Need some help....

Search This thread

asnpdirtezw

Mar 19, 2011
Hey guys, havent been on the forums in awhile, my buddy has an HTC One Max that he wanted to root/rom, we've had some trouble, was up to the new ROM however it wasn't getting service from sprint, pretty much wanted to go back to stock and just not worry about any of this, i have read through some of the RUU threads and such but im having a good amount of trouble. Could i get some help? i am able to send commands to the phone but cant get into anything else, keeps going to fastboot when phone is restart. believe it is locked in fastboot. Let me know any info you need.

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
I think you have re-locked your phone as of now. If you have re-locked it you need to run the RUU or flash the ROM.zip via hboot. you can find the RUU in couple of threads now..

asnpdirtezw

Mar 19, 2011
while attempting to flash the RUU i continue to get the error FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail) Everything else seems to go fine until i get to that point.

asnpdirtezw

Mar 19, 2011
That is correct, i managed to unlock it again so i could attempt to flash the stock recovery and see if i could flash the RUU that way but it keeps giving me an error.

Last edited:

thayl0

May 26, 2013
That is correct, i managed to unlock it again so i could attempt to flash the stock recovery and see if i could flash the RUU that way but it keeps giving me an error.

Weird because because I ruu the other day. But I'm also unlocked and soff

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai

well since you are unlocked again, i would suggest to go ahead and install an Custom ROM. I know you had problems with Sprint when you did if the first time, but do try again with the following checks

1. Make sure you get the proper ROM for your phone - i assume your phone is from Sprint and so download the Sprint variant and not the international or anything else.

2. Use TWRP recovery for flashing the ROM. we have had users reporting similar issues when CWM was used.