Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure

Search This thread

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
I'm trying to flash stock firmware to my Atrix HD but for some odd reason it doesn't let me.

I'm using MythTools.
I tried using RSDLite but no luck.

been trying to figure it out for 3 hours...

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Are you running a stock recovery? Unlocked bootloader? What ROM were you running before? I'm not sure if the answer to these 3 items could cause a problem but more information is usually better than less.

What errors are you getting when try to flash?

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
Are you running a stock recovery? Unlocked bootloader? What ROM were you running before? I'm not sure if the answer to these 3 items could cause a problem but more information is usually better than less.

What errors are you getting when try to flash?

Custom recovery, Unlocked bootloader, beanstal/kitstalk.
for some odd reason when I was flashing through myth tools it asked which boot logo to use and selected the bootlogo after i selected, nothing else happened.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Custom recovery, Unlocked bootloader, beanstal/kitstalk.
for some odd reason when I was flashing through myth tools it asked which boot logo to use and selected the bootlogo after i selected, nothing else happened.

I had a very similar situation. Are you running Myth Tools as an Administrator? Is your phone detected in fastboot?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Myth Tools will run and unzip the stock firmware even if there is no phone detected. Just before you choose the boot logo, run a separate command prompt window to determine whether your phone is detected in fastboot mode by typing "fastboot devices" from the adb directory.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
Myth Tools will run and unzip the stock firmware even if there is no phone detected. Just before you choose the boot logo, run a separate command prompt window to determine whether your phone is detected in fastboot mode by typing "fastboot devices" from the adb directory.

Ok so my phone was detected before selecting the boot logo and also ran myth tools as administrator.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
looks it still didn't work. after flashing i rebooted my phonoe, and the bootlogo was beanstalk/kitstalk.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
Does the phone boot at all? Do you have a nandroid backup of a stock OS? Did you try flashing a retail mexico or retail bell?

Does not boot at all, I believe I do but it's on my sd card, sadly, it's at my moms house in which is an hour away from town. Nope, just tried flashing att.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
It seems that your phone is not actually being flashed even though the flash process appears complete.

After flashing with Myth, immediately boot the phone into recovery and wipe cache, data, and Dalvik. After wiping, try booting the phone into the OS.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
It seems that your phone is not actually being flashed even though the flash process appears complete.

After flashing with Myth, immediately boot the phone into recovery and wipe cache, data, and Dalvik. After wiping, try booting the phone into the OS.

should i try flashing ics? or would the problem still persist?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
At this point, all I can suggest is re-downloading the stock ATT ROM or try the Mexico Retail. Your phone is not of much use since it doesn't have a working ROM. I've never tried an ICS ROM on an AHD because my phone came with 4.1.2.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
At this point, all I can suggest is re-downloading the stock ATT ROM or try the Mexico Retail. Your phone is not of much use since it doesn't have a working ROM. I've never tried an ICS ROM on an AHD because my phone came with 4.1.2.
I still haven't fixed my problem just yet. I forgot that I did a nandroid backup on my brothers phone (atrix hd) may i possibly use his backup and restore it on mine?