[MAR 12] FEWidgetsLite 0.3.1 (For Flash Lite 3.1 plugin OR Flash 7)

Search This thread

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
This version of the application won't be updated anymore. There is a Full Native (no Flash) version available here now.

IMPORTANT: This application is only for WM 5/6 Pro. (i.e Pocket PC with Phone)

New User Manual: User Manual

Please Read Installation instructions on this post
LATEST INSTALLER CAB: FEWidgetsLiteSetup-0.3.1.CAB
LATEST INSTALLER CAB (Megaupload): FEWidgetsLiteSetup-0.3.1.CAB

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sZhDcJBmbU
Here is a Video for configuring the Weather widget: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKShzOxH0g (thanks larbke666 :))

Documentation for Widget Creation: Here
Sources: FEWidgetsLite_0.3.1-Sources.rar

(Most of the Sources are released under the Creative Commons license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/. License is as specified by the EULA.rtf)

TO INSTALL: (With FlashLite 3.1 Plugin)
- If You have FEWidgets installed Uninstall it before installing the Lite version.
- Check you have Windows Mobile 5 or 6/6.1 Pro. (i.e Pocket PC with Phone)
- Check you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
- Check you have Flash Lite 3.1 Plugin (standalone player does not contain the plugin)
- Install FEWidgetsLiteSetup-0.3.1.CAB
- If you have a VGA device or want other backgrounds, place them on images directory on the application directory. Bigger Images will NOT be scaled.
- The first time, it'll take long to start, because the application will configure itself for your device screen size.

TO INSTALL: (With Flash7)
- If You have FEWidgets installed Uninstall it before installing the Lite version.
- Check you have Windows Mobile 5 or 6/6.1 Pro. (i.e Pocket PC with Phone)
- Check you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
- Check you have Flash 7 Installed.
- Install FEWidgetsLiteSetup-0.3.1.CAB
- If you have a VGA device or want other backgrounds, place them on images directory on the application directory. Bigger Images will NOT be scaled.
- Add the following line on settings.xml: <Set Name="UseFlash7" Value="true" />
- The first time, it'll take long to start, because the application will configure itself for your device screen size.

NOTE: You can also activate it as a Today plugin (Settings -> Today -> Plugins, check FEWidgets and uncheck everything else)

IMPORTANT: Tasks/Appointment widgets only support Latin characters.

Changes on 0.3.1:

- [Fixed] Configurator shortcut is not created when the applicaiton is installed.
- [Fixed] Time widgets won't refresh when the device is turned on.
- Modified Main Config to make it work with Flash 7.
- Rewrote SMS interception to use MAPI instead of .NET MessageInterceptor. SMS messages sometimes did not arrive, not even on the inbox.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'd like to thank thejigsaw, nir36, pcforce and many others for your support =D

Features:

- Haptic feedback. When clicking on widget buttons you'll feel a small vibration.
- Can be run as a Today Plugin. (It must be the only one selected)
- Multiple Layouts/Pages support (up to 4).
- Support for Landscape/Portrait modes.
- VGA/QVGA/WQVGA/WVGA support.
- Extensible/Open architecture. Anyone can create it's own widgets just using flash. If you need something "special" and know some C#, you can extend available commands through a custom assembly.

Implemented Widgets:

- Calculator
- Operator Name
- RSS Feed Reader
- Comming appointments
- Tasks
- Contact widget
- Date widget
- Battery/Phone signal Strength indicator.
- S2P Player control.
- Analog Clock
- Diamond like Clock
- Background Image Changer
- Bluetooth State (Can turn on/off)
- Wi-Fi State (Can turn on/off)
- Quick Dial.
- Layout swapper.
- Locker (locks widget dragging)
- Calendar (when tapped will link to \Windows\Calendar.lnk)
- Shortcuts Widget. This widget allows creating shortcuts to exe/lnk files. You can drop the widget as many times as you want.
- Missed Calls. Shows the number of missed calls. When double tapped will take you to the missed calls log.
- "Profile" changer. Lets you switch between On/Vibrate/Off modes.
- Weather. Shows you the weather for today. Current temperature and forecasted Min/Max for today.
- SMS information. Once you drop this widget once, if you remove it, it'll spawn automatically the next time you have an SMS message on the same possition you had placed it.

