MTK yaffs2

Search This thread

svukov21

Aug 30, 2010
Hi!

Story goes like this. I have here clone Samsung S4 that I wanted to update the software trough CWM. Unfortunately phone died at some point and now is dead. But, I made backup of the flash with MTKDroidTools and with SP flash tool... and here comes the problems... I can not flash backup back to phone because yaffs2 files are not good page/spare ratio. Thanks to members rua1 and Alex1948 now it is more clear how to change spare ratio on yaffs2 files. Unfortunately I'm not very good with Linux, last night I boot Mint 16 from USB stick and was trying to repair my files but without success.
So, my question is: is someone willing to repair my files in Linux (who understand Linux terminal better)?

Here are some details from phone

View attachment 2574910

View attachment 2574911

Scatter.jpg

I only have problem with flashing yaffs2 files and secro.img all other are OK. If I try to flash those files I get this error

BROM.jpg

In attachment is mtd, dumchar_info, MTKDroidTools log and Sp flash tool log so you can see my file structure.Log from MTKDroidTools is from version 2.5.2 because I was using this version when I was making backup from my original phone (you will see other phones data just scroll down to MT6575)

I'm uploading original yaffs files to google drive so later I will update this post with some links.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards

P.S. INFO FROM MTKDroidTools IS TAKEN FROM SAME PHONE LIKE MINE (FRIENDS PHONE) YES, SAME ONE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE IS 100% SAME.

Files on Google drive link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx8Xjd1q6dr3YnFISVJBZFZPSUU/edit?usp=sharing

Attachments

• mtd_dumchar_info.rar
    724 bytes · Views: 101
  • Logs.rar
    106.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

rua1

Feb 12, 2013
Tula
forum.china-iphone.ru
  1. from guide:
    Аttention! Yaffs2 type blocks from this backup can't be Downloaded to phone, they aren't correct! Use backup on 9th step if phone have yaffs2 type blocks!
    files from archive is wrong
  2. from your log:
    10/02/14 11:43:23 Free space: system- 113.7M; data- 54.3M; sdcard- 16.7M; D:\ 170861M
    10/02/14 11:43:46 - ERROR - tar: write error: No space left on device
    it was necessary to release the free memory on SD card before

Reactions: svukov21

svukov21

Aug 30, 2010
Hi!

First, thank you for your reply.

Yes , I did figure it out that my files are not OK. I was trying to make them manually in "yafey" for windows (software to create and edit yaffs2 images) but this software have to much bugs so one time it create system.img with full lib folder second time only half of lib files are there and also there is no option for spare ratio change.

So, MTKDroidTools did make my system backup in a folder on my PC but I can not make yaffs2 file from it because there is no software for windows that works fine (I don't use Linux). On Linux it is easy to do (at least for someone who understand Terminal commands).

So, I can send you my backuped system folder if you are willing to make yassf2 file from it (in Linux). Data and Cashe files I have create in yafey and thay are ok.

In yafey if I make new yaffs2 file and insert lib,etc,app,framework... it will not create all files in folders... and after that when I try to flash that created system.yaffs2.img I have error from BROM s_ft_readlen_not_page_aligment (4017) again problem with spare ratio.

I still have here my friends phone so if you have any idea what to do and how to do please tell. I made backup from my friends phone but same thing data,cache,system,secro files are not created correctly. I don't know why is this is it because of the MTKDroiTools or is it because of the phone?

Last edited:

svukov21

Aug 30, 2010
Aaaaaaaaaarghh!!!!!
You wouldn't beleive what I just discover I just try to put my friends phone in recovery so I give a try to make backup.
NORMALY my friends phone don't want to go in recovery (just light on screen), so I have call my friend to ask him does he do something with phones recovery and he said YES i flash some recovery from net trough CWM and after that he can not go in the recovery.
CAN YOU BELEIVE HOW UNLUCKY I AM????????

If someone have any idea???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. from guide:
      Аttention! Yaffs2 type blocks from this backup can't be Downloaded to phone, they aren't correct! Use backup on 9th step if phone have yaffs2 type blocks!
      files from archive is wrong
    2. from your log:
      10/02/14 11:43:23 Free space: system- 113.7M; data- 54.3M; sdcard- 16.7M; D:\ 170861M
      10/02/14 11:43:46 - ERROR - tar: write error: No space left on device
      it was necessary to release the free memory on SD card before