henrikpw

Oct 8, 2010
Close Esbjerg in Denmark
I have another question:

currently there are two ways to return from whatever back to stock rom:

Mentioned here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543350
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471370

This involves the LG Tool to restore the image from their servers. Does this mean the G Pad is virtually unbrakeable (unbrickable)? So that I always can do the Factory reset when I messed something up during root/flash? Or are there any chances I can do something that really brakes the G Pad and makes it unusable?

Kind regards,
Michael
No one replied to this persons thead, and i have the same question, so i made a new thread :)

Sean09

May 6, 2008
No one replied to this persons thead, and i have the same question, so i made a new thread :)

Nothing is unbrickable, it all depends how badly you screw it up.

Check the v510 conversion thread for details, but nobody will tell you universally a device is unbrickable, and if they do, they are liars.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
All devices are brickable if you really screw things up. But most devices are really hard not to save. Normally you have to do something major like flash something not meant for the device. I know of a member in this forum who bricked his V500 and has yet to recover. Doesn't mean he wont just means it will be hard to. Just read carefully and follow the instructions and you will be fine

Sorry @Sean09 didn't mean to say the exact same thing in my first line ;). One of those times you post before you read everything.

Last edited:

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
It is unbrickable. Even if you have messed with the rom and the recovery the lg mobile support tool can flash the stock recovery and rom as long as you can enter into download mode though. Now if things get worse you can send it to lg and they ll unbrick it for sure with a jigkick battery or something like that, but you may have to pay as it may not be covered by the warranty.

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
If you physically damage the hardware, you'll probably end up with a brick. However, LG devices are very recoverable. Wkparks tool for the O3D put severe bricks into download mode and allowed you to reflash a ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

hasona

Dec 22, 2010
Malmo
I like to think that anything can be bricked. Recently I totally bricked my BIOS for example and those things are extremely hard to fix so the same thing goes for mobile platforms. Anything is brickable and that is where you shouud put the line on, however with the community help that we have today a lot of problems can be solved by others like for example here on xda!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
It is unbrickable. Even if you have messed with the rom and the recovery the lg mobile support tool can flash the stock recovery and rom as long as you can enter into download mode though. Now if things get worse you can send it to lg and they ll unbrick it for sure with a jigkick battery or something like that, but you may have to pay as it may not be covered by the warranty.

See that is the thing, if you mess it up you won't be able to get into download mode. That is what happened to androiduser after flashing the V510 recovery, modem and firmware to his. He sent it to LG and the told him tough luck and sent it back. Be very careful

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
See that is the thing, if you mess it up you won't be able to get into download mode. That is what happened to androiduser after flashing the V510 recovery, modem and firmware to his. He sent it to LG and the told him tough luck and sent it back. Be very careful

Well i had the impression that the guys at the service center could unbrick the device no matter what has happened to it but i could be wrong.

afrikanac

Aug 20, 2012

from what i read, not being an expert to it though, AndroidUser is giving the process of recovery to his gpad a new try:screwy:

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2