[Q] ROMs For Given Criteria?

Search This thread

phnord

Jun 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
I know that generally speaking, opinion-threads aren't highly looked upon here.

That said, I am not asking, "What ROM is your favorite?" I am looking here to find a ROM that meets a certain set of criteria, and am finding it difficult to do so with the way that things are organized here.

These criteria, in order, are:

• Stable
  • Quick
  • Good Battery Life
  • Featureful

So in other words, while I would love for it to have the most modern, high-end KitKat features available, I would not want to make big sacrifices to battery life for their sake. I would not want to make big sacrifices to the fluidity for battery life, and I would not want to make big sacrifices to the stability for speed.

So my question is: what ROMs meet these criteria best? Not what roms are the best -- what ROMs best meet these criteria?

MadnessG

Mar 20, 2012
Los Angeles
This is solely my personal opinion, I would recommend that you try out a couple ROMs and decide for yourself, but the two that I immediately was reminded of when I read your "criteria" is
Padawan JB V4
Sons of Android

I hope you find what you're looking for.

phnord

Jun 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
This is solely my personal opinion, I would recommend that you try out a couple ROMs and decide for yourself..

See, this is the thing that I don't get: when I try to install a new ROM, it is a lengthy process with lots of bugs and quirks along the way, usually, and lots of time invested to actually get the ROM fully running. Transferring old apps, SMS, contacts, call logs, working out the bugs that you encounter along the way and then fine tuning the settings of the ROM... it takes many, many hours for me.

Hence usually once I go through all of that effort, the thought of throwing it all away and trying something else seems bafflingly overwhelming to me.

Am I missing something?

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
See, this is the thing that I don't get: when I try to install a new ROM, it is a lengthy process with lots of bugs and quirks along the way, usually, and lots of time invested to actually get the ROM fully running. Transferring old apps, SMS, contacts, call logs, working out the bugs that you encounter along the way and then fine tuning the settings of the ROM... it takes many, many hours for me.

Hence usually once I go through all of that effort, the thought of throwing it all away and trying something else seems bafflingly overwhelming to me.

Am I missing something?

Most of that is done for me once I put in my gmail account. Except for sms. As far as bugs, are you flashing clean, cause there really arent that many bugs, or at least nothing that sohould be a suprise.

When I try a new rom, I go to the last post and start reading backwards. This makes you aware of the most recent problems and if there is a fix. If its more than I want to deal with, I dont bother.

But I do understand, it can seem like such a chore......sometimes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

ddrface

Aug 29, 2012
In my personal opinion the most stable, battery life for use dialy is the NOVENA and PADAWAN v8 using ICS :)

Reactions: captemo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In my personal opinion the most stable, battery life for use dialy is the NOVENA and PADAWAN v8 using ICS :)