before determining how good the battery life is.

Okay, thank you for not making me look like a bigger loser than what I made myself look like.

Nevertheless I am downloading and flashing.

Reactions: JediNinjafication

Zzz73

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Forks
^
|
|
Was it?

I know its been 3 hours I'm not a derp. Just wondering how's it going.

Plus its more of a force of habit.. Soo

i have been JBoyers tester for the last 3 weeks on several iterations of JBS leading up to this release. 3.2 did just hit, but all in all the battery life is pretty decent. i haven't found a kernel this ROM hates, so if there's a favorite kernel/settings you like to use to get the best battery life, chances are it will work on this too. Flash it and give 'er a whirl. if there's a setup you find that gives kicka$$ batttery, we'd love for you to share it with us here back at the thread. best of luck! :good:

JediNinjafication

Jun 11, 2012
Burbank, CA
I can't really give an accurate battery life. First, I've been having heat and charging issues for about a month now. Is not ROM related and persists across flashing. Second, I've been mainly 3g although i did have almost 5hours of screen time on previous build. Haven't checked this one yet. .

Also, the lockscreen that wouldn't apply darth vader, is because of my theme. It was just there using the stock one. Just put Ubers back on and now no Vader..:(

Just saying this in case some mods don't stick for people. Could be a theme issue if running one.
And i got I'm on a boat fixed. Had to select boat from gallery.
*Step Away From The Toolkit And NoROM Gets Hurt*

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
I can't really give an accurate battery life. First, I've been having heat and charging issues for about a month now. Is not ROM related and persists across flashing. Second, I've been mainly 3g although i did have almost 5hours of screen time on previous build. Haven't checked this one yet. .

Also, the lockscreen that wouldn't apply darth vader, is because of my theme. It was just there using the stock one. Just put Ubers back on and now no Vader..:(

Just saying this in case some mods don't stick for people. Could be a theme issue if running one.
And i got I'm on a boat fixed. Had to select boat from gallery.

Do you think your battery is going or has gone bad?

JediNinjafication

Jun 11, 2012
Burbank, CA
Do you think your battery is going or has gone bad?

No. Sprint just gave me a new one the other day. I think it is because both of my cores run all the time unless i disable one. Then its fine and no issues.

How is everyone doing on mods? I'm creeping my phone out. I love it.
Status drawer portrait and landscape. Settings, portrait and landscape
One pic from earlier... i think i need a creepy font

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352699856028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352699856028.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 529
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352699868432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352699868432.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 520
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352699884688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352699884688.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 517
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352699905734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352699905734.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 515

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
No. Sprint just gave me a new one the other day. I think it is because both of my cores run all the time unless i disable one. Then its fine and no issues.

How is everyone doing on mods? I'm creeping my phone out. I love it.
Status drawer portrait and landscape. Settings, portrait and landscape
One pic from earlier... i think i need a creepy font
Trying running a Governor that will disable a CPU when it doesn't need it? :)
Will gapps 4.2 work on this rom? Thanks

Mhm

JediNinjafication

Jun 11, 2012
Burbank, CA
There is a section in the mods that will install them. Somewhere in the many many many mods!

And i think it's because of the last twrp update. That's when it started. I've even returned to stock with a complete sd wipe. Started when updated recovery.

JediNinjafication

Jun 11, 2012
Burbank, CA
Just in case anyone gets a data issue or can't update profile, restore back to previous rom, update profile and prl, and flash Sourcery again. Should fix the problem.

Can also connect to Wi-Fi and try to update that way.

Reactions: zombioptic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HeaderWhite.gif

JBSourcery Encore

Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) Edition

New featuring JDQ39E-4.2.2_r1.2

Credits are given on our site - Credits

RELEASE INFORMATION

FEATURES & CHANGELOG

GITHUB

Report bugs or request features

MAGIC INSTALL

1) Download Rom and Gapps to your Phone’s Storage drive and boot into recovery
    2) Clear davlik cache
    3) Wipe data/cache
    4) Install your Chosen Team Sourcery Rom
    5) Install Gapps
    6) Boot into Rom
    7) Sign in and wait for all market apps to Restore
    8) After market apps have restored Reboot again
    9) ENJOY

Final release of Sourcery
    Will be supported
    and bug fixes will be released

DOWNLOAD

Everyone please read

New sprint radios (GA02) thanks to Zzz73 for making it flashable

http://d-h.st/8nT
    HI all ok going on vacation so will be out for a couple weeks.
    in case people here don't know who i am since jboyer is the host here
    I am the lead dev of Sourcery ROM.

just wanted to mention a few things that i didn't see mentioned they may have been but i didn't see them.

1)if you use a t mobile theme about the only thing that will work is the soft keys and the battery mods.
    It is because the t mobile theme hijacks the normal placement of images and pulls them from the apk itself .

2)We have seen these reports of memory leaks they are seem to relate to browser, I have not seen this on gsm or lte phones but reports are on those also. Due to lack of time and 4.2 we just haven't had time to look into this. a reboot resets it, apologize.

3)the memory bar in recents and in settings are different it is per the original coder the exact same code in both areas. so its what is needed to run the area its in that is causing the different results. which are the correct i do not know.

4)i do not have a sprint phone so signal and stuff is all left to jboyer as i have no way to test this stuff, but seems like those mentiones have been resolved.

5)I see the mentions of lock screens stuff..we will not be fixing that on 4.1.2 at all as all lock screen stuff and maybe complete rom needs to be redone from scratch, so it wont be fixed until a JB4.2 rom is released.

6)the mentions or re-locking and re-unlocking and setting up phone sound bogus and time consuming but i did thai at one time and i can tell you that it does make a difference . why i do not know.

7)want to point out if you install rom and the 4.2 gapps you may have to go manually turn on the syncs for everything we have seen this several times.

8)people asked regarding the tools. everything theme wise or mod wise is all live updated and on line everything is downloaded at time of install and we add to it live so you will always have new stuff. the first area in tools is also live changeable so when we update an area we make that area show up in the first screen on tools.

9) back up for magic control--no its not available we continue to discuss this ..I do not want ti i think it will cause major problems as titanium backup/restore does. I dont say never but its not something i am for.. but i also wasn't for the lock-screen weather or calender so i do change my mind :)

10)ever since jelly bean there are times when you reboot and phone sits there on google for up to like 8 minutes (ive seen) before rebooting.
    This is something with jelly bean. I know 4.2 is using a different type of file system and this may not happen than. But if you see google logo just wait or you can remove battery and boot up to make it faster.

11)we are aware that if you drop below 15% the lock-screen will show zero battery percentage the battery icon is correct. just something we haven't gotten to track down and fix as of yet. functionality always takes the time first.

12) i haven't seen this mentioned so go into tools and app wallpaper and and top right check out the transparency on app backgrounds its cool. :) and you will not find it any where else it is 100% Sourcery original as is the app wallpaper backgrounds

13)We try to make Sourcery and its users the most friendly helping supported rom around.. Please refrain from negative contributions in our thread. If you have a problem withsomeone pm them and handle it in private. ThankYou

Were happy to see everyone enjoying the rom and thank JBoyer for assisting in bringing it to you.

Due to me going on vacation for the next 10 days dev of 4.2 has not even started , im hoping devortex will be back in business soon as he is my co-dev. But nothing will be ready for release within the next 2 weeks for sure. so Please dont pester JBoyer as it wont be available for him to do :)

Thanks again for giving Sourcery a run and hope you have fun with it.
    i heard a rumor about being able to make phone calls or something with it but there's too many options i haven't found that one yet.
    Re: [ROM] JBSourcery 5.0-Toroplus ~3/1~ Nothing Compares

When, I flash I wipe I wipe, system, del and data multiple times. It happen to me before too. No market bug. But now maximus g apps works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

In the past I have had that happen with black facebook, I noticed sometimes after flashing gapps if I do a reboot they then show up. This has only happened after a fresh gapps install on first reboot. After I rebooted they never disappeared again.

Op is updated....this will (should anyway) fixed MMS and GPS issues...clean flash is always recommended but if anyone wants a to try a dirty flash let me know how it goes :)