[Q] T-MO (N900T) or Intl. (N9005) ? for use on AT&T

Search This thread

Jayster0966

Oct 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
I understand that the T-Mo version has its many advantages of having its unlocked bootloader, DEV support, SIM unlock, etc...

Price point aside, are there any major advantages/disadvantages between purchasing the T-Mo(N900T) or the Intl version (N9005)?

Every stat comparison seems to be similar, ROM support and all the freq bands are there.

Looking for some definitive answers from the community before spending big bucks on a new unit.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I understand that the T-Mo version has its many advantages of having its unlocked bootloader, DEV support, SIM unlock, etc...

Price point aside, are there any major advantages/disadvantages between purchasing the T-Mo(N900T) or the Intl version (N9005)?

Every stat comparison seems to be similar, ROM support and all the freq bands are there.

Looking for some definitive answers from the community before spending big bucks on a new unit.

You wont get LTE with the international version

Earthdog

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA

TMO for me and working flawlessly.

Jayster0966

Oct 20, 2012
Orange County, CA

On my way to the T-MO store then. :fingers-crossed:

Just so I get this straight,

1. Purchase the N900T.
2. Purchase a $10 or $20 SIM card. (then insert it and use the phone) Required?
3. Bring it home and use the service on CellUnlocker.net
4. Wait for the unlock codes then ENJOY! (Change APN settings)

Optional;

Follow the rooting/recovery guides in the T-Mo thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: miscom

Agent

Feb 5, 2013
If you buy the phone outright tmo will unlock it for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 5

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I walked into a T-Mobile store day after they released the phone. Bought it full retail without purchasing a plan or a sim. Went home and unlocked it using cellunlocker. Now I am using it on AT&T with LTE. Also rooted and a custom rom is installed.

Sent from my SM-N900T now Free

How's your experience with the device? How's your LTE speeds? Is the phone getting very hot?

Jayster0966

Oct 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
I walked into a T-Mobile store day after they released the phone. Bought it full retail without purchasing a plan or a sim. Went home and unlocked it using cellunlocker. Now I am using it on AT&T with LTE. Also rooted and a custom rom is installed.

Thanks for the update on that. You did not have to put a T-Mo SIM first? I thought that was required for the region unlock issue?

How are the actual LTE speeds? Others have mentioned a drop in speeds due to AT&T not giving top priority to the T-Mo IMEI.

How's your experience with the device? How's your LTE speeds? Is the phone getting very hot?

+1 on this question. How is the signal strength as well compared to a true AT&T phone in the same area?

Jayster0966

Oct 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
Galaxy Note 3 Active

I was in the T-Mo store today looking at the Note 3. Ready and willing to go ahead and pull the trigger, then the rep says they are all out of the white one. They will have more in by the end of the week. Then mentions, they do have some at another store about 5 miles away though. He looks at me looking all disappointed and says, have you heard the rumor about the N3 active? No, I said. He says, if you can wait to get a new phone you might want to read up as it looks like Samsung is going to be going ahead with the release very soon.

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-and-galaxy-note-3-active-models-tipped-20131007/

Now so confused, I think I have to wait and see what developes. :confused:

Last edited:

Agent

Feb 5, 2013
They do it after 45 days. Just asked a tmo corporate store today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

That's compete crap. I can't believe they would do that to you. I was under the impression they had to if you bought it outright. Perhaps you'll have to get an unlock code elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 4

AShort

Mar 22, 2009
Im confused

I'm on net10 using att network in the US and contacted negri about a n900t they are selling but in the notes on their website it says for international use only.. I thought the n900t was t-mobile version in the US? I asked them about it and they said it will not work in the US. I am confused?
:confused:

mircury

Jul 18, 2007
Louisville
I'm on net10 using att network in the US and contacted negri about a n900t they are selling but in the notes on their website it says for international use only.. I thought the n900t was t-mobile version in the US? I asked them about it and they said it will not work in the US. I am confused?
:confused:

It's because their stock of N900T's have been blacklisted by US carriers. Meaning they were obtained from the gray market. T-Mobile and AT&T have a database of IMEI's that are blocked from their network.

dyangster

Mar 8, 2014
N900T vs N900A

I was reading the thread and was wondering why folks would prefer to buy the N900T vs N900A (especially when they are planning to use if for AT&T and will be required to unlock immediately)? Is there hardware/software advantages for the N900T over the N900A?

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
I'll add my 2 cents on this. I had originally purchased the T-Mobile variant (N900T) of the Note 3. I loaded up a custom rom and it was perfect. Shortly after that, I noticed my LTE signal (not HSPA) would be very low (-110dbm) in areas where my AT&T branded phones would sit on -94dbm. I flashed back to stock and noticed the same thing. Overall, LTE reception on band 17 on the N900T was very poor. Its probably because the N900T isn't optimized to use Band 17. Using the device with T-Mobile service, I had no LTE issues.

Now using the N900A for AT&T and get great LTE reception.

djpharoah

May 11, 2009
Orange County, CA
A buddy of mine has also noticed the TMO Note3 gets a lower reception when compared to my ATT note3. We are both on ATT as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I must be missing something then. According to the description on NegriElectronics it shows one model (N9005) as a 32g LTE model?

Yes, check the 4G LTE bands

On my way to the T-MO store then. :fingers-crossed:

Just so I get this straight,

1. Purchase the N900T.
    2. Purchase a $10 or $20 SIM card. (then insert it and use the phone) Required?
    3. Bring it home and use the service on CellUnlocker.net
    4. Wait for the unlock codes then ENJOY! (Change APN settings)

Optional;

Follow the rooting/recovery guides in the T-Mo thread.