Did you find my application useful? I've spent lot's of time programming it, please buy me a beer! :D Donate!

Attachments

• Screen001.png
    Screen001.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 20,995
  • Screen002.png
    Screen002.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 20,255
  • Screen003.png
    Screen003.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 20,223
Last edited:

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
nicolas, do you think there should be a difference performencewise due to it using flashlite instead of flash? should i start using this instead of the original FEW? and will the widgets i created be installable on this version as well?

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
nicolas, do you think there should be a difference performencewise due to it using flashlite instead of flash? should i start using this instead of the original FEW? and will the widgets i created be installable on this version as well?

It looks better, but probably consumes a little more CPU (or maybe not..). This version also unloads and switches to 1% CPU use when an application covers the entire screen.

Widgets you had created are not compatible, however I've incorporated your widgets onto this release :) (proper credit is given on an About option for each widget ;))

EDIT: Just so you know, I will no longer support the original FEWidgets anymore.

giorgosm said:
looks nice. getting some excepetions when opening some widgets.

The idea of this first release is to debug the app... as stated on first post, its beta. Could you tell me what widgets are throwing exceptions? (do you have WM 5 or 6?)

Last edited:

spupuz

Feb 2, 2008
Milan
Please post the exceptions information..

FEWidgetsToday.exe
NullReferenceException

at FEWidgets.FEWidgetsControl.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at FEWidgetsToday.Program.Main(String[] args)

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
It looks better, but probably consumes a little more CPU (or maybe not..). This version also unloads and switches to 1% CPU use when an application covers the entire screen.

Widgets you had created are not compatible, however I've incorporated your widgets onto this release :) (proper credit is given on an About option for each widget ;))

EDIT: Just so you know, I will no longer support the original FEWidgets anymore.

I will of course try it. thank you very much for the hard work.

angus1357

Jan 7, 2008
Errors (but not exceptions)

Using stock ATT HTC Fuze rom, found a few things. First in landscape mode the background doesnt fill the screen (which is fine if there is a different bg for landscape vs portrait in the settings) and all of the widgets on the screen disappear except the lock. The only other problem i've run into is that the diamond clock appeared to get stuck in the flipping animation, went away when I drug it off the screen and then back on. Finally, as a today plugin, there is a space left at the bottom of the screen between the WM border and the plugin. Its the only plugin selected so I dont know why its doing this. Overall nice work from the last version to this one!

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
Using stock ATT HTC Fuze rom, found a few things. First in landscape mode the background doesnt fill the screen (which is fine if there is a different bg for landscape vs portrait in the settings) and all of the widgets on the screen disappear except the lock. The only other problem i've run into is that the diamond clock appeared to get stuck in the flipping animation, went away when I drug it off the screen and then back on. Finally, as a today plugin, there is a space left at the bottom of the screen between the WM border and the plugin. Its the only plugin selected so I dont know why its doing this. Overall nice work from the last version to this one!

For the background, when on landscape (or on any page) select another background using the background switcher, and it'll change it only for that page.

I'll check the other errors, however all widgets drop fine on my omnia..

sracercelica

May 6, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Installed it on my TouchPro. I like the concept but it is way to buggy. For some reason when I chose full screen, I cant see any of the widgets. Also, the weather widget was not working, and a couple other widgets were non responsive -for example the quick dial widget wouldnt let me add any names.

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
Installed it on my TouchPro. I like the concept but it is way to buggy. For some reason when I chose full screen, I cant see any of the widgets. Also, the weather widget was not working, and a couple other widgets were non responsive -for example the quick dial widget wouldnt let me add any names.

I dont know if Fullscreen works when working as a today plugin.. its a Flash Lite option that I can't remove from the menu (IThink).

The Quick Dial works for me... are your contact names in english? (using latin characters), what version of flash Lite do you have? Window Mobile 6.1? there is a bug on this widget which when you select the trash bin for selecting a contact, when returning from delete mode it wont show the plus signs but that's all I detected...

still i have got problems with 0.1.2 nico

:\ What version of Flash Lite are you using?