[Q] ME7 to NC5 with gigilie's 4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap

Search This thread

lp_123

Jun 29, 2014
Please help, I have been trying to upgrade from rooted ME7 to NC5 using gigilie's4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap method. I am able to flash the odin image in the AP slot, it passes, but then when my phone resets I get "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless...". I am able to get back into download mode, but a little stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying not to freak here.

Thanks in advance.

lp_123

Jun 29, 2014
Please help, I have been trying to upgrade from rooted ME7 to NC5 using gigilie's4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap method. I am able to flash the odin image in the AP slot, it passes, but then when my phone resets I get "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless...". I am able to get back into download mode, but a little stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying not to freak here.

Thanks in advance.

Trying Surge's Odin NC5 Factory "full wipe", downloading .pit and.zip now...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

Last edited:

MaxusValtron

Sep 7, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Getting to download mode

Ok I had exactly the problem that you had, with an added twist. My volume up button is a little mashed, so it's permanently pressed in. If I don't pres anything it always boots to recovery; to boot normally I had to press volume down as well. This means I can't get into download mode at all to re flash...

I tried to force my phone to reboot to download mode from adb, but it's not being recognized. So. I'm stuck. Anyone have suggestions?

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Ok I had exactly the problem that you had, with an added twist. My volume up button is a little mashed, so it's permanently pressed in. If I don't pres anything it always boots to recovery; to boot normally I had to press volume down as well. This means I can't get into download mode at all to re flash...

I tried to force my phone to reboot to download mode from adb, but it's not being recognized. So. I'm stuck. Anyone have suggestions?

You can try the 4way reboot menu through XposedFramework and reboot to recovery.

[Edit]: The name of the module is "Advanced Power Menu"
Jesus loves you